• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Fotos

I'm curious as to what 343 will do for the rest of the franchise.

I wonder what direction they will take for Halo 5. Will they go with simple Halo that made the series popular? Or will they continue with the garbage cluster fuck of randomness that is slowly but surely killing Halo. We shall see.

I'll never get this mantis achievement legit, it needs to be boosted. If you also want to boost it, send me a friend request on XBL. We'll need to get at least 9 people so we can have at least one person on the other team.

I wonder what direction they will take for Halo 5. Will they go with simple Halo that made the series popular? Or will they continue with the garbage cluster fuck of randomness that is slowly but surely killing Halo. We shall see.

Ideally they will find a way to embrace both the new and old to keep everyone happy, and stop forcing the new onto those who do not want it. They need to find a better balance, and not ignore certain parts of the franchise and fandom.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Fuck this forum.
u-and-me2yriyh.gif

FyreWulff

Hopefully no more maps from previous Halo games.

orznge

Banned

the latter since the sales numbers are high still

heckfu

Banned
Honestly at this point I don't even know. The vast majority of design decisions they made have been shat on by our little microcosm here but people still gobble it up so who knows.

BK Bonanza

At least we play the game instead of living in the forum and lamenting on the days of old :)

It definitely just started hailing on my drive home from work. I had to park at a Waffle House for about 20 minutes until it cleared up. I almost died!

Tawpgun

I love how halo 4 plays, I don't understand the hate.

Be more specifics? What aspects don't you like?

The majority of the dislike comes from infinity settings being far too random, turning everything into a fiesta like clusterfuck and loadouts.

Karl2177

I love how halo 4 plays, I don't understand the hate.

Some people don't like the additions like Armor Abilities and Perks, and there's not a great option base for them to play legacy Halo settings. The best option for these players is Team Throwback, which is good, but it's still a bit far from being close to older settings.

It definitely just started hailing on my drive home from work. I had to park at a Waffle House for about 20 minutes until it cleared up. I almost died!

This isn't your blog.

Jadedx

Banned
Lack of decent maps, complete gutting of gametypes, Infinity settings forced into everything, sandbox downgrade, missing features from forge, broken settings. I could go on.

I like all of those changes, except for forge which I don't care about.

I like all of those changes, except for forge which I don't care about.

... You like... less options? You like that they removed every variant of CTF? No more settings for Infection? No Juggernaut, no Assault, no Invasion? You see that as an improvement?

Jadedx

Banned
... You like... less options? You like that they removed every variant of CTF? No more settings for Infection? No Juggernaut, no Assault, no Invasion? You see that as an improvement?

I don't care about any of those gametypes, and I HATE ctf, only play it if party forces me.

I don't care about any of those gametypes, and I HATE ctf, only play it if party forces me.

Imagine if most of the playlists were CTF-based with one or two playlists that have fairly decent settings (only comparitively to the rest of the game).

A lot of Halo fans feel trapped.. caught in a loop of "damn if only some obvious changes/improvements were made then this game would be leagues better." Battered Halo fan syndrome.

Madness

Ideally they will find a way to embrace both the new and old to keep everyone happy, and stop forcing the new onto those who do not want it. They need to find a better balance, and not ignore certain parts of the franchise and fandom.

Except, the new aren't the types of fans that carry the game past a few months. You're literally seeing the largest exodus of Halo fans ever. Whether it's pro MLG players who've been playing for decades, fans on literally every forum. Sure they get an Ozzy type person, but even look at HaloGAF, you have like 10% of the posters here still say they play the game.

You don't even have to be Team Salt, even guys like Ghaleon have given up Halo and writing OT's, you have YouTube vloggers who have spent years and countless hours making videos give up etc.

Just look at the drop off. We're only 3+ months from launch. Wait till Gears drops and you'll see a lot more people move over, even if Gears is suffering the same problem.

I LITERALLY want to like halo 4. And yet I can't play more than 2-3 matches of infinity before I feel like breaking the disc in half. Doubles Pro is great, and I've had fun in team throwdown, but it's just not what I want.

I'm only one fan, a junior here, and it's looking like there is no place for me in a franchise I've also spent a decade playing. None of my friends, some who I made over xbl during the Halo 2 days still play this game. Instead of lurking I decided to join HaloGAF when I saw people were leaving Halo, didn't want to play this game anymore.

Look at the last page, you have guys who literally played halo 3 and even Reach for years and played everyday, turn down an opportunity to play this game.

When did halo go from being something fun you couldn't wait to play, to being a chore that you'd rather not play at all?

Jadedx

Banned
The fact of the matter is gamers bitch too much, When halo 2 came out people complained about the auto aim, smgs, regenerating health and paying for map packs, when halo 3 came out people complained about the drops, the matchmaking, the maps being to big, and the uneven battles. When Halo Reach came out gaf complained about it for reasons I did not bother to pay attention too, and now people are complaining about 4.

GrizzNKev

Banned
The fact of the matter is gamers bitch too much, When halo 2 came out people complained about the auto aim, smgs, regenerating health and paying for map packs, when halo 3 came out people complained about the drops, the matchmaking, the maps being to big, and the uneven battles. When Halo Reach came out gaf complained about it for reasons I did not bother to pay attention too, and now people are complaining about 4.

Wow what a revelation. I'll keep this in mind next time I want to complain about something I chose to spend my money on.

Tawpgun

Our complaints are invalid because people complained about stuff before. Oh ok I get it. The problems with the game are just in our head.

Top Bottom