• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Fracas

#fuckonami
To offset the "HaloGAF exclusive" deal of the day, first person to quote me (that doesn't have the game) gets a Steam key for Red Faction: Armageddon plus the DLC. Just bought the Humble Bundle, but I don't really have any desire to play it.

I wanted to see if anyone wanted to get them on here first. I haven't even posted this on there.
How is this justification in any way

DeadNames

Banned
To offset the "HaloGAF exclusive" deal of the day, first person to quote me (that doesn't have the game) gets a Steam key for Red Faction: Armageddon plus the DLC. Just bought the Humble Bundle, but I don't really have any desire to play it.

How is this justification in any way

#SWAG

Yeah, I don't have the game. I don't really have many games on steam haha. Just terraria.

Computron

Yeah... I think for now I'm just going to make vector art/blueprints of all the concepts and then if Halo 3 PC comes out I'll take a look at things.

Get AfterEffects and make the UI a reality.
It's perfect for designing UI mockups with Illustrator, seeing as already got some experience.

Or get Flash and Scaleform SDK and make an actual UI mokeup for UDK or Cryengine 3.

I hear Scaleform experience is a big plus for UI designers.

^Crysis 3 will be on steam?

You're gonna have a real hard time getting any of your sandbox stuff made with no programming/scripting/3d experience.

Depends on what he wants to put in the game. If its just something like that combiner he mentioned if he has models and animations he can dupe the Plasma Pistol tags and use one of the available tools to swap around the projectiles. The rest of his crazy shit is going to be much harder.

Computron

Depends on what he wants to put in the game. If its just something like that combiner he mentioned if he has models and animations he can dupe the Plasma Pistol tags and use one of the available tools to swap around the projectiles. The rest of his crazy shit is going to be much harder.

One hacked together combiner does not a sandbox make.

And even the stuff you mentioned will still take quite a bit of effort.

Wahrer does spend a lot of his time on this stuff, though.
War-bro, If you're interested in this stuff as a serious hobby or career, its not hard to get started.
But it will take a lot of time and repeated failures. (as with anything creative)

m23

It would be much lower but I decided at the start of this gen I would not trade games in anymore because I regret it if I ever want to replay them and the trade in value for games is ridiculously low.

Same. I have roughly 80-90 retail games because I refused to trade them in with a couple of exceptions. Now that next gen is coming though, I will be selling some off to help raise funds for a new console.

Ghazi

This is 100% the case. If you select DLC through the BF3 main menu to download it's really slow, but when you change to the dashboard it's actually faster. Don't know why, though.
Weird, I would think the opposite would be true considering the Xbox wouldn't be focusing on anything but the download.

Also, I was referring to background downloading when the Xbox is off. But this info was interesting to learn.

#SWAG

Yeah, I don't have the game. I don't really have many games on steam haha. Just terraria.
DAAAMN. I'm gonna have to gift you some games the next time I buy a steam card!

One hacked together combiner does not a sandbox make.

A large majority of the "new" weapons are just combined elements of old ones (see the Huntshot for another example of this) but with modified damage/blast radius settings. A few of them, notably the Phase Rifle, Gravity Gauntlet and Crossbolt would probably be ridiculously difficult to implement by my standards though.

I am interested in the idea of making a UI so I might look into that.

Wareh, I'm fucking bored as shit lately if you want to PM some of your sandbox I can see what i can do about replicating its functionality in Halo CE.

A large majority of the "new" weapons are just combined elements of old ones (see the Huntshot for another example of this) but with modified damage/blast radius settings. A few of them, notably the Phase Rifle, Gravity Gauntlet and Crossbolt would probably be ridiculously difficult to implement by my standards though.

I am interested in the idea of making a UI so I might look into that.
Why are you wasting time with this sandbox stuff when halo CD exists? Buff the needler a little and that sandbox is perfect.

Fracas

#fuckonami
There were insane deals for Infinite before launch, and Crysis was $30 last week.

Even then, there are people in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread selling it for much less than $50 and $45.

I don't think you understand why we think you're an idiot. You bought games from someone on GAF for cheap and are now trying to flip them in this thread by claiming we get a "HaloGAF exclusive offer." Pretty lame thing to do.

Oh well, not worth arguing about any further. No one wants the keys.

Fotos

Oh my gosh dude no one wants your keys, give it up. The thread's already derailed enough

I'm not even trying selling it anymore. I'm just defending myself at this point. I really didn't care if anyone bought it in the first place.

I don't think you understand why we think you're an idiot. You bought games from someone on GAF for cheap and are now trying to flip them in this thread by claiming we get a "HaloGAF exclusive offer." Pretty lame thing to do.

Oh well, not worth arguing about any further. No one wants the keys.

I bought them for $90 and I was selling it on here for $80. And that HaloGAF exclusive was a joke. Jesus, you guys just fucking pounced on that.

Wareh, I'm fucking bored as shit lately if you want to PM some of your sandbox I can see what i can do about replicating its functionality in Halo CE.

yyo0Fj0.gif

I'll send you some of the stuff I think has a better chance of being replicated. I'm sure a lot of the weapons might be easier than they seem just because people have already recreated a lot of the weapons in the franchise in Custom Edition.

Why are you wasting time with this sandbox stuff when halo CD exists? Buff the needler a little and that sandbox is perfect.

It's just a bit of a deviation from the traditional competitive formula the majority here wants and throws in a few elements out of Quake, Metroid, etc. I think it'd be an interesting insight to see if Halo still plays well with some of this stuff. That, and maybe people might find some of the new weapons, dare I say it, fun.

Selling iPod charging cable. $10 HaloGAF exclusive. Will arrive in 2-63 days.

KuGsj.gif
will buy 20 if they come with more love notes. I actually tried buying some more today.

Akai__

Weird, I would think the opposite would be true considering the Xbox wouldn't be focusing on anything but the download.

Also, I was referring to background downloading when the Xbox is off. But this info was interesting to learn.

DAAAMN. I'm gonna have to gift you some games the next time I buy a steam card!

Since when is the Xbox downloading, when it is off?

StalkerUKCG The Maw & Toy Soldiers Giveaway

I have up for grabs,

Toy Soldiers x2
The Maw x2

First 4 HaloGAF regulars who quote this post get them.

1 code each, Say what you want in the post

m23

I miss Steve Carrel on The Office :(

I just started Sons of Anarchy, for those of you who've watched it, how is it?

I have up for grabs,

Toy Soldiers x2
The Maw x2

Toy Soldiers please. Not even sure if I count as a Halogaf regular actually....

I have up for grabs,

Toy Soldiers x1
The Maw x1

Check PM's Madness and Franklinaut

Top Bottom