• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT17| We Flew Out Members To Make This OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghazi

tepee or not tepee?

piDFtv5.jpg
Please tell me you saw my Beamish photoshops.

I was speaking to Ghost about this the other day. super hyped to watch these old matches.

Also have been getting reports of Onyx being busted and glitched in MM for some. Happened in the conversion. will let people know when it can be fixed.

Oh haha I thought it just had a funky minimalistic design to it.

Subscribed and ready to jump back into versus June 3rd.

Until then, I'm making do with the occasional Spartan Ops missions with randoms.

Nice OP btw. Its been a while since I've been able to read a HaloGAF OP and easily catch up on all the changes and tweaks being made. Thanks. Seriously.

LTTP, great OP OddOne, much respect and it's very classy and informative. Jokes aside everything an OT should be in my opinion. I'd like more OP's created like this please.

Now what are you all doing typing here? Go and play BTB slayer pro. I had a number of games last night with my regular team and this is classic Halo brought back to life!

NO AA's and set loadouts similar to Reach loadouts. Essentially choose your poison between 4 clean loadouts and NO plasma pistol in loadouts, no stickies in loadouts, resupply active etc. There is no radar, which isn't my usual tastes, but I had huge amounts of fun and nostalgia almost fogged up my Gunnars.

The games flowed without personal ordnance and JiP did its work during menu dropouts and only very early starts to re-balance the teams from quitters etc.

Vehicles ARE BACK!!! Yes vehicles are god-tier and taking them down is fun with teamwork usually required on that front. The damage and feel of the game was just that extra notch above the layers of work 343i have been rolling out these last months. It feels like the polish and testing has produce the best multiplayer fruit yet.

Honestly aside from personal tweaks to get a little more default in this pro variant this is some of the most BTB fun I've had. While I enjoy Infinity in the mix slayer pro was voted for plenty.

GET INTO IT NOW! You will not be disappointed.

I have about 3 films worth rendering from slayer pro and I'll capture these tonight and post some light notes along with the films. Some classic Halo BTB gameplay for sure.

LTTP, great OP OddOne, much respect and it's very classy and informative. Jokes aside everything an OT should be in my opinion. I'd like more OP's created like this please.

Now what are you all doing typing here? Go and play BTB slayer pro. I had a number of games last night with my regular team and this is classic Halo brought back to life! NO AA's and set loadouts similar to Reach loadouts. Essentially choose your poison between 4 clean loadouts and NO plasma pistol in loadouts, no stickies in loadouts, resupply active etc.

There is no radar, which isn't my usual tastes, but I had huge amounts of fun and nostalgia almost fogged up my Gunnars.

The games flowed without personal ordnance and JiP did its work during menu dropouts and only very early starts to re-balance the teams from quitters etc.

Vehicles ARE BACK!!! Yes vehicles are god-tier and taking them down is fun with teamwork usually required on that front. The damage and feel of the game was just that extra notch above the layers of work 343i have been rolling out these last months. It feels like the polish and testing has produce the best multiplayer fruit yet.

Honestly aside from personal tweaks to get a little more default in this pro variant this is some of the most BTB fun I've had. While I enjoy Infinity in the mix slayer pro was voted for plenty.

I have about 3 films worth rendering from slayer pro and I'll capture these tonight and post some light notes along with the films. Some classic Halo BTB gameplay for sure.

No thanks.

Striker

Classic Halo gameplay just because awful loadouts were erased? Sounds like Reach's BTB without jetpack and camo. Everybody mostly used sprint anyways and nobody started with anything other than DMR/Mag.

I've had nothing but a good time with Halo 4 multi, and am looking forward to jumping back in, but I *did* miss the red Xs and thought the DMR was too perfect for use in all situations. So most of the tweaks are all good.

Wish the boltshot and active camo were getting serious nerfs though.

No thanks.

I sincerely hope you are joking and I'm just not reading the tone correctly.

Classic Halo gameplay just because awful loadouts were erased? Sounds like Reach's BTB without jetpack and camo. Everybody mostly used sprint anyways and nobody started with anything other than DMR/Mag.

Actually weapons spawn on map, grenades pickup, no AA's, equal starts, basically no cheap or random Infinity style elements with a return to very solid vehicles or team tactics.

I'd love objective and radar to be added to this mix or form a new variant to vote for but this slayer pro goes beyond simple loadouts it really does create a flowing classic game.

I've had nothing but a good time with Halo 4 multi, and am looking forward to jumping back in, but I *did* miss the red Xs and thought the DMR was too perfect for use in all situations. So most of the tweaks are all good.

Wish the boltshot and active camo were getting serious nerfs though.

Me too, I enjoy Halo 4 mm but I have my gripes too. This slayer pro is an excellent addition to vote for and I'm hoping to get some hands on in a number of playlists too.

Classic halo is BTB now?

Yes it is one element of a classic Halo. It's always been part of the Halo titles and in the slayer pro variant it is very much classic BTB. If they had CTF to BTB/slayer pro then we will really have a number of classic playlist/voting options.

I honestly don't get the salt and I wonder how many comments like these are made without even checking the variant settings out first hand. Less salt more excitement. The hardcore, the regular teams and vehicle fans will seriously enjoy slayer pro.

77 to 150 to get Noble 1 armors, damn long path.

Anyone knows if the console stream will be good to see? My pc kinda sucks to watch streams.

Pop

Actually weapons spawn on map, grenades pickup, no AA's, equal starts, basically no cheap or random Infinity style elements with a return to very solid vehicles or team tactics.

I'd love objective and radar to be added to this mix or form a new variant to vote for but this slayer pro goes beyond simple loadouts it really does create a flowing classic game.

Now that only took them 8 months or so. So how much longer for actual team play playlist to get that kind of treatment. or ranks in game

Now that only took them 8 months or so. So how much longer for actual team play playlist to get that kind of treatment. or ranks in game

How about we learn to enjoy the good things? Honestly why shit on what is a great setting? I just don't understand HaloGAF sometimes, pessimism does not sit well with me. Here's a great playlist variant with classic play, I'd like to enjoy this for one post at least.
Fuck me some of you are some salty motherfuckers aren't you?

IHaveIce

Banned
Forgotten too small for the playlist IMO
Onyx bugged
Elevated disliked since testing custom
Ender too rare :(

Confined snipers...aka binary domination

:( shame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom