• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

GrizzNKev

Banned
I really like this guy, not that I agree with him on everything and I don't like all the stuff he thinks is right or he likes, but he was the only one from 343 who made it seem he read it.

He plays with the community almost everynight and tries stuff, often responds to tweets by some more"famous" halo pros and also gets into discussions.

He is a better community interactor than Jess, eventhough it is her job and he has a different one

Her job is to keep up an outward appearance across multiple social and media platforms much more than it is to interact.

GrizzNKev

Banned
I was 8.

Didn't play CE until after Halo 2 came out though, in 04. Didn't own 2 until 07. Didn't own 3 until 08. I've been keeping up with Day 1's since then.

gAg CruSh3r

I was 10 when the first halo came out. Played it with my older brother and his friend. Got my ass kicked quite a bit. Good times.

I was 10 as well. I played it with my good friend. That's all we did whenever I came over. It was his brothers Xbox. All the good times in campaign...

I remember when Halo 1 came out. I was in 4th grade and bragged so hard to my friends that I got an Xbox with Halo CE, NFL Fever 2002, and Munches oddworld Odysee for Christmas. Balllllllin!

DeadNames

Banned
Quinn seems like a nice dude. He's actually talking to the people who care about Halo and not the waypoint D slurpers who just want to talk to a 343 employee like Jess does.

Shadders

This thread has been nuts lately!

Henery knocked it out of the park with that post, do we have GAF knighthoods? Maybe we should.

Been out of the loop for a few days visiting family over Easter, I'm going to do a video of my reaction to Josh's postmortem later..

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Quinn seems like a nice dude. He's actually talking to the people who care about Halo and not the waypoint D slurpers who just want to talk to a 343 employee like Jess does.

I was with you on the first part and then you had to go and finish the post off with a total bullshit-fest.

How come every time I visit this thread you guys are bitching about 'slurpers' and 'scrubs?' What the fuck are you even talking about and why are you guys so hateful all the time?

ZeNy

Neo Member
It's funny because plenty of us are in the 20-25 age beacket so we'd have been a bunch of 12 year olds when CE came out.

That's what I said the last time someone post this picture in this thread. Everyone should understand they grew up since this day, but new kids aren't a bad thing for Halo (well, I'm not talking about the progression system with the gameplay blablabla), at least for the community.

I was about 9 years old when I played CE for the first time, followed the serie since this day. I'm a bit surprised 343 Industries tried to make Halo a generic shooter, but I understand why they do that. Now, I just hope they learned something from Halo 4 and they will correct as many thing as possible for their next title.

This post was not about the multiplayer part of Halo (I think the arena shooter we loved is now gone), the next big thing I'm waiting for the future of Halo is a cross-media experience, and I hope 343 Industries will go further with the Spartan Ops on Halo 5.

Tawpgun

^^ lol missed the point entirely.

Jess interacts with the community plenty. Not sure what her activity is like on Waypoint but she's really active on Twitter.

IHaveIce

Banned
How come every time I visit this thread you guys are bitching about 'slurpers' and 'scrubs?' What the fuck are you even talking about and why are you guys so hateful all the time?

Weren't you the guy who was upset that most of us hate people who play with Jetpack in combination with an AR? Do you also like Camo as AA?

And the last question can be answered easily : Because we want a good halo and many of us already did their calm and long posts what is wrong, now we are just ranting again.

Ellis, why no Spartan Ops2? :(

EDIT: I never inteded to say Jess isn't a good person or not really interacting in the sense of answering, I meant that she isn't a designer/developer and can't answer that many questions or like Quinn have any impact on design choices, I also see her rarely playing with folks like Quinn does.

I didn't meant to talk Jess down.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

And Burger Kings, always with Burger Kings.

EDIT: Also Jess is awesome. She'll literally talk to anyone.
When I say literally anyone I mean Heckfu

:p

Overdoziz

Banned
It's days like this make me wonder why I waste time posting in this thread.
image.php

JHall

This place would be a lot less salty if Halo 4 was an actual Halo game.

No sprint, no loadouts, no AA's, focused around 4v4 balanced, competitive gameplay, good maps, no ordnance drops, fast/crispy strafing, etc.

LD2k

Neo Member
Here's my 15 minute interview with Walshy - all about competitive gaming with sprinkles of Halo and me admitting, with no shame, I won't challenge him to a 1v1 in Halo 2: http://youtu.be/pt7P_Fw-4qA

I think you guys will REALLY enjoy this - especially competitive gaming advocates like myself. He had some great stuff to share.

DeadNames

Banned
this game doesn't even need a better strafe for default multiplayer. the things that really tick me off are things that could be easily removed, ie ordnance and AAs.

DeadNames

Banned
Um ill take strafing over ordnance & AA's. Thanks.

really? gosh if you're playing casually the strafe is fine, that's why I said in default multiplayer. I wouldn't complain if AAs and ordnance were removed and we were left with a barebones 4.

not that I'm trying to justify a slow strafe. I'd like a faster strafe just like any other guy.

and sai, I'm talking about the worst case scenario. I'd be fine with both things altered.

The strafing in Halo 4 is slow and sloppy.

That seems like something that would be difficult to change. However, if they've made it so they can adjust auto-aim in gametype scripting...the gunplay could be modified to work better with the strafe mechanics we have, so that they are more effective, and without further title updates.

JHall

That's not something they can likely change easily. However, if they've made it so they can adjust auto-aim in gametype scripting...

I know it's not something that can be changed easily in Halo 4. I just focusing on future Halo games. If they focused around Halo CE/2 style movement and lowered aim assist it would be a major step in the right direction.

Rev3rb

That's not something they can likely change easily. However, if they've made it so they can adjust auto-aim in gametype scripting...

If made a gametype where they left strafe acceleration as it currently is (since they can't mess with it), upped movement speed a bit, lowered auto-aim for BR (to counter the slow strafe), and maybe made the BR a 4sk...

I'd play the shit out of that.

If made a gametype where they left strafe acceleration as it currently is (since they can't mess with it), upped movement speed a bit, lowered auto-aim for BR (to counter the slow strafe), and maybe made the BR a 4sk...

I'd play the shit out of that.

I'm a little surprised 343 didn't release a "classic" gametype with the TU, so the BR could be a 4-shot without messing up the rest of the sandbox.

The individual weapon modification knobs they added are gametype specific, so they can do that.

No I know that. I mean I'm surprised they didn't release something to show it off. Sure we know its possible, but we have yet to actually play a gametype where things are modified.

Top Bottom