• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Omni

Reach to Halo 4 is the lesser of two evils.

Reach is like a gold plated piece of poop.

Halo 4 is a bar of gold coated in poop.

I don't think that analogy is strong enough.

Halo 4 is a bar of gold coated in poop which is stuck in the anal canal of an old guy with haemorrhoids*

haemorrhoids being Infinity slayer / CTF / whatever else

DeadNames

Banned
Hey, doesn't the ability to redeem DewXP codes end in a day or two? Wonder if we'll hear about any non-Dew DEXP stuff soon.

Also how i forge

Needs more vehicles and power weapons.

I don't think that analogy is strong enough.

Halo 4 is a bar of gold coated in poop which is stuck in the anal canal of an old guy with haemorrhoids*

haemorrhoids being Infinity slayer / CTF / whatever else

Ehhh sure! :p

Omni

Screw it, today I'm going to buy the Halo Wars DLC. I'm pretty sure it's still full price... I'm just sick of waiting for it to go on sale.

You win again, Microsoft.

343, just make ODST 2 and Halo Wars 2 for this year and next year while you sort out Halo 5 pls.

Halo Wars 2 for next gen or PC, plz. Preferably PC.

Omni

No ones plays the DLC. Seriously.
Kinda presumed so. I mostly play alone/with friends anyway, so it doesn't really matter too much as they already have it. I haven't been able to find a game in matchmaking for a while

It comes free with the platinum hits version of the game, or at least it did with mine.

that too^^
If I didn't still own the limited edition from launch, I'd probably just get that. But I have like 1800 MS points left over on my account anyway, so I might as well

I think Halo 5 is going to be Halo 2 of the Reclaimer Trilogy. I mean, think about it. It'll be buggy as shit meaning campaign exploration should be fun even if it is breaking 343's vision, they want more of an emphasis on story, etc.

"We listened to all the community feedback, and realised that players didn't want an even playing field and put a progression system in, which is what they wanted"

Ugh.

Progression systems fucking ruin FPSes.

Fuck carrot on a stick crap.

wwm0nkey

If anyone missed it, Murder Miners is getting CTF in the new update and I took some videos

Murder the Flag match

Infection+CTF

Also there is no auto pickup and you can drop the flag.....even harpoon it at people

tGfiID5.gif

"We listened to all the community feedback, and realised that players didn't want an even playing field and put a progression system in, which is what they wanted"

Ugh.

Progression systems fucking ruin FPSes.

Fuck carrot on a stick crap.

but the fans demand it!

I still want to know what fans they were talking to, because it sure as hell wasn't HaloGAF, or Waypoint, or Bungie.net, or anyone in the public, considering they couldn't even give us a beta this time.

Omni

This place is so depressing. Be happy, guys. :)

Yeah, let's look on the bright side. Eventually they'll have to stop copying CoD and think of their own ideas that actually fit within the series

I've been up for far too long... I don't even know what I'm talking about any more. Goodnight, GAF.

So we finally have placeable trees available in forge! YAY! In the Halo 3 days somebody at Bungie claimed having trees in forge would look off without shadows, or something to that effect as the reasoning for not having them. I was definitely expecting them in Reach, alot of people were, but they weren't there and nothing was said about them. Now fastforward to Halo 4 and we still get a new Halo title without introducing trees in forge. Seemed like a cruel joke to me, especially when it's near the top of every forgers wish list. At this rate I don't think half of my ideas for forge going back to Halo 3 now, will even be included in Halo 6. It would be nice for some clarity on this, but I'm sure the reason is 343 is being held back by Microsoft. Who is going to buy those mediocre map packs they release if we are able to make nicer maps? Another reason could be 343 had forge on the back burner during development and was running out of time, then tried getting Certain Affininty to finish it. That would explain more than just missing trees, but even things missing that we had in Reach.

When are we going to stop making excuses for 343i? Mircrosoft didn't go to them and say that they had to downgrade Forge because people were getting too good at it and map packs wouldn't sell.

Zoolader

So we finally have placeable trees available in forge! YAY! In the Halo 3 days somebody at Bungie claimed having trees in forge would look off without shadows, or something to that effect as the reasoning for not having them. I was definitely expecting them in Reach, alot of people were, but they weren't there and nothing was ever said about them. Now fastforward to Halo 4 and we still get a new Halo title without introducing trees in forge. Seemed like a cruel joke to me, especially when it's near the top of every forgers wish list. At this rate I don't think half of my ideas for forge going back to Halo 3 now, will even be included in Halo 6. It would be nice for some clarity on this, but I'm sure the reason is 343 is being held back by Microsoft. Who is going to buy those mediocre map packs they release if we are able to make nicer maps? Another reason could be 343 had forge on the back burner during development and was running out of time, then tried getting Certain Affininty to finish it. That would explain more than just missing trees, but even things missing that we had in Reach.

DeadNames

Banned
Yeah, let's look on the bright side. Eventually they'll have to stop copying CoD and think of their own ideas that actually fit within the series

I've been up for far too long... I don't even know what I'm talking about any more. Goodnight, GAF.

When are we going to stop making excuses for 343i? Mircrosoft didn't go to them and say that they had to downgrade Forge because people were getting too good at it and map packs wouldn't sell.

Someone's just a bundle of negativity today.

but the fans demand it!

I still want to know what fans they were talking to, because it sure as hell wasn't HaloGAF, or Waypoint, or Bungie.net, or anyone in the public, considering they couldn't even give us a beta this time.

CoD fans.

Anyway I definitely won't be purchasing the next Halos. TD might but they've lost a player for good with their design philosophy. My fun was based around not dealing with class structures, perks and "leveling up". With all of that included and destined to be in sequels, I'm outtie.

wwm0nkey

CoD fans.

Anyway I definitely won't be purchasing the next Halos. TD might but they've lost a player for good with their design philosophy. My fun was based around not dealing with class structures, perks and "leveling up". With all of that included and destined to be in sequels, I'm outtie.

I was willing to give it a chance but after only a month with Halo 4 I was already bored and just "done" with the game.

Top Bottom