• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistel

Banned
It's around 15-20k usually.

Also, I'm not sure any DLC / the GOTY edition is worth it. I think I'm only missing one map pack but finding a DLC map in matchmaking is near impossible.

I've got all the map pack and playing btb i've seen no dlc maps since march.

This might not be the case with all playlists but I've been using greater population higher chance of dlc shame it isn't as well integrated as halo 3 was with the dlc.

Striker

Is anyone else just... Not excited for Destiny at all? I just can't feel the love for this one.
It's the only game I'm excited for on the new consoles. It getting delayed is fine since I wasn't really wanting to buy a PS4 right away, and now I won't have to until the summer.

I've got all the map pack and playing btb i've seen no dlc maps since march.

This might not be the case with all playlists but I've been using greater population higher chance of dlc shame it isn't as well integrated as halo 3 was with the dlc.
The playlists would be 100 people if they did DLC like Halo 3. They won't go back to the Halo 2 version where they went free 2-3 months after release, so whatever. It's a ripoff and they'll continue doing what they please.

TheOddOne

:lol speedy.

jbnoBcHMVhwhb0.jpg

jNoogLKvULbbl.jpg

jbdRpWQtC3qkaR.jpg

jbfxsgm0R1XGrm.jpg

jPUIF7jX6xj1G.jpg

jTlGQDSQDS8xU.jpg

I think it looks cool and I have to say Halo has generally looked subpar but had a better aesthetic than most games too.

Aesthetic is more important than graphics to me.

Destiny is still doing nothing for me.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
That fallen space ship is straight up from some concept art I've seen. Either Destiny or H4 Sparth art. Can't recall.

m23

VGX was pathetic apart from two indie titles. Broken Age and No Man's Sky stole the show. Destiny trailer deflated my hype moreso than create hype, Quantum Break footage had like 6 seconds of new footage (looked good though), and Titanfall stuff was overhyped (second trailer was pretty good though).

gg's, everyone.

Gabo: gametypes worked fine, probably had too many people for FFA to be comfortable though--seems like they're 6 players or less as best fit.

If you have any feedback about Sumo, Z-Fighting 2 or Paintball you can tweet it to Pete the duck.

That's good to hear and yeah, 6-7 players is best for games like Hotshot, Power Slayer and Cranked. Remember I enabled team options for these gametypes so you can play them with teams ;)

The art style is incredible. Have you seen that GameTrailer still for the trailer? Maybe it's because I'm getting old, but goddamnit I thought it had been a concept art at first. But voila it turned out to be in-engine/game footage. Seriously how the fuck does this not look impressive? Especially under the aspect that this is a game by 4 people who do not have the financial resources like a middleware game title.

Exactly. It's the only game in a long time that actually has some sort of saturation to their colors. In terms of graphics, as long as it doesn't make me motion sick after playing long lengths (i.e. Super Mario 64 as much as I love that game), I'm fine with it. I also love the idea of a persistant open-world universe. I WILL be picking up this game.

Fuchsdh

How did Bungie became so terrible with trailers
I dunno, but you're right I think. The last really good one I can remember was the "meet the team" ODST one. I remember the Reach launch trailer being sloppily edited, and this Destiny one didn't have any kind of arc or rising action to it.
Sigh...

That's good to hear and yeah, 6-7 players is best for games like Hotshot, Power Slayer and Cranked. Remember I enabled team options for these gametypes so you can play them with teams ;)

Didn't remember, will remember next time :)

Yeah that was pretty good for an awesome/freakout moment, exwife.

And on the exact opposite was the round right before that when Wahrer(?) was driving me back and I hit a branch about three feet from the target zone and died because I had such low health. What a deflating moment.

IHaveIce

Banned
We might have to go into cryo sleep for this one.
Oh god I hope not, please no stupid gamecover reveal.
I dunno, but you're right I think. The last really good one I can remember was the "meet the team" ODST one. I remember the Reach launch trailer being sloppily edited, and this Destiny one didn't have any kind of arc or rising action
Yep, though the first Reach Reveal was also still ok, but Desperate Measures ODST was the last really good game trailer (their liveaction ones all were super)

The Destiny trailers all feel the same and none gets me remotely excited for the game.

Yeah that was pretty good for an awesome/freakout moment, exwife.

And on the exact opposite was the round right before that when Wahrer(?) was driving me back and I hit a branch about three feet from the target zone and died because I had such low health. What a deflating moment.

Yeah it was me. You somehow disemboweled yourself on a shrub. :lol

Also, to those saying bungle sux at trailers - see the BUNGLE PRO trailers and the Reach Beta trailer.

The game sounds so overambitious, not sure if they really can nail that and also don't make the world feel empty and boring.

I'm not sold on it, neither am I sold on Destiny.

How did Bungie became so terrible with trailers

I feel like that is always what happens with open world and procedurally generated content. For such a small studio it seems impressive though. Time will tell.

I feel like that is always what happens with open world and procedurally generated content. For such a small studio it seems impressive though. Time will tell.

I think part of the problem is that in the past, a lot of the procedurally-generated worlds deliberately shot for more of a desolate atmosphere, even the brighter ones like Minecraft. Trying to make something seem big and bombastic while you're running around in a world generating a whole lot of nothing is going to be difficult.

Madness

I always wondered if something like this would happen. When the gulf between an AAA title made by several hundred people over a period of 1-3 years with a budget of over a hundred million dollars, and a title made by a few people, with 1/100th the resources and time, would be too wide for some people and they'll write it off without ever giving it a chance.

You see it in the movie industry already. So many people don't watch independent films, or 'straight to dvd/netflix' movies for the sole reason that they don't have a big name budget, effects or stars.

I had to watch No Man's Sky trailer like 3 times in a row. How can you not be impressed? Everything was in engine. Only four people made it. With all the hype surrounding it now, I'd bet offers to publish, exclusivity and money are rolling in. If anything, more people should support this game.

I still can't get over how No Man's Sky is basically EXACTLY what I expected from Destiny. How has Bungie not released a trailer where you get in your spaceship and fly to the moon? I would have figured something like that would have been one of the very first things we saw.

I always wondered if something like this would happen. When the gulf between an AAA title made by several hundred people over a period of 1-3 years with a budget of over a hundred million dollars, and a title made by a few people, with 1/100th the resources and time, would be too wide for some people and they'll write it off without ever giving it a chance.

You see it in the movie industry already. So many people don't watch independent films, or 'straight to dvd/netflix' movies for the sole reason that they don't have a big name budget, effects or stars.

I had to watch No Man's Sky trailer like 3 times in a row. How can you not be impressed? Everything was in engine. Only four people made it. With all the hype surrounding it now, I'd bet offers to publish, exclusivity and money are rolling in. If anything, more people should support this game.

I agree and it's such a shame.. People are so close-minded.

I still can't get over how No Man's Sky is basically EXACTLY what I expected from Destiny. How has Bungie not released a trailer where you get in your spaceship and fly to the moon? I would have figured something like that would have been one of the very first things we saw.

Because Bungie. I'll never get over the fact that Bungie was once a standard-setter for the industry. It's crazy to think about how much credit they get, meanwhile other companies are doing the same things they do, and then some.

Add on to that that their games take 3+ years to develop and it's still shocking how people hold Bungie in such high regards. Hopefully Destiny proves us all wrong though; I'm sure it'll be fun, but will it blow our minds?

From press snippets I have gathered, it seems that flying the ship is just a cutscene sadly.

I pray that I am misinterpreting.

Because Bungie. I'll never get over the fact that Bungie was once a standard-setter for the industry. It's crazy to think about how much credit they get, meanwhile other companies are doing the same things they do, and then some.

Add on to that that their games take 3+ years to develop and it's still shocking how people hold Bungie in such high regards. Hopefully Destiny proves us all wrong though; I'm sure it'll be fun, but will it blow our minds?

I don't know what to think at the moment, but they really haven't shown us anything. It's been 75% re-used b-roll since like E3. Just think back to the initial Halo 4 reveal video where armor abilities, perks, ordnance, etc, was no where to be found.

For all we know the footage we have seen may just be scratching the surface of what Destiny actually is...and that is what I'm hoping is the case.

Yeah, you cannot drive spaceships.

Is it 100% confirmed?

Is it 100% confirmed?

Sadly yes :[ - I was hoping for something like Reach's Sabre mission where you can do at least something in space.

Speaking of which, that mission had the best space combat and possibly even flying in general since Rogue Squadron/Leader. Yet another thing that's a damn shame we have yet to see again.

Sadly yes :[ - I was hoping for something like Reach's Sabre mission where you can do at least something in space.

Speaking of which, that mission had the best space combat and possibly even flying in general since Rogue Squadron/Leader. Yet another thing that's a damn shame we have yet to see again.

The first answer? lol I wouldn't take that as confirmation. I'm hoping Bungie doesn't take the easy way out and just turn it into a cutscene, cause that would be insanely disappointing.

IHaveIce

Banned

I look at a game if it interests me, the fact how many people worked on it is totally irrelevant for me.

Destiny and No man's Sky still have a lot of doubt from my side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom