• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl2177

Also, Cyren. Let me know when your shitty site actually does something for the Halo community aside from create nerd drama. Maybe you guys could produce original content instead of regurgitating stuff from OddOne and whatever angsty Gandhi decides is his rant of the day. Also, I can't emphasize how stupid it is to link people to your site, only to redirect them to where the actual news is.

Is anyone else just... Not excited for Destiny at all? I just can't feel the love for this one.

It's one of my top 3 most anticipated games. I love the huge open world where you can play at your own pace and I know the gameplay will be solid because it's Bungie. I'm just waiting for competitive multiplayer info before I get really hyped.

Republic Commando guy as creative director?

Halo 5 pulls an Arby and let's you take control of a squad of Spartans for some tacticalness RepCom style in a covert mission to infiltrate the Storm arm of the Covenant to rescue Halsey without the consent or knowledge of ONI/UNSC. Tom Lasky is your leader in control of this OPERATION SLIVER. You periodically cut to playing as Chief as he works his way across the universe in search of his new purpose and discovering lost secrets of a dark civilization, eventually finding a way to bring back Cortana - but it may cost him his life. He is the last hope for both humanity and Cortana. Is he the machine property of the UNSC? Or a person in control of his own Destiny? Can he make that choice? Find out on the next exciting episode of Halo One
Z

Sofa King

Is anyone else just... Not excited for Destiny at all? I just can't feel the love for this one.
My excitement was sky high at one point, but the more I see (or maybe the same stuff I see over and over) I can't help but feel something lacking. I have trust that Bungie will bring it, but I worry that it isn't all coming together like they had hoped.

Having preorders go live in February, I think they were on track for an early 2014 release, and now with it pushing into September it gives me a bad feeling. Maybe it is install base for next gen, maybe it is hype level problems (going head to head with the most hyped game of the year). It really feels like it wasn't there yet and my belief in Bungie is that they deliver a top notch game. If September comes and they don't deliver I will be bummed.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Lol, whenever Blue Team threw the ball out of the court, I was outside and threw it back in.

The map really needs killzones around the attacker base and over the wall of the court, so the ball gets reset immediately.

Fuchsdh

Lol, whenever Blue Team threw the ball out of the court, I was outside and threw it back in.

The map really needs killzones around the attacker base and over the wall of the court, so the ball gets reset immediately.

I thought I put one to stop you guys from getting out -.-

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
I thought I put one to stop you guys from getting out -.-

I think it's not possible to go on top the base, but it's still possible to get out from the sides.

EDIT: If Invasion is ever made, someone should make a map where you have to jump from the islands into the ocean then get teleported into an underwater area.

Fuchsdh

gg's, everyone.

Gabo: gametypes worked fine, probably had too many people for FFA to be comfortable though--seems like they're 6 players or less as best fit.

If you have any feedback about Sumo, Z-Fighting 2 or Paintball you can tweet it to Pete the duck.

PGnHiK2.png

afGlDRN.gif

While watching the trailer, I was REALLY fucking pumped and hyped for the first 20 seconds, it was just perfect. Was smiling in excitement, and then my smile, hype, and excitement all died the moment the game footage actually started showing. The graphics. :( I mean... it's not bad for a team of 4 players, but... ugh. I really hope the gameplay is a ton of fun, and is fun enough to make me ignore how ugly the game looks. Game definitely has potential, gameplay and the foundation for the game has so much potential.

EDIT: Anyone have an HD link? Maybe the video I saw was just in bad quality.

Opinion better stated without the 140 character limit. :)

Graphics are a big thing to me, I don't want perfect, highest quality graphics, if I did I would have upgraded my PC instead of buying a PS4 and Xbox One, but I DO want graphics to be nice to look at. They aren't everything though, and I know that, and I'm fine with playing a game if the gameplay is good enough. I'll give No Man's Sky my full attention, because as of know, it looks incredibly fun and ambitious.

Also, the indie's in general comment was based off games like Minecraft, Terraria, Super Meat Boy, etc all not looking that great, but I still love them anyways, because they're fun to play. :)

FYC

Banned
gg's, everyone.

Gabo: gametypes worked fine, probably had too many people for FFA to be comfortable though--seems like they're 6 players or less as best fit.

If you have any feedback about Sumo, Z-Fighting 2 or Paintball you can tweet it to Pete the duck.

Customs were awesome. I guess I should get the last map pack I'm missing sometime.

jesus christ.

I thought those were 2 separate statements in the same post and then I read it and saw they literally went right next to each other

Okay, I don't want this (or better yet, I don't care about getting this)
(Battlefield 4 PC)
I'm okay with this
(Battlefield 4 PS4)

But I want more than this:

I want my graphics to be good enough that I can actually feel immersed into my games. I will admit I got that screen from a quick and dirty Bing Image Search, and there wasn't much to pick from, so that screen isn't exactly a fair comparison for No Man's Sky.

Also, Cyren. Let me know when your shitty site actually does something for the Halo community aside from create nerd drama. Maybe you guys could produce original content instead of regurgitating stuff from OddOne and whatever angsty Gandhi decides is his rant of the day. Also, I can't emphasize how stupid it is to link people to your site, only to redirect them to where the actual news is.

Ether, that shit that make your soul burn slow

CyReN

We do produce original articles and videos, there's no need for me to post them since it won't prove anything.

I don't see the point of linking the bulletin article, would you give Wu or Biggy crap for that? Probably not. Props for trying to stick up for your friend though.

TCKaos

Got 27 kills while the rest of my team got a combined 9 kills and over 50 deaths. This is after having not played for nearly three months.

So Truskill works.

GrizzNKev

Banned
(Battlefield 4 PC)
I'm okay with this
(Battlefield 4 PS4)

I want my graphics to be good enough that I can actually feel immersed into my games. I will admit I got that screen from a quick and dirty Bing Image Search, and there wasn't much to pick from, so that screen isn't exactly a fair comparison for No Man's Sky.

Okay, then go give them $100,000,000 and a team of 200 employees, and 2 more years to work on the game.

Better yet, go play SM64 and call it shit because it's ugly.

Go.

Now.

heckfu

Banned
(Battlefield 4 PC)
I'm okay with this
(Battlefield 4 PS4)

I just don't understand how you say that graphics are a big deal to you and then IMMEDIATELY follow it up with 'i don't want perfect graphics'. It's the whole 'good enough' mentality that allows developers to not put their all into something.

It's ok to admit when you're wrong, I do it all the time.

Ora

Banned
I just don't understand how you say that graphics are a big deal to you and then IMMEDIATELY follow it up with 'i don't want perfect graphics'. It's the whole 'good enough' mentality that allows developers to not put their all into something.

It's ok to admit when you're wrong, I do it all the time.

I like you.

I'm getting into this thread and read Speedy's post. What the actual fuck? Fuckin' spoiled graphic kid.

No Man's Sky is developed by 4 guys. Do you know how many that is? 4. Yes. Math. Counting stuff. 1, 2, 3, 4. 4 people! How many are you? You are one. 1. What have you created? You did not even create 1/100 of a game what those 4 guys did. And graphics aren't great?

The art style is incredible. Have you seen that GameTrailer still for the trailer? Maybe it's because I'm getting old, but goddamnit I thought it had been a concept art at first. But voila it turned out to be in-engine/game footage. Seriously how the fuck does this not look impressive? Especially under the aspect that this is a game by 4 people who do not have the financial resources like a middleware game title.

So yeah. Your opinion is shit. Total shit. Indie game looks like so damn awful? Seriously? SERIOUSLY? Do you even know that these people are sacrificing their own time, their own money for creating a game idea they had in their mind?

How many times have you thought "Oh my gosh, those are the best game ideas ever. Someone should make those! I mean, those are the best ideas ever, I should send them to a game studio. They will realise them! They would be idiots if not!"? Unlike you, those indie game devs have the balls to fuckin' realise their ideas.

I'm getting into this thread and read Speedy's post. What the actual fuck? Fuckin' spoiled graphic kid.

No Man's Sky is developed by 4 guys. Do you know how many that is? 4. Yes. Math. Counting stuff. 1, 2, 3, 4. 4 people! How many are you? You are one. 1. What have you created? You did not even create 1/100 of a game what those 4 guys did. And graphics aren't great?

The art style is incredible. Have you seen that GameTrailer still for the trailer? Maybe it's because I'm getting old, but goddamnit I thought it had been a concept art at first. But voila it turned out to be in-engine/game footage. Seriously how the fuck does this not look impressive? Especially under the aspect that this is a game by 4 people who do not have the financial resources like a middleware game title.

So yeah. Your opinion is shit. Total shit. Indie game looks like so damn awful? Seriously? SERIOUSLY? Do you even know that these people are sacrificing their own time, their own money for creating a game idea they had in their mind?

How many times have you thought "Oh my gosh, those are the best game ideas ever. Someone should make those! I mean, those are the best ideas ever, I should send them to a game studio. They will realise them! They would be idiots if not!"? Unlike you, those indie game devs have the balls to fuckin' realise their ideas.

shhhhhhhhhh only dreams now

IHaveIce

Banned
The game sounds so overambitious, not sure if they really can nail that and also don't make the world feel empty and boring.

I'm not sold on it, neither am I sold on Destiny.

How did Bungie became so terrible with trailers

4 people made No Man's Sky?
-speechless-

It looks like they are close to it or already in beta.

I don't give a shit about graphics.
Seeing that gameplay and art design within an open world like that blows my mind.
Also thought Destiny would be focusing on similar gameplay/open-world.

Destiny looks very mobile (kinda like ME 2/3) + ADS & Space Magic.

No man's sky is potentially a whole new kind of beast on its own unique style.

lmfao what did I miss tonight.. CrYeN and Tashit, hug it out. Karl, go home. Ramirez, get a haircut. Wahrer, meet up with Scorpion at the Shake Shack. heckfu, you're never wrong; only passionate. Speedy who? Get fuckin shit on HelloKittyGAF.

Sit down Ex, I got this.
DropsMic2.gif

Did they reveal Combat Evolved 2 with the CE Pistol tonight?

Akai__

Quoted, because it's true.

GSO Speedy

(Battlefield 4 PC)
I'm okay with this
(Battlefield 4 PS4)

So basically anything with blue and orange and a "realistic" art style.

*yawn*

Ataxia

Do many people still play Halo 4 and is it worth picking up a copy still? EB games is having a massive online sale here in Australia and if BF4 is $48 (less than half price), Halo 4 should be pretty damn cheap considering how old it is.

FYC

Banned
It's around 15-20k usually.

Also, I'm not sure any DLC / the GOTY edition is worth it. I think I'm only missing one map pack but finding a DLC map in matchmaking is near impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom