• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything? Not quite, but it's a pretty close match. Obviously you get the original sound, and AFAIK the gameplay mechanics are a perfect match (whereas CEA has some very slight differences).

Graphically, the only issue I've personally noticed with the 360 emulation is that, like the PC version and Classic Mode, it's missing the animated fog effect. Other "fog" effects that break in PC/Classic Mode (like the one that makes the the AotCR sky look correct from the ground) seem to be working correctly in the 360 emulation.

No, it's a lot better than "Classic mode" of CEA, but there are some flaws here and there. Halo CE MP is practically unplayable on 360 because the game freezes for a second every time you pick up Active Camo.
Thanks guys. I don't have an OG Xbox, but next time I feel like playing classic CE I'll just boot up the original disc instead.

Ataxia

Does anyone actually play with the original graphics in CEA? I mean, pre-release I told myself I would because of a few details that frustrated me (lack of blood, different camera angles in cut scenes...). But I really just can't go back now.

zap

Does anyone actually play with the original graphics in CEA? I mean, pre-release I told myself I would because of a few details that frustrated me (lack of blood, different camera angles in cut scenes...). But I really just can't go back now.

I don't know if it's just me but I felt like things were clearer in the classic mode and felt smoother.

I remember that I would turn on classic mode then forget about it and play the rest of the level like that. To be honest a lot of the time I barely noticed that the graphics were worse, as I was just focusing on the gameplay bliss.

Mabef

Banned
I think we're the outliers, but yeah. I did. Every now and then I would switch to the new graphics to see what's up, go "wueeueuhgh," and switch to the original graphics a few minutes later.

It's been a while since I played CEA, but I think it was a combination of the lighting and the saturation that bugged me. Lights got fuzzier, vehicles got busier, purples got purple-y-er. I really didn't like the difference.

I would guess that, if the game didn't have any original graphics option, I would've been fine with their new take. But side by side, I always preferred original.

I don't know if it's just me but I felt like things were clearer in the classic mode and felt smoother.

I remember that I would turn on classic mode then forget about it and play the rest of the level like that. To be honest a lot of the time I barely noticed that the graphics were worse, as I was just focusing on the gameplay bliss.
I admit that the hd graphics threw my gameplay off a bit. Mainly the Hunters movements and their unexpected Fuel rod blast without the warning glow.

It's the same gameplay, call me crazy, but it feels they added or changed (besides graphically and remastered tracks) things a tiny bit that's kinda hard to pin point and explain bcuz they're rare to pop up.

Fuchsdh

I still can't believe they wasted The Pit on Halo 4.

You can build the Pit in Forge fairly easily with largely no impact to the play. It's not like you can't recreate it in whatever next Halo.

I admit that the hd graphics threw my gameplay off a bit. Mainly the Hunters movements and their unexpected Fuel rod blast without the warning glow.

It's the same gameplay, call me crazy, but it feels they added or changed (besides graphically and remastered tracks) things a tiny bit that's kinda hard to pin point and explain bcuz they're rare to pop up.

The little things make all the difference sometimes. One of my pet peeves is that they removed the zoom-in blur to white effect that occurred whenever we were snapping into the Chief's POV. At the time I thought it was a really cool fairly subtle effect, and losing it makes you realize that it does add a lot.

Tunavi

Banned
if CEA were 60 FPS...

0318_hwu31.gif

Tawpgun

Have fun organizing a montage without the equivalent of Bungie Pro!

I'd contribute if I had any clips. I don't think I even touched Theater in Halo 4

IHaveIce

Banned
Montage is a nice idea. I can also capture stuff.

Have also lots if clips, maybe even some older stuff from reach and H3

If you do it like in the last montage and write the names of the players in the clips I'm ok with it.

I'm getting into this thread and read Speedy's post. What the actual fuck? Fuckin' spoiled graphic kid.

No Man's Sky is developed by 4 guys. Do you know how many that is? 4. Yes. Math. Counting stuff. 1, 2, 3, 4. 4 people! How many are you? You are one. 1. What have you created? You did not even create 1/100 of a game what those 4 guys did. And graphics aren't great?

The art style is incredible. Have you seen that GameTrailer still for the trailer? Maybe it's because I'm getting old, but goddamnit I thought it had been a concept art at first. But voila it turned out to be in-engine/game footage. Seriously how the fuck does this not look impressive? Especially under the aspect that this is a game by 4 people who do not have the financial resources like a middleware game title.

So yeah. Your opinion is shit. Total shit. Indie game looks like so damn awful? Seriously? SERIOUSLY? Do you even know that these people are sacrificing their own time, their own money for creating a game idea they had in their mind?

How many times have you thought "Oh my gosh, those are the best game ideas ever. Someone should make those! I mean, those are the best ideas ever, I should send them to a game studio. They will realise them! They would be idiots if not!"? Unlike you, those indie game devs have the balls to fuckin' realise their ideas.

New copypasta

Always played CEA with the old graphics. Wanted the new but the input delay killed it, especially the pistol.

Saw a post on Waypoint asking this and I was curious about answers here...

What do you think is the best technology in Halo? I'm undecided as yet, cop out I know.

Obligatory 5:55AM UNKNOWN CE Pistol post.

So many people have so much love for this weapon 343, give it a chance.. but more importantly give us a chance.

TheOddOne

GET READY FOR 343 DAY!
We’ll be streaming live from the studio on Monday (Dec. 9) for 343 Day and you can catch all the action right here! We'll be online via our Twitch.tv channel from 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM PST, interviewing and chatting with our own Kiki Wolfkill, Josh Holmes, Dan Ayoub, Kevin Grace and more, as well as hosting live gameplay with 343 employees and community members. Tune in for insight on Halo: Spartan Assault coming to console, Xbox One discussions, live-streamed gameplay with match commentary, giveaways, and other goodies!

Here’s a full run down of the day’s events:

Halo: Spartan Assault for Xbox One Interview
Race Live Gameplay
Halo 4 Matchmaking Chat
Grifball Live Gameplay
Josh Holmes Interview
Speed Slayer Live Gameplay
Halo: Escalation Comic Book Interview
Ricochet Live Gameplay
Neutral Flag Live Gameplay
Xbox One Launch Discussion
Snapshot Live Gameplay
Giveaways throughout the day!
See you there!
jfmgzsaxCUxoa.png

Havok

I always play with the original graphics. The framerate in the new layer isn't so hot (it doesn't drop much, but there's a really weird judder), the shield feedback changes are atrocious, and I think while it's really beautiful artistically, it sort of destroys a lot of the atmosphere that the original game had by making everything really bright and oversaturated.

Fuchsdh

I guess we'll finally know Spartan Assault's release date.

Yep. Hopefully comes out this month or in January.

No idea on the price it'll be--I'd be happy with $10-15 for it assuming that they stripped out the microtransactions, since it comes with the Operation Hydra DLC as well.

And hopefully the 343 Twitch stream is higher rez this time.

I always play with the original graphics. The framerate in the new layer isn't so hot (it doesn't drop much, but there's a really weird judder), the shield feedback changes are atrocious, and I think while it's really beautiful artistically, it sort of destroys a lot of the atmosphere that the original game had by making everything really bright and oversaturated.

Agreed, I really loved Anniversary but the atmosphere felt different due to some of the visual changes. Sometimes for the better but sometimes for the worse.

On a side note, sideshow's Master Chief just started shipping. It looks fantastic
IMG_5011_zpsf735e66c.jpg

and for size ref

Mistel

Banned
Reach had too bulky armor IMO that felt like it didn't fit together right. Halo 4 sort of went too far in the other direction with emaciated Spartans and what felt like too little armor.

50% of the armor in Reach and Halo 4 just should have been scrapped entirely, though. Having unlocks to fill with stuff does not mean you should be putting in the cruddy designs that should be left on the cutting room floor.

I think reach all round had the best player customization choices for armor paired with decent character models my Spartan in reach looks much better the my halo 4 one she just looks scantily clad by comparison.

To be honest I would have improved on the quality of the reach designs and tweaked a few for the next halo instead of the direction they took.

Yep. Hopefully comes out this month or in January.

No idea on the price it'll be--I'd be happy with $10-15 for it assuming that they stripped out the microtransactions, since it comes with the Operation Hydra DLC as well.

And hopefully the 343 Twitch stream is higher rez this time.

Oh, you mean that DLC that was free of charge on the mobile and PC releases? Totally makes sense to increase the game's price for that...

Madness

"Bungie nerfing the most broken piece of shit in Halo 1 was one of their worst decisions?"

"People loved it because it was OP, but it made the MP unbalanced (I only got to play it on my brother's Xbox 4 player years ago). It was a sniper, it was a shotgun, it was a rifle, it was whatever the fuck you wanted it to be. So overpowered, but it was legendary. If they didn't nerf it, Halo MP wouldn't exist, as it would just be people running around with pistols (a pistol would be like the DMR in Reach, if the DMR had double damage)".

Lol, some choice quotes from first page. I wonder if the second guy ever really played it. He says he only played it on his brothers xbox 4 years ago. I think it comes back to what we've talked about in the past. People had perception each match was a pistols fest where people were crossmapping each other with 3sk. When it was far from it. Plus this guy says it would just be people running around with pistols, and that it's a rifle, shotgun, sniper in one. But it was a utility weapon, good in almost all scenarios. Couldn't you then say that the BR is effectively what the CE pistol was? Instead of AR/Pistol, you have people rocking a BR the whole match.

Agreed, I really loved Anniversary but the atmosphere felt different due to some of the visual changes. Sometimes for the better but sometimes for the worse.

On a side note, sideshow's Master Chief just started shipping. It looks fantastic
IMG_5011_zpsf735e66c.jpg

and for size ref

cool, Looks very detailed for its size

Lol, some choice quotes from first page. I wonder if the second guy ever really played it. He says he only played it on his brothers xbox 4 years ago. I think it comes back to what we've talked about in the past. People had perception each match was a pistols fest where people were crossmapping each other with 3sk. When it was far from it. Plus this guy says it would just be people running around with pistols, and that it's a rifle, shotgun, sniper in one. But it was a utility weapon, good in almost all scenarios. Couldn't you then say that the BR is effectively what the CE pistol was? Instead of AR/Pistol, you have people rocking a BR the whole match.

But teh BRRzz Saevd Halol.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g407/bigsilva77/IMG_5011_zpsf735e66c.jpg[img]

and for size ref[/QUOTE]

This is so fucking sick!

IMG_5011_zpsf735e66c.jpg

and for size ref

This statue is phenomenal! Any links??

Havok

Spartan assault on Xbox one comes out dec 24, $14.99

Already posted on gaming side didn't see it here
Six-month-old game adds co-op mode and extra weapons, somehow more than doubles in price because....I guess the idea is that console players are rubes that have accepted the ever-increasing cost floor of digital games with open arms. Great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom