• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Basically its because she is a decent looking girl who likes vidya games and so to the more social inept members of the gaming community she is going to be their waifu.

I expect some of it is sarcasm but I genuinely think that some dudes out their have "feelings" for her.

Always surprises me how quickly some people redeem codes. @DerFlatulator just dropped a code 19 seconds ago, and it was already redeemed.

How do people do these so quickly? I have 2 windows side by side, one with the redeem code on Xbox.com and I still don't redeem them fast enough lol.

Ghazi

Ugh, I keep missing the avatar codes.
Always surprises me how quickly some people redeem codes. @DerFlatulator just dropped a code 19 seconds ago, and it was already redeemed.

How do people do these so quickly? I have 2 windows side by side, one with the redeem code on Xbox.com and I still don't redeem them fast enough lol.

me too lol

See here is the thing I disagree with about your sandbox.

While elements are interesting you ultimately just make things worse because you add soo much fluff and shit to it.

Every player has every AA that's now based on a single cool down timer with individual consumption rates and everything is just adding more and more and distracting more from the Core gameplay.

Admittedly I skim your posts but its seems you invented like 10 new weapons and crammed them besides what is effectively a Halo4 Reach fusion sandbox. Its going to have redundancy issues and too all that you now want every player to have every AA and be able to switch between them at the drop of a hat.

Its just layers of complexity when Halo 4 is way too complicated to start with.

The sandbox needs stripping back to its roots.

Close Range weapon (SMG/AR)
Medium Range weapon (BR)
Long Range weapon (Sniper)
Explosive weapon (Rockets)
Quirk Weapon (Grenade Launcher)
Side Arm (Pistol)

Covenant weapons and Promethean weapons then need to be overhauled so they each have unique functions.

Having 4 rifles that do essentially the same thing is bloat, 3 Spray and Pray weapons is bloat. Multiple power weapons that despite having different effects virtually all have the same function bloat.

Trim Dat Fat.

Honestly, the only reason I have the Armor Abilities set up like that is because they're so ingrained into Halo now. Most of them are either retooled heavily or slated to be removed entirely. Really, the only "aggressive" abilities I want are:

Double Jump
Thruster
Hologram

And that's it. Even Sprint's debatable because I would much rather a higher movement speed.

The Loadout weapons are admittedly a little more repetitive, but that's just for the sake of keeping things diverse (but still balanced) from the initial spawn.

I do agree with you about the Initial Ordnance and those will be altered significantly. Take the Phase Rifle as an example of this.

Booties

Banned
This is frustrating. I can't get the redeem code page to load, and when I do it's not working properly. Just spins that green loading icon indefinitely when I enter a code. Way too much traffic I guess.

Nowise10

I got banned from the chat for saying:

"So many negatives... wow 343 really are bad-kids"

... So apparently I can't be slightly negative towards 343... OK! :/

Every comment I've seen by you have been flame war causing statements.

Claiming how bad 343 and Halo 4 is in the majestic map pack stream isnt going to accomplish anything.

Am I the only one who stopping power bothers? You take any shots and you can't even move. It especially benefits someone else coming into the firefight as they can easily clean up. Maybe that is my issue with the automatic weapons. The minute someone starts spamming you can't move.

Using a touchpad is slowing me down, not as easy to copy/paste

Haha yeah.

Ok seriously. Those chat codes are the worst to put in. Already hard to copy and paste since the chat moves the code up, and by the time you copy and paste it to redeem it's already gone.

I wish I had these fast skills needed to redeem stuff lol.

Ghazi

Using a touchpad is slowing me down, not as easy to copy/paste

Yeah, I brought a wireless mouse!

lol Lucas tweeted out a wrong code, I told him it was invalid then he tweeted the same code out again. He deleted that tweet and tweeted a third, finally right code while I was trying to figure out what I was doing wrong with the 2nd code.

The Twitch app on iPad really sucks. I've been trying to load the stream since it started. I think it's only started once, but chat wasn't working. Then I got chat with no video. Now I can't even find the stream, it doesn't show up in Following, and bringing up a search bar crashes the app. *sigh*

Why do people even care about CSR if its not going to be viewable in game.

Having to use an external app to find out what rank you and others are is archaic and all but nullifies the existence of a ranking system.

Tunavi

Banned
The Twitch app on iPad really sucks. I've been trying to load the stream since it started. I think it's only started once, but chat wasn't working. Then I got chat with no video. Now I can't even find the stream, it doesn't show up in Following, and bringing up a search bar crashes the app. *sigh*
I tried watching the PS4 event on my iphone and it worked 1/10 times. What a garbage program.

I was gonna give away some spare Microsoft Points (not a lot, 400 points and maybe some 100 points lol) code I have. But then I realized I hate that chat. :p

Are give-away's allowed on GAF? Don't see anything in the rules against them.

vhfive

I was gonna give away some spare Microsoft Points (not a lot, 400 points and maybe some 100 points lol) code I have. But then I realized I hate that chat. :p

Are give-away's allowed on GAF? Don't see anything in the rules against them.

I spend way too much time watching LoL on twitch and I have found hiding the chat will make your experience better 100% of the time.

Does it involve a donkey?

They had to shoehorn Xand in there somehow.

th_Gif29.gif

FyreWulff

The twitch app is so bad they should just pull it from all the marketplaces.

Yet somehow, the PS3 Youtube app is worse. Our PS3 literally suicided from trying to load a video in it.

Top Bottom