• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Poor Juices. I'm clinging on to Syracuse but there are 6 gaffers with Louisville to contend with :p

Its fucking bullshit Kansas lost that ten point lead. I cant even explain it they went fucking babby mode for the last 5 minutes, I could have won that game for them.

Goddamnit this entire world needs me in charge of it or it goes into disarray. Everything sucks.

:) AHH

Computron

9tIhYPHl.jpg

altKaYFl.jpg

The rocks (with the moss special effect) + trees does so much for making forged maps look better on the eyes automatically

My body is not ready.

The rocks (with the moss special effect) + trees does so much for making forged maps look better on the eyes automatically

I like using the trees on their sides at the base of some rocks so it looks likes some foliage is growing out the cracks on the rocks.

Tempted to remake Guardian.

JackHerer

Are the maps made for 8 players? The spawns are so bad I'm sick of the game starting with a guy directly in my cross hairs, and pretty often you spawn right next to someone, who's probably one shot because he just killed/someone else. Also some of the maps have ridiculous sight lines, easy to one-shot a weak guy across the map because there's no cover.

Oh and just a personal grief, WAAAAAY too Automatic friendly. Screw the AR. I also think 2 nades are way too much for this playlist where the rooms are already small and limited, grenades are spammed really often.

I didn't find the playlist enjoyable for the same reasons. The maps feel too small for 8 people. The spawns are a cluster fuck on most of the maps. All these issues are magnified when it's Infinity because of the ridiculous amount of power weapons in play.

In a different Halo game the maps might be ok but because everyone has sprint it makes the maps feel tiny. It's more frustrating than fun.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
The new Forge stuff seems pretty cool. Kudos to 343 for listening to fans in this case.

I played around in forge earlier and built a really simple 2 bases with trees and rocks map on the middle island to try it out. The limit of rocks is pretty low still. Id love to get a full explanation of how forge uses available system specs and why X can't be done. I mean, Iv played modded forge maps that bypass the limits and in some cases its been perfectly playable.

I constantly feel limited by the forge pallet both in available objects and object limits. I believe it holds back so many potentially amazing maps. Forge needs to be handled from day 1 to launch (and after) by a dedicated team and given all the support it can during development.

Even if the engine cannot produce terrain editing it clearly can do sloped objects so why not gives us a variety of hills and mounds?. Atop this texture swapping on objects and actual flat objects that you can run across without bouncing up and down would be great additions. Fine Editing needs to return the fact something as crucial as this was just forgot about during development says volumes about the team creating forge. Forge Island is a step in the right direction but that's all it is and I fear its the last forge update we can expect for Halo 4 (not that it matters because who is actually playing it currently)

Forge made a huge leap when it went from H3 to Reach and I can only describe its progression into Halo 4 as falling forward. Magnets are a worthwhile addition but in some instances the magnet points are useless so its better to avoid them which in turn makes that super easy slotting together of objects feature redundant. Shadows(and lighting) can go a long way into making a map less like a forge location but having to worry about placing an object and suddenly losing all those shadows that you carefully set up for player orientation again makes them fairly useless.

Purplemage

Neo Member
I noticed on some of the FFA Pro games the sword is available but only with half ammo.

I know it's been discussed on here before but a sword with only 5 swings is so much better, and this is coming from someone who love, love, loves the sword. All you can get is one spree with it and with the more powerful sandbox of Halo 4 even that's tougher at times.

Just thought it was neat.

Nowise10

Going Offtopic, but Handyman in Bioshock Infinite are easily one of the worst enemies I've ever seen in a game. There is no way to counter them, and you just have to hope you get lucky. In other-words, complete bullshit. Automatically makes me give the game a 9/10 its so frustrating.

AKA: Watch this video full a small part of why this is bullshit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERe_MzU8S6Q&

Going Offtopic, but Handyman in Bioshock Infinite are easily one of the worst enemies I've ever seen in a game. There is no way to counter them, and you just have to hope you get lucky. In other-words, complete bullshit. Automatically makes me give the game a 9/10 its so frustrating.

I thought they were easy, in fact I beat one by only shooting his heart...on 1999 mode.

I saw your video, you got two unfortunate respawn spots (the last especially) but the biggest mistake you made was you never moved around using the sky rail after your first respawn, you had enough time to back out of there.

Pop

well you can't just stand there and take it haha

Nowise10

I thought they were easy, in fact I beat one by only shooting his heart...on 1999 mode.

I saw your video, you got two unfortunate respawn spots (the last especially) but the biggest mistake you made was you never moved around using the sky rail after your first respawn, you had enough time to back out of there.

Me and my friend cant do them.

Is their like a technique im not getting? Im still on this guy after about 30 minutes. I just keep shooting at his chest whenever I can, and I get somewhat close to him dying, but then i die and its so unmotivating.

Omni

Well a 9/10 is pretty good?

While we're speaking about AI... Banshees in Halo 4 drive me crazy. They just constantly shoot you with 100% accuracy and on higher difficulties it's impossible to move out of cover. Not only that, but once you get in a Banshee yourself, every. single. enemy. can shoot you from across the map with ease, no matter how much you spin around and dodge.

Forerunner (or whatever the third level is) drives me insane because of it. It's not impossible, but rather infuriating. Makes me want to bang my head against the wall repetitively.

Me and my friend cant do them.

Is their like a technique im not getting? Im still on this guy after about 30 minutes. I just keep shooting at his chest whenever I can, and I get somewhat close to him dying, but then i die and its so unmotivating.

As soon as one appears keep moving, always moving, and anticipate where he is going to jump to. Shooting at his heart does more damage then anywhere else.

For that particular area use the sky rails and more importantly your tears such as decoy and the mosquito. Keep hopping around the place. Especially to places where you can make a quick getaway.

In terms of vigors use crows, or crow traps (the more upgraded the better). He gets stunned for a while.

In terms of gear, (if you have it) equip the one that gives you more damage on handymen, or other gear that awards bonus damages such as ADS +25 more damage then hip fire.

As soon as one appears keep moving, always moving, and anticipate where he is going to jump to. Shooting at his heart does more damage then anywhere else.

For that particular area use the sky rails and more importantly your tears such as decoy and the mosquito. Keep hopping around the place. Especially to places where you can make a quick getaway.

In terms of vigors use crows, or crow traps (the more upgraded the better). He gets stunned for a while.

In terms of gear, (if you have it) equip the one that gives you more damage on handymen, or other gear that awards bonus damages such as ADS +25 more damage then hip fire.

The "ADS +25 more damage then hip fire." perk actually decreases damage done outside of hip fire doesn't it? I tend to free fire a lot so totally dodged that.

I feel like I should play the game on a lower difficulty setting, playing on hard and I feel like I have to hide behind cover a LOT if I start hopping around the place the crossfire catches me out.

Big daddy's were cooler than handymen

The "ADS +25 more damage then hip fire." perk actually decreases damage done outside of hip fire doesn't it? I tend to free fire a lot so totally dodged that.

I feel like I should play the game on a lower difficulty setting, playing on hard and I feel like I have to hide behind cover a LOT if I start hopping around the place the crossfire catches me out.

Big daddy's were cooler than handymen

Yeah decreases hip fire damage, I personally don't use it. That's a great thing about infinite, you can play the whole game without going ADS.

Yeah decreases hip fire damage, I personally don't use it. That's a great thing about infinite, you can play the whole game without going ADS.

On hard mode you have to go ADS, im spending the entire game scoped in with my DMR equivalent just cross mapping people.

I think I should tone down the difficulty to allow me to get more out of the combat itself, but meh I may do that on a repeat playthrough.

On hard mode you have to go ADS, im spending the entire game scoped in with my DMR equivalent just cross mapping people.

I think I should tone down the difficulty to allow me to get more out of the combat itself, but meh I may do that on a repeat playthrough.

I didn't go into ADS mode for the majority of my hard playthrough.

And even less for 1999 mode, the game caters for the types of battles you want.

I like that.

Just mod in some pelicans or something.

Blueblur1

I feel bad for 343. They are genuinely nice people yet their game doesn't live up to standards and they have horrible design philosophy, so they get the flames.

I'm sure 343 would've made a killer Halo game, but MS probably intervened somewhere.
Don't feel bad for them because they're "nice people". They made a crap product (by Halo standards) and deserve to get shit for it. Unlike Bungie, they are not their own worst critics or else we wouldn't have gotten shit like the Cortana love story in campaign and the inferior multiplayer mode they want to force down everyone's throats. So we have to give them shit instead.

As for MS, the people up top will not care about what changes are made and how they affect the fan base. Those people only care about numbers and will hire anyone as long as the job gets done. They don't give a fuck about you and I.

I mentioned it on Twitter last night but I'll repeat it here: I'm sure there are a lot of cool people at 343 (like Vic Deleon) but their work is not going to shine when you have horrible creative direction marring the entire product. If you ask me, the entire set of heads at the top of 343 need to be replaced. Starting with Josh Holmes and including Kevin Franklin and Sotaro Tojima.

Top Bottom