• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Bungie sold me on the universe of Destiny on day one. They just need to some worth while gameplay. Maybe E3 2014.

Bungie sold me on the universe of Destiny on day one. They just need to some worth while gameplay. Maybe E3 2014.

Yeah, I was thinking the exact same thing during that trailer.
The environment is beautiful, but we've known that since the unveil.. It's really about time they start showing interesting gameplay.
...But I'm not sure how much we'll be seeing anytime soon since they delayed release by half a year.. =\

How many times do you think Bungie can continue you to show us the same exact footage in every new trailer. Literally every trailer shows the same exact footage.

Music was good though, and the few new gameplay clips were cool looking.

I thought it was just me. Every time I get all excited to see something new on this game I get a bunch of recycled shit. Maybe new screens but stuff we have seen already. Makes me wonder with the delay where they really are on this game.

Mace Griffin

Neo Member
Well, if I'm not mistakened, Frankie said In-game ranks created a bad habit in selling accounts to people who wanted those Lvl 50 General ranks back in H3.

So 343's solution to implent the CSR was to be only visible through Waypoint.

In theory, DOTA's MMR update would fill the gap in between CSR and In-game ranks for online MM.

Edit: if by odd towards Dota's update than my mistake on the assumption haha

Who cares if a few hundred insecure kids buy a level 50 account, really? What a load of nonsense that reasoning is/was. Even if a small percentage of the player base manipulate the system to gain artificially high ranks that does not negate the value of the system. Rather than scrapping the system it would make much more sense to fix the flaws in the system.

I think it is more likely that removing the competitive ranks was part of a wider plan of general dumbing down inspired by the success of CoD and a narrow focus on the bottom line over anything else including the quality of the end product.

Fracas

#fuckonami
No Man's Sky looks incredible, as does Double Fine's game. Joel doing the Banderas was excellent.

Other than that it was a waste. I wonder if GTA V XB1/PS4 will be announced at the end of the concert. The whole Rockstar team is apparently there.

Mace Griffin

Neo Member
I still can't feel excitement watching anything related to Destiny. It just looks way too uninspired and...boring. I'll probably get it because it's supposed to be a pretty big thing, but overall I'm pretty indifferent toward it. Sorry, Bungie.

Still holding out hope for something related to Halo during VGX.

I agree with you. The world looks interesting however the gameplay mechanics look incredibly boring and generic. More CoD style aim down sights, painfully slow base movement and restrictive sprint mechanic. Boring, no thanks.

No Man's Sky looks incredible, as does Double Fine's game. Joel doing the Banderas was excellent.

Other than that it was a waste. I wonder if GTA V XB1/PS4 will be announced at the end of the concert. The whole Rockstar team is apparently there.

Hopefully they do the 10$ upgrade if that happens, cause I'm not double dipping.

This rapping makes me want to cut off my ears. Not as bad as the rapping from the H4GC.

I've had it muted, lol. I like rap, but based off the show I would assume it was not very good.

It had some ok instrumental interlude stuff, but the rap itself was, frankly, shit.

it's still going...
geeeofofofryfun.gif

Fuchsdh

reversebanderas.gif

It's encouraging to see people talking in the chat about wanting to see Halo 5. People haven't completely given up on the series yet.

What's your definition of give up on the series, exactly?

I'm sure Halo 5 will sell millions and they'll be tons of people who are happy with it for the month they play it until the next game comes out.

Our expectations and needs as fans who primarily play the series or treat it as our go-to game are very different from the people who pick up and drop games. We the hardcore fans are a minority of the multiplayer population, itself a minority segment of the entire gameplaying population. Halo hasn't ever been a niche franchise catering to a certain segment.

I love that the Josh Holmes handicapped Spartan graphic was slapped in there again for extra TMZ Value. Classic.

edit: LOL that gif is amazing. "8 years old Dude"

Don't talk down to our site like that, I know you're trying really hard to get a job with tweeting 343 employee on a daily basis but that was a real issue.

I think it's fair criticism of Beyond, Ray. I'm not saying it wasn't an issue, I saw people's reaction to it even though I did not have the same reaction. But it was a long time ago, and to make that connection, to start that rumor, reminds me of TMZ. That's all.

And again if you don't like my tweets just unfollow me bro.

I think it's fair criticism against Josh, let's not pretend it was years ago now. I wish him luck (JH) with his new role at 343 Industries, but I'm very excited to see someone else at the helm to hopefully steer Halo in the right direction for Halo 5.

Always nice to see banned members find a new home.
Didn't Josh retweet WheelchairChief from someone else and not made by himself?

He did apologized for offending people.

If it's the truth or perhaps a rumor, than imo, it should be mentioned to inform anyone who'd like to know what did or could've happened but not for the sake of spreading rumors to gain views.

I can understand Tashi defending Josh's Rep.
It was a controversy. Stuff happens.

Beyond is the neglected stepchild of The Halo Council. who killed their step parent
You have your opinions on behalf of 343's handling of Halo... but ever since you came back you resumed posting cheap shots at the Devs. That type of habit will definitely get you banned again here. Not saying you will but I don't like seeing fellow members get banned or perm'd on Gaf.

What's your definition of give up on the series, exactly?

I'm sure Halo 5 will sell millions and they'll be tons of people who are happy with it for the month they play it until the next game comes out.

Our expectations and needs as fans who primarily play the series or treat it as our go-to game are very different from the people who pick up and drop games. We the hardcore fans are a minority of the multiplayer population, itself a minority segment of the entire gameplaying population. Halo hasn't ever been a niche franchise catering to a certain segment.

People stop talking about it is the definition of a dead series to me. Even casual fans know that Halo 4 sucked. I see it on a bunch of facebook page comments that "343 sux, bring back Bungie". But people are still excited about the next game.

Fuchsdh

People stop talking about it is the definition of a dead series to me. Even casual fans know that Halo 4 sucked. I see it on a bunch of facebook page comments that "343 sux, bring back Bungie". But people are still excited about the next game.

That's fair. I guess it's hard to figure out what "the plebes" think inside our bubble.

Customs commencing shortly... get online peeps.

wwm0nkey

So we are all going to claim a planet as our own right?

Actually since this is a MMO like (or just flat out MMO) I wonder what type of emergent gameplay it could have.

Ramirez

How can a indie dev with 4 people have a more ambitious game than Bungie? So, in Destiny, you have a ship, but no, you can't fly it. What's the fucking point then?

So we are all going to claim a planet as our own right?

Actually since this is a MMO like (or just flat out MMO) I wonder what type of emergent gameplay it could have.

:eek:

:O

Planet Wahrer will be a sight to behold. Trespassers must convert to Gauntletology or face permanent imprisonment in the Diddle Chamber.

How can a indie dev with 4 people have a more ambitious game than Bungie? So, in Destiny, you have a ship, but no, you can't fly it. What's the fucking point then?

Hopefully No Man's Sky gains some traction and it forces Bungie to release something that's not the same thing we've been seeing since E3.

Ramirez

Yup.

I don't know if that's true.

Pretty sure they've already confirmed it, if you notice, every trailer just shows the ship taking off/landing.

As usual, I'm right.

"We’re not making a space sim where you're flying through the stars," he explained. "We’re making a first person shooter. So the primary way you’ll get around the world is on foot as a first person shooter, then space travel is a cool way for you to customise your ship and get around.

"You can see the ship when you arrive in public spaces and they sort of herald your arrival. You can upgrade them, but they’re also the way that you’re moving around in the story and they’re primarily that story vehicle to get you from Earth to the Moon, then Venus or Mars."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/31/destiny-devs-talk-space-travel-pc-and-microtransactions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom