• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT17| We Flew Out Members To Make This OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay I can finally view this thread. The last 3 pages were blocked for some reason lol.

So, FIFA and CoD at the reveal tomorrow. Microsoft is really going all out getting those big games. Imagine if FIFA was timed exclusive? OR had exclusive DLC on the Xbox Infinity?

CoD, FIFA, Forza Motorsports 5/Project Gotham Racing 5, and maybe a Halo game? Xbox Reveal is going to be amazing! Hype! If Halo 2 Anniversary is announced I'll scream in excitement!

kylej

Banned
I'm not feeling super hyped for the xbox thing tomorrow and I'm not sure why. Maybe cause I can't watch it live. I can't shake the feeling it'll be a whole lot of "we are the future of family entertainment, we want to be the center of your living room, we are working with cable companies, check out our netflix integration blah blah blah"

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I'm not feeling super hyped for the xbox thing tomorrow and I'm not sure why. Maybe cause I can't watch it live. I can't shake the feeling it'll be a whole lot of "we are the future of family entertainment, we want to be the center of your living room, we are working with cable companies, check out our netflix integration blah blah blah"

Funny thing most of that shit is US exclusive too. I remember one E3 sitting through 30 minutes of content that wasn't available in my country, not that I gave two shits about it.

They better not fuck this up with US-centric bullshit. Keep that shite for E3.

Arron (I think?) already said the reveal is all about games and exclusives, and so it E3. I expect another Xbox 360 approach, for the hardcore gamers for the first 4 years, and then the final 3 years for the casuals, only giving a few hardcore titles a year (Halo, Forza, Gears, New IP Franchise?)

willow ve

Its not a TU

Rebalance goes live on June 3rd.
Any reason the balance is still so far off? Just sticking to their schedule or did you get the impression they were going to tweak more after the stream?

I'm not excited either. Wouldn't be surprised if the reveal was 70% about entertainment and media/streaming partners, 20% Kinect 2.0 and 10% actual gaming talk.

I have learned not to get my hopes up for all things Microsoft.

image.php

and

image.php

kill me now.

Yeah, the 1 hour length, it being shown on Spike, all point to it being not as Game focused and GAF-feel good as the PS4 reveal, which is unfortunate.

Still, I hope Alan Wake 2 looks good. Roll on Bright Falls Season 2!

senador

Banned
Yeah, the 1 hour length, it being shown on Spike, all point to it being not as Game focused and GAF-feel good as the PS4 reveal, which is unfortunate.

Wasn't the PS4 reveal 2 hours and also on Spike?

Mix

Yeah, I've been liking Halo 4 more lately.
That's awesome! I'm looking forward to playing with you again!
Arron (I think?) already said the reveal is all about games and exclusives, and so it E3. I expect another Xbox 360 approach, for the hardcore gamers for the first 4 years, and then the final 3 years for the casuals, only giving a few hardcore titles a year (Halo, Forza, Gears, New IP Franchise?)
I'm pretty sure that when the event was announced they said that it was going to be more hardware focused and they would focus on games at E3. I don't know, I could be wrong.

I think I'm only just really excited because this is my first console launch where I actually care. I didn't really care much about the Wii or Xbox 360.

This time I'm actually stoked about the new generation of systems! :D

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I think I'm only just really excited because this is my first console launch where I actually care. I didn't really care much about the Wii or Xbox 360.

This time I'm actually stoked about the new generation of systems! :D
You were like seven when the last consoles were revealed.

willow ve

So with the event being on TV does that mean 43-47 minutes of content with ads every 7 minutes? (Ads sandwiched into content - sounds like the new dashboard!)

Pop

Microsoft has got to show something involving Halo tomorrow for next gen. Without Halo who would seriously own an xbox.

Fuchsdh

Keep it short and sweet, makes sense. As for games I have no doubt it'll be light on that score, and that's fine by me. E3 isn't far away and if that's the venue Microsoft wants to throw down at for gaming, fine by me.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Eww 1 hr. Ugh

And yea there actually was some that we influenced. I'm not sure if I can say what but Ghostayame found something and then we made a case to Quinn. Quinn told us it was something he was messing around with but that it would be good for June 3rd.

Quinn is really cool btw.

Pop

All the people who bought one because their friends played Call of Duty on it.
CoD is multi-platform

Probably a lot of people.
SO Vague

You laugh now...

We all sit here and hope H5 brings Halo back to it's roots but let's be real. Let's spend $400 on a console in hopes the next halo title will be great and less gimmicky. I know I only own an xbox cause of the Halo franchise and the way things are going with it, I'm not excited at all. I look forward to tomorrows event but not so much for Kinect 2.0 or ads littering my dashboard.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
CoD is multi-platform

SO Vague

You laugh now...

We all sit here and hope H5 brings Halo back to it's roots but let's be real. Let's spend $400 on a console in hopes the next halo title will be great and less gimmicky. I know I only own an xbox cause of the Halo franchise and the way things are going with it, I'm not excited at all. I look forward to tomorrows event but not so much for Kinect 2.0 or ads littering my dashboard.
I don't own an Xbox just for Halo.

CoD is multi-platform

SO Vague

You laugh now...

I'm not buying an Xbox for Halo.

Pop

Wooooooo Kinect 2.0 standard for every console

"Xbox, open up Pizza Hut App"

"Now order me a pizza"

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
If it weren't for Halo I probably wouldn't own an Xbox. Xbox has become the Halo machine for me, more now than ever. Well, the controller is pretty great too.

For me (and this looks to be changing with the PS4, which is great news) I have an Xbox for the overall social aspects. Private chat, friends on the system, etc. Also I've never liked the Dualshock for games and the Xbox controller is near perfect.

I think next gen the time/games will become much more evenly split because of Sony's changes but I'll still own both. There's always exclusives to have and games that work best on one system over the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom