• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics

rabbit-hood-c2a9-warner-brothers.jpg

Six-month-old game adds co-op mode and extra weapons, somehow more than doubles in price because....I guess the idea is that console players are rubes that have accepted the ever-increasing cost floor of digital games with open arms. Great!

Yea I'll wait till it's on sale. Even Peggle 2 is somehow cheaper

Sounds like Nintendo still charging $5+ for NES games that not only can you play on the computer for free, you can play online..

And the gaming industry wonders why times get rough. I have no sympathy for the big corporate companies, give us free map packs and the hell with microtransactions.

wwm0nkey

So that No Man's Sky game is going for emergent gameplay like DayZ. So a set of rules the game/worlds follow but players are who dictates how the rest goes.

Everyone spawns on their own planet outside the galaxy and as you get closer to the center shit gets real.

Pretty hyped for this!

So that No Man's Sky game is going for emergent gameplay like DayZ. So a set of rules the game/worlds follow but players are who dictates how the rest goes.

Everyone spawns on their own planet outside the galaxy and as you get closer to the center shit gets real.

Pretty hyped for this!

everyone invade planet Kittens. and Trade embargo on Planet Wahrer

So I'm watching the Street fighter movie right now. It's so bad it's good.

And Oz from American Pie is a hotshot cop. [url="http://vimeo.com/14396701]He's amazing.[/url]

Hopefully Halo does it better when the show comes out.

belushy

Banned

Pretty hyped for this!

That is a neat idea. I wonder if everyone gets a ship from the start, or if it is more resource gathering? How will they handle when I'm offline; can other players just come to my planet and raid all my stuff? Those are some of my questions.

edit: Also, that would suck spawning in the center of the galaxy and then a few days later there are twenty battle cruisers within viewable distance of my planet battling it out.

wwm0nkey

That is a neat idea. I wonder if everyone gets a ship from the start, or if it is more resource gathering? How will they handle when I'm offline; can other players just come to my planet and raid all my stuff? Those are some of my questions.
Online seems like it will be a shared database of locations but they say you will need help from people to get a ship.

So no idea how online will really play like.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

Pretty hyped for this!
That sounds awesome. Have platforms been announced?

Man, that statue is kind of glorious. Huge though, in both a great and terrible way.

Very interested to see how Spartan Assault is reviewed.
$15 seems expensive, from the little bit I could dip my toes into.
Glad they're doing some level of cross buy but perhaps it should be a flat full version, with the new stuff as an addon.
How much will the dlc & coop be for Windows 8?

Not doing regular cross buy for Skulls of the Shogun was an abysmal showing by MS, and seemed to damage how it sold.

Edit: The 360 version is delayed? That's odd/unfortunate.

Tawpgun

So apparantley No Man's Sky isn't a multiplayer game in the same way Dark Souls really isn't.

You will never see another human player or ship, but you'll see what other players have done in the world.

If another player discovers a world with a rare resource they can share that information to the global galactic database or whatever, or keep it secret for themselves. If they keep it secret chances are others won't find it and they can keep that resource. But if they share it, other players will flock to the world and when the original player goes back they will see the resource was depleted.

Kinda disappointing... but the game still sounds crazy ambitious and fun.

So apparantley No Man's Sky isn't a multiplayer game in the same way Dark Souls really isn't.

You will never see another human player or ship, but you'll see what other players have done in the world.

If another player discovers a world with a rare resource they can share that information to the global galactic database or whatever, or keep it secret for themselves. If they keep it secret chances are others won't find it and they can keep that resource. But if they share it, other players will flock to the world and when the original player goes back they will see the resource was depleted.

so we still invade Kittens right?

Fuchsdh

Man, that statue is kind of glorious. Huge though, in both a great and terrible way.

Very interested to see how Spartan Assault is reviewed.
$15 seems expensive, from the little bit I could dip my toes into.
Glad they're doing some level of cross buy but perhaps it should be a flat full version, with the new stuff as an addon.
How much will the dlc & coop be for Windows 8?

Not doing regular cross buy for Skulls of the Shogun was an abysmal showing by MS, and seemed to damage how it sold.

Edit: The 360 version is delayed? That's odd/unfortunate.

I assume the 360 one takes more fiddling considering the architecture and how the average smartphone the original game was built for is many times faster than the 360 hardware.

IHaveIce

Banned

See, already the first disappointing news about the game.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
We should all do our part and spread the patriarchy on Planet Kittens
Cool. I'll, umm, invade your planet with intersectional anti-oppression politics. Wait, the White Knight Guild Handbook says we're not allowed to invade.

Edit : And on a totally different note, I really wish the Forerunners would have remained an ancient mystery. Maybe I could grow to like them, but with the direction Halo 4 took, I'm not so sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom