• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

pit is so brown.

is there a post with all the info from the panel?

2 New Maps
Pitfall - Brown pit remake has a drop down hatch in the sword room and a grav lift to sword corridor at OS spawn, Can both be blocked in forge
Vertigo - Not much is know about the map, tropical back drop, map has a button which you shoot and it EMP's the field knocking all Spartan's shields off

4 New Armor Sets
ODST
Mark V
Perfect (?)
Ricochet (Champions and The Bullseye bundles only, looks like American Football inspired)

New weapons skins
Steampunk Bundle for all loadout weapons
Champions Bundle only skins for human loadout weapons

New Poses and Skins
5(?) new poses
1(maybe more) new skins

New Gametypes
Ricochet (uses the oddball gametype as a base players can run the ball into the goal or throw it in, throwing nets 10(?) points running it in for a touchdown nets 50 points. 2 week DLC exclusive open for all after that period.

Distribution methods
Champions bundle 800msp (everything + a few bonuses)
The Bullseye Pack 480msp (maps + ricochet armor)
Infinity Armor Pack 240 msp (ODST, Mark V and Perfect armor)
Steel Skin Pack 240msp (steampunk loadout skins)

no it is just aesthetic armor perm.

I was talking about the previous confusion with no ODST in Halo 4. When we initially learned of the S:IV's it sounded like all ODST had been adopted into the fold. Is it like that or do the ODST still remain part of the UNSC forces.

TL:DR when is ODST 2 due for release.

TheOddOne

spartans are gmos and odsts are the people at farmer's market
image.php

My least favorite avatar, Ken. I want ponies.

Karl2177

I dunno how to react to the news. Jetpacks aren't going to be good for the Pit, but even worse is Camo. The towers aren't going to be fun to attack...

As for map actions, things that damage other players aren't great. Route altering actions are much more beneficial.

You and I need to do some co-op drinking and Halo-ing sometime.

omg yes

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Anyone going to be on Halo 4 later? I want to try out a map I made using the Mongoose and Forklift gametype that Synth from Se7ensins made.

Mix

lol I'm not a dad, I don't know where this came from at all. Y'all are right though, being at a panel for your favorite game is really awesome :3

But seriously, I'm not a dad...

Madness

Literally at dinner tonight the waiter commented on my baby face after asking for my ID.

How do you facial hair-less plebeians live life?

Lol, when I shave, I get carded all the time because I look like a 15 year old, but if I grow a beard, I look like a 40 year old. Imagine getting asked if your dad, who is nearly 30+ years older, is your brother lol.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I got carded today. Which is like carding the Knight from Indiana Jones and the last crusade.

you carded... Poorly.

Ghazi

Did Frankie say something about cards? Yu-Gi-Oh cards?

Frankie to fan who asked about glitched warthog: "You've activated my trap card"

Fotos

Just remembered the panel was today. Everything looks awesome.

I like how Pitfall is they exact same thing as the Pit but all worn down. The colors of the walls and everything are the same but dirtier.

Can't wait till August 20th. Splinter Cell: Black List (Maybe Saints Row 4) at midnight and this new pack.

halo2_tombstonegallery.jpg

I just realized how much this looks like last-gen Borderlands, holy hell.

Also: fun to know Halo 4 is Halo 2 + Reach through and through. Halo 2's level of post-release content but with Reach's level of quality.

Madness

Fuck, nearly got my head taken off by a practice kick by these Whitecaps players. First 'soccer' game I've ever watched live. Let's see why the euro peeps and heckfu go crazy over this sport lol.

Edit: why call opposing players 'wankers' as their name is announced?

Fuchsdh

Haha you guys, I was at the panel, it was exciting if anything to see everyone else getting excited

Actually that was a really fun moment watching along on the stream and hearing everyone else's sudden recognition at what they were seeing. A lot of fun.

The Pit is definitely less saturated than I'd like but it's also clearly not totally brown and grey. Love the color in Vertigo, such that it is. And interactivity of any kind in maps is great, although as stated assym maps sort of scream for route defense/openings.

Apply Juicy to Halo 5!

Nebula

So I was on a Family Gold Pack membership which just ran out. I was hoping it would auto renew, but it didn't. I'm stuck without live until late tomorrow night which isn't great. Anyone got a 48 hour?

Fuchsdh

I've seen "Hire juices" posted so many times in Halo threads lately that I thought that's what you meant by this

True fact: For a moment reading my quote, I thought the same thing.

Frank: Can you at least give a silent nod or headshake as to whether we'll be seeing Legendary Slayer come the August drop of the new maps?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
True fact: For a moment reading my quote, I thought the same thing.

Frank: Can you at least give a silent nod or headshake as to whether we'll be seeing Legendary Slayer come the August drop of the new maps?
legendary slayer comes out before maps. This was stated clearly on panel. Srs. Deets shortly.

Top Bottom