• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Tunavi

Banned
The fact of the matter is gamers bitch too much, When halo 2 came out people complained about the auto aim, smgs, regenerating health and paying for map packs, when halo 3 came out people complained about the drops, the matchmaking, the maps being to big, and the uneven battles. When Halo Reach came out gaf complained about it for reasons I did not bother to pay attention too, and now people are complaining about 4.
I hate SMG starts in halo 2, but if you think I'm going to come on GAF to complain about it in 2013, you're insane.

The fact of the matter is gamers bitch too much, When halo 2 came out people complained about the auto aim, smgs, regenerating health and paying for map packs, when halo 3 came out people complained about the drops, the matchmaking, the maps being to big, and the uneven battles. When Halo Reach came out gaf complained about it for reasons I did not bother to pay attention too, and now people are complaining about 4.

You're right. There's no decline in population. Halo 4 is as popular as ever.

Sigh.

orznge

Banned

Team Downer has all but sapped my enthusiasm for the HaloGAF community with their constant, critical "discussion" of elements of Halo's design that are slightly deeper than surface level (stuff I don't want to hear about). I'd be all for a "beer and pretzels" gaming OT.

blamite

Will the maps be out within a few hours?

In theory I think they should go on sale in like 3 hours 15 minutes from now when the marketplace and playlists update but if it's anything like last time it'll be a few hours before Map pass or LE owners can get them for free*.

Tawpgun

Who here is buying the majestic map pack?
Got the season pass or whatever so I'll have it.

The maps look really solid and Braco already said dubs versions are going in, so we could expect Throwdown versions to be implemented also.

Yes, you cant always get what you want, if you don't like it, stop playing. Simple.

The problem is that there is an amazing game hidden within Halo 4. You can see evidence of that in Throwdown.

I think the difference between you and me (and others here) is that you buy a product, and it might have stuff you don't really like but whatever, deal with it. Whereas some of us here want to be vocal with what we think are issues in the game that need fixing. And it does work, as evidence from the boltshot nerf and Team Throwdown. I'm not going to let 343 get away with what I believe to be terrible decisions for the future of Halo, which is my favorite video game franchise. I want to let them know that I don't like some of the stuff they've done, and others should do the same because thats what feedback is and 343 takes it into account.

heckfu

Banned
Majestic are the three best maps in this game (as of now, just waiting to see the exploits). I'd highly, highly, highly recommend them.

Havok

I will be. They look solid from what we've been shown. Hope they expand their matchmaking integration from what they said in the bulletin, though - I don't see any reason why Team Objective wouldn't see a single one of them at launch.

orznge

Banned
Yes, you cant always get what you want, if you don't like it, stop playing. Simple.

Well I guess it's time to stop posting everybody we just got owned by the guy who has never discussed the design of or complained about a single thing ever in his entire life because he is the living embodiment of Voting With Your Wallet.

Order an iced tea; waiter brings you a malta; just be happy it's not piss.

9PpWt2g.png

Order an iced tea; waiter brings you a malta; just be happy it's not piss.

The heck you tryna say about malta..........._............

tumblr_kzhxmzvDxB1qboiiho1_400.gif

No.

Ive been viewing halogaf threads since before halo reach came out, you guys don't like anything, all you do is complain. Some complain about halo being outdated so 343 makes it more modern, then halogaf complains about it being too modern. I hope 343 people don't come in here looking for feeback, because no matter the changes, nothing will make you happy.

Oh nice, group everyone together and label all of us as haters.

I'd rather take the wrong drink without piss than the right one with piss.

..but what if some people like piss?

Jadedx

Banned
The idea that you are trying to stifle those that don't like something and want to voice their opinion is ridiculous.

Ive been viewing halogaf threads since before halo reach came out, you guys don't like anything, all you do is complain. Some complain about halo being outdated so 343 makes it more modern, then halogaf complains about it being too modern. I hope 343 people don't come in here looking for feeback, because no matter the changes, nothing will make you happy.

Karl2177

... So you just posted to stir up drama? It would be a different story if you posted a perspective on a game mechanic or something. I'm all for discussing the game while explaining and clarifying my perspective. Why don't you do the same?

Omni

People have complained that "Halo is too modern"??

orznge

Banned

You can't always get what you want, if you don't like it, stop lurking. Simple.

I didn't know people didn't like Reach until 4 came out. Even so, I don't remember people complaining about maps or gametypes. They complained about things like AAs.

Madness

So you came here to complain that others complain too much? And that what they complain about, isn't something you would complain about, because you wouldn't really complain at all and that because you wouldn't complain at all, everyone else shouldn't complain either?

If you don't like it, why do you read/post? Some posters here have posted in great detail of some of the problems with the game.

Everyone always complains, it's the nature of buying a product meant for mass consumption. Not everyone will like a game, product, movie, electronic device etc.

The problem here is, the MAJORITY of HaloGAF has a problem with Halo 4. Some of the most hard core and passionate fans of the series are complaining and abandoning the series. What does that say? Sure there are tons of people that enjoy the game, play it and write about it. But sadly, team Salt is being backed up with statistics and team slurp is slowly agreeing and turning into team Salt.

The problem here is, the MAJORITY of HaloGAF has a problem with Halo 4. Some of the most hard core and passionate fans of the series are complaining and abandoning the series. What does that say? Sure there are tons of people that enjoy the game, play it and write about it. But sadly, team Salt is being backed up with statistics and team slurp is slowly agreeing and turning into team Salt.
Exactly. I'll try the new maps, but I've gone back to Reach with 3 on the side.

HTupolev

I didn't know people didn't like Reach until 4 came out. Even so, I don't remember people complaining about maps or gametypes. They complained about things like AAs.

Oh, Reach's maps got plenty of hate. As did Invasion, from people who never experienced Sangheili Don't Surf (Invasion playlist does unfortunately suck; customs are amazing).

The Cage.
Cragmire
Spire.
Swordbase.
Zealot (with space).
Pinnacle.
Hemorrhage.
Paradiso.

Nope. Nothing wrong with the maps...

Nebula

So what you're saying is that you come to a gaming forum to not discuss games? Complaining is a part of discussion, it's something that tends to occur when people are not happy with the product they paid for. We were promised many things with Halo 4, and lots of us bought it based on those promises and didn't get what we thought we were buying. Now we're trying to change that, and if that comes with complaining then so be it.

I'm pretty sure you would be pissed off if your favourite franchise got altered drastically to the point that the core of the game has been completely altered into something unrecognizable, and incapable of providing the enjoyment it once did.

Also it's obvious you have been out of the thread for a while as Team Throwdown and the new map pack seem to be getting a large amount of praise here.

HTupolev

Perhaps. I am curious what would be considered superior from Halo 4, though.
Plenty of people here would say "Haven." Personally, I don't find it to be all that great, though I do think it's problems take a different form than the problems with the "piles of rocks" maps.

Seriously? Seriously? Each of those maps are leagues above any 4 map. Seriously.

Hyperbole.

Haven > The Cage. For example.
Exile > Hemorrhage (launch).

Even
Complex > Swordbase.

At least Complex works with a few gametypes...

Arguably the worst maps in H4 could be:
Complex, Rangnarok, Solace.

(I don't play BTB infinity)

Side note: I've never seen the word "hyperbole" used more than on this site. Weird.

Well.. I'm not an english native speaker.

I'm getting the new maps but I have the season pass.

If they don't do a 14 day free trial again (lol) playlist will probably be underpopulated. As long as I can get games I will be fine though.

Euro friendly timezone achievment boosting party anyone? Want to see how many people in Europe time zones want in before going for it.

Tawpgun

Haven is really good. Solace is alright.

The forge maps in dubs and throwdown are really good.

That's about it. I can TOLERATE abandon and adrift. But i'd rank maps like boardwalk, zealot, countdown, powerhouse and yes, even the cage above them.

Haven is really good. Solace is alright.

The forge maps in dubs and throwdown are really good.

That's about it. I can TOLERATE abandon and adrift. But i'd rank maps like boardwalk, zealot, countdown, powerhouse and yes, even the cage above them.

YES. Yes, yes, yes.

Rating forge maps above 343inaffinity's says a lot.

heckfu

Banned

Then clearly you've never read anything Heckfu has posted.

Nebula

It's a shame they brought forward the Reach voting system. It makes a playlist stale because people just vote the same map over and over, and if it is a decent map, it ends up becoming boring which makes me not want to play the game.

At least Halo 3 had variety thanks to it's voting system. 343 should get on that in Halo 5, or better yet, just put up one map, and that's what you have to play.

Also screw Infinity settings. I've had enough of playing games where people spam DMR from bases and then chain ordinance from there. It isn't fun for anyone if the majority of the players in the game are trying to camp after the initial rush, if that rush even occurs.

IHaveIce

Banned
Guys, now you're getting confused.

The cage was decent? WHAT THE FUCK. This shitty thing called map was unplayable in everyplaylit with armor abilities.
Had shitty spawns for Snipers or SWAT, you could just go spawnkilling till the end.

While I also don't like Halo 4's map pool, I have to say it is better than Reach's.

Worst maps in Halo 4 are Abandon and Complex, though being said Abandon just has shitty spawns, I don't have anything against the map layout.

Complex is only good for Spartan Ops.

Maybe Vortex would still be arguable for being one of the worst, but hey every btb map of Halo 4 is better than Halo Reach's

Edit: Also getting the maps today, Skyline looks awesome, Monolith looks good.
Landfall looks meh.

Redford

aka Cabbie
Reach and 4 are tied for maps. At least more than half the maps in Reach were actually designed, which is more than you can say for Complex or the BTB maps.

Waiting for this alleged second weapon-balance TU. (and I'm poor right now)

Sai-kun

Banned

HaloGAF is hardly a hive mind. Sure, there are things that 99% of us like, and things 99% of us dislike, but we all also have different things that we like about the game, and we all have things that we dislike. Talking like we're a collective entity is, frankly, dumb.

Top Bottom