• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Nebula

Not sure if this has been posted but Paul B has considered ending his channel. In the link he talks about what he is doing, why he hasn't been posting and stuff. If anyone was subbed to him or is and hasn't seen this, I'd give it a listen.

TCKaos

Covenant sandbox has always been a fucking mess to be fair

Plasma Rifle
Brute Plasma Rifle
Plasma Repeater
Storm Rifle

Needler has consistently been inconsistent

Fuel rod canon is either too powerful for MP, Not in MP because, Absolute shit

Concussion rifle is god awful because it basically stops a player being able to react because they are to busy bouncing around

Swords and the horrible clash mechanic

Focus rifle.

I still think that 343 should have just buffed the Plasma Repeater instead of introducing the Storm Rifle. It's the exact same gun but it looks completely different and has a different name. It even makes more sense in the narrative.

After Halo 3 the Covenant has no more Engineers, so the ships and weapons are literally falling apart from disrepair. Where did the Storm get the resources to create a whole new line of weaponry? Where did they suddenly get an R/D department from? It would have been more likely that they would have to crack open those old shipping crates full of weapons that had been retired - like the Plasma Repeater, Concussion Rifle and Plasma Launcher.

Madness

Players should not be rewarded if their team lost the game, i liked Halo 3 exp because of it.

What? That's the one thing I disliked about Halo 3. That individual skill didn't count for shit. Now I'm not necessarily saying that most important thing isn't team play, but sometimes in team slayer, I would go 17-1 and would lose because the rest of my team sucked ass or we played a man down and I'd still go down in rank.

I mean why can't there be a system that does reward win or loss, but also takes into account how good individual players are. If I have 80% accuracy with my BR, I've got a 5:1 kills to deaths, I've got more assists, I've gotten a killing frenzy etc. why wouldn't that be factored into my rank?

Now you're right, you shouldn't really play team slayer without a good team and that ultimately if your team loses, you lose, just like in any other sport. But I don't know, I'd like a better system than what was in halo 3, if it is at all possible. For example, what if 3 guys played well enough to almost win, did they deserve a deranking against 4 the guys?

Team throwdown really is a great playlist and Halo 4 shines in it. It's just a shame more people geographically local to me don't play it. This evening I've been playing predominantly American players, a lot of Canadians and even Brazilians in my last match. Getting used to -2, 9 assist games on these trans-continental hosts.

Nebula

Team throwdown really is a great playlist and Halo 4 shines in it. It's just a shame more people geographically local to me don't play it. This evening I've been playing predominantly American players, a lot of Canadians and even Brazilians in my last match. Getting used to -2, 9 assist games on these trans-continental hosts.

Low population will do that to you. It can be horrid, but just be glad that it doesn't normally get to Halo 3 BTB levels of bad where you were yellow/red bar all game and most things struggled to register.

Scumbag 343 hits again.

So I'm playing the third mission on Apex (one of the best ones) and it looks like some Banshees fly over you just before the Linch appears. I think about EMPing one but you can't do that at all... such a missed opportunity to be able to highjack the Linch just by jumping out of your Banshee and landing on top of the Linch.

Crimson I found some randomly placed jetpacks, four exactly... WOOT!

ELLIS WHY?

Nebula

Just watched THCs Update video.

Infinity Rumble (Meh.)
Rumble Pro (YAY!)
And...

Regicide?

Why do they keep forcing this poopy gametype into FFA? It creates boring repetitive gameplay that makes me want to eject my disc after 1 minute. The only reason I don't mind Infinity Rumble (yet) is because it isn't Regicide. Just bring back Throwback FFA and be done with Regicide.

Karl2177

Nokyard and I were literally *this* close from having a perfectly flat floor after 1 try. Here's to hoping the next Forge map has a large section with a perfectly flat floor or better yet Forge and Anvil in Halo 5.

I doubt it. Because Microsoft.

I do hope it happens, though, and it happens right.

=(

I think back in 2007/2008 doing a Halo movie would have not only been possible, but successful as well.

I think now, doing a Halo movie would be a major failure in the box office. Halo isn't really that popular anymore, I means sure, the games still sell (and according to Frankie, selling more, although things like the NPD and such say otherwise) but they're not really as popular as it used to be. Back in 2007 Halo WAS the game. That's not true anymore.
I disagree that it would be a BO failure, but I feel movie studious would be a lot more reluctant to put a budget forward that the movie would need. I think Halo would pull back a lot of its old fans and even just sci-fi and casual game fans if it were made into a movie.. If the movie had good word of mouth and good reviews it would probably make a shit ton of money.

But it would take a bunch of money and people passionate towards the project.. I feel the chances of that happening now are incredibly slim.

That map looks a like a ton of fun.

I still wish the actual look of the map (not the skybox) had more going on artistically. It just really doesn't have the feel of custom made art assets. RIP visually varied maps.

Hah, thats pretty cool. Random also.

Nebula

Nokyard and I were literally *this* close from having a perfectly flat floor after 1 try. Here's to hoping the next Forge map has a large section with a perfectly flat floor or better yet Forge and Anvil in Halo 5.

Or 343 could try and figure out how to fix the misalignment issues on larger forge pieces.

Computer

Just watched THCs Update video.

Infinity Rumble (Meh.)
Rumble Pro (YAY!)
And...

Regicide?

Why do they keep forcing this poopy gametype into FFA? It creates boring repetitive gameplay that makes me want to eject my disc after 1 minute. The only reason I don't mind Infinity Rumble (yet) is because it isn't Regicide. Just bring back Throwback FFA and be done with Regicide.

Somewhere 343 said they made the game type Regicide specifically for people that are not good at Halo so they could have a chance at winning.

I wouldn't mind all the replacement gametypes if you could change them back to what they used to be. Regicide could be changed to Juggernaut, right? WRONG. Can't turn off the waypoint. Can't change current weapons. Can't do shit.

Nebula

It's an issue on every Forge piece. It's just more visible on larger pieces. Anyways it's not feasible with memory and bandwidth restrictions.

Next Gen. It's a forgers only hope. Well that or they can find employment as a map maker/designer and see what they draw up come to life as a studio made map.

Gui_PT

They had to shoehorn Xand in there somehow.

50454b89afa96f1e19000403.gif

Sorry no french people.

Hey watch it you tea drinking, muffin eating, posh talking chav

Booties

Banned
HANGING NEW WINDOW BLINDS SUCKS ASS
Just burn the house down and collect, son.

Seriously though that is the pits. I had to move right after my hand surgery last summer. That meant taking Dow. A dozen blinds and putting them up in a new house with a wrapped up hand. Fuuuuuck

Duji

Where you from?

kylej

Banned
It's even more mindnumbing because the woman who built the house was elderly and didn't have the physical ability to paint. So every single wall in this house was nothing more than white primer when I moved in, while the windows are a gross dark natural wood color with stains and whatnot on them. So I have to prime and paint the windows first - which takes a million years to do - then hang these stupid new blinds.

I stripped like 5 screws doing just one single window, because you're working at weird angles and I can't hit the screw head flush on. I hope I never get sick of those blinds because the mounting hardware is never coming out of those window frames without me dremeling those little pieces of shit out. God save us all.

GUYS I JUST GOT AN IDEA

HEAR ME OUT HERE IT'S GOOD THIS TIME

Okay so let's pretend my Armor Ability system is in place. Cycling through the DPad horizontally will give you access to a few passive abilities that rest on your HUD. These include:

-VISR Mode (No wallhacks)
-Motion Tracker 25M
-Sonar 25M (Default; Shows teammates and enemies that are shooting)
-Flashlight (Can produce a glare effect that multiplies exponentially over distance; would be especially useful to blind Snipers, or at least make it too bright for them to get a shot off on you)
-Reach Night Vision (Notable for giving a faint outline to cloaked users, but not holograms)

All Armor Abilities in your suit run off of a universal "AA Meter" that has a total of 30 points. Using an "aggressive" AA, which is a single press and can by cycled through using the vertical buttons on the DPad, costs 5 points per use (for a total of 6 uses). Using a "passive" AA uses 2 points per seconds, meaning using only a passive one would allow a total of 15 seconds.

Sonar 25M and Sprint do not use up any of your battery and can be used when your meter's depleted but Sprint has a Halo 4-style cooldown.

Now, I just got an idea. One of the major concerns about armor abilities is not knowing which one your enemy has, which loadout your enemy has, and so on. What if there was a passive armor ability called AA Vision that would actively display the loadout of your teammates and enemies? Hell, it could even work using our current AA system. I know it's not perfect but I mocked up two examples:

Red would be used for enemies and blue for teammates.

It's even more mindnumbing because the woman who built the house was elderly and didn't have the physical ability to paint. So every single wall in this house was nothing more than white primer when I moved in, while the windows are a gross dark natural wood color with stains and whatnot on them. So I have to prime and paint the windows first - which takes a million years to do - then hang these stupid new blinds.

I stripped like 5 screws doing just one single window, because you're working at weird angles and I can't hit the screw head flush on. I hope I never get sick of those blinds because the mounting hardware is never coming out of those window frames without me dremeling those little pieces of shit out. God save us all.

Which type of blinds you putting up.

Decorating is just one issue after another. So glad Its over and done with for a little while now. Still need to do the kitchen but its a nightmare it needs new plaster and everything an we still have not got a color scheme planned out.

Fracas

#fuckonami
GUYS I JUST GOT AN IDEA

Okay so let's pretend my Armor Ability system is in place. Cycling through the DPad horizontally will give you access to a few passive abilities that rest on your HUD. These include:

-Motion Tracker 25M
-Flashlight (Can produce a glare effect that multiplies exponentially over distance; would be especially useful to blind Snipers, or at least make it too bright for them to get a shot off on you)
-Reach Night Vision (Notable for giving a faint outline to cloaked users, but not holograms)

All Armor Abilities in your suit run off of a universal "AA Meter" that has a total of 30 points. Using an "aggressive" AA, which is a single press and can by cycled through using the vertical buttons on the DPad, costs 5 points per use (for a total of 6 uses). Using a "passive" AA uses 2 points per seconds, meaning using only a passive one would allow a total of 15 seconds.

Sonar 25M and Sprint do not use up any of your battery and can be used when your meter's depleted but Sprint has a Halo 4-style cooldown.

Now, I just got an idea. One of the major concerns about armor abilities is not knowing which one your enemy has, which loadout your enemy has, and so on. What if there was a passive armor ability called AA Vision that would actively display the loadout of your teammates and enemies? Hell, it could even work using our current AA system. I know it's not perfect but I mocked up two examples:

Quoting because it's a fucking awesome idea.

IHaveIce

Banned
GUYS I JUST GOT AN IDEA

-Motion Tracker 25M

This is a good idea, but keep in my mind how cluttered the HUD already is while playing.

I don't know I would like a simpler version like just checking the scoreboard and see every AA someone chose.

Or you know no AAs at all :'(

Fotos

GUYS I JUST GOT AN IDEA

-Motion Tracker 25M

Seems too complex. Complexity is the last thing we need in Halo.

Ghazi

It is easily the best playlist in the game IMO. Played Throwdown and Doubles for like 7 hours straight last night.

I was just doing Doubles and me and my friend got CTF on Solari, it was pretty intense. Speed Boost got us 3 caps, but we lost.

Mix

I really hope Halo 5 harkens back to Halo 2/3 and what with team throwdown has brought us. I'm in love with Halo 4 at long last <3

This is a good idea, but keep in my mind how cluttered the HUD already is while playing.

I don't know I would like a simpler version like just checking the scoreboard and see every AA someone chose.

Or you know no AAs at all :'(

I actually thought about this too - having Loadouts being displayed on the scoreboard - and I think it'd be just as good of an idea. Then you might have some even further depth to combat because you'd have one person staying back behind cover talking with teammates.

"CyReN, who are you fighting?"
"KSI BongHitz and 420xSweepxSnipe!"
"KSI's got Hardlight, 420's got Boltshot!"
*CyReN puts one more shot into KSI and throws a grenade at them. KSI instinctively activated Hardlight Shield after the final shot, but is killed by the grenade. CyReN backpedals and cleans up 420 with his Battle Rifle.*

It'd be an interesting dynamic, for sure, my only worry would be people complaining about it not being "easily accessible in the middle of combat" or something.

Seems too complex. Complexity is the last thing we need in Halo.

640px-H4_Complex.jpg

Top Bottom