• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwm0nkey

I made a thing

ibmJegs6O5dwUu.png

I'll take my check now.

I'm not dismissing anything, I'm asking what people find issue with in the flat Metro design. I personally think it looks beautiful, so I'm curious.

Thank you Stalker, Noble, Blam, etc for actually responding to me in a serious fashion.

I use Metro everyday on my Windows Phone and I absolutely love the design of it, which most of you guys seem to think Metro works great on Mobile, so that's not an issue.

Using Metro on both my Xbox One and Laptop/Desktop daily, I still don't see an issue with them. Once you "organize" your tiles on your PC, launching programs is a simple (Windows Key + Move mouse and click) or even (Windows Key + first letter+ enter). This may or may not be less productive than the start menu/icons, but it still works really well and I don't mind using it.

The metro in general is a disgrace and a failure to unify the UI's across all MS products. It fails because it's not the samem they just paste square overlays into their products and make the user have to deal with it the horrible navigation. Like Windows 8 there is to much back and forth between what you are trying to access and the Metro tiles. Xbox One needs a lot of work because of those metro tiles.

Do other game communities spend so much time talking about UI? I'm not complaining, by the way, I love it. Reach's UI is great, but not perfect. The way files are organized is very limited. There should be a way to bring up a recently downloaded file quickly. Multiplayer theater should have been included for the instances where it worked fine (like viewing the most recent game from another teammates's perspective). Custom maps needed to have custom thumbnails in the voting screen.

Ora

Banned
Bungie is gonna utilize the PS4 touchpad in ways no one has ever seen before. It's really magical stuff when it come to UI navigation.

Nebula

Holy shit I finally broke the curse of the Killimanjaro. Throughout my entire Halo career I have never gone further than a Killimanjaro in matchmaking but I finally did it today :D

Video!

Madness

Holy shit I finally broke the curse of the Killimanjaro. Throughout my entire Halo career I have never gone further than a Killimanjaro in matchmaking but I finally did it today :D

Video!

*open video excited to see skilled gunplay*

... Notice Mantis on Ragnarok

*close video*

Lol, nah, I've only gone as high as Killimanjaro in Halo 3 and Killtrocity in Reach. Don't even know what the highest I've gotten in Halo 4 is. Checking your stats, you've gotten higher than Killimanjaro on both games, but I don't know if it was matchmaking or custom.

A big problem for me with these medals is that I don't really play much big team and if I do, I don't really use vehicles much, and so it becomes harder and harder to rack up anything higher than a killtacular with just guns.

Edit: Amazon had Xbox Live for $39 online as a code, decided to pick up another year of live, fired up Halo 4 after several months, notice only 10 people in team throwdown. Only 42 in team dlc at this time.

Madness

^ Now that's more like it. Pretty crazy how shitty of a Halo player I am in comparison to a lot of folks here. I was much better in the CE/2 days and my play has just declined.

I'm the very definition of a BK and yet I want a comprehensive ranking system so badly again, just to see how I stack up, whether I can improve, see what I'm good at, what I suck at.

nillapuddin

This anti-Halseyism is making me fucking sick.
Its been sickening for 2 books already, and thank fucking god its almost over because I cannot take it anymore.

Components I like in this series:
Sanghelli, check
Engineers, check
Kig-Yar, check
Insurrectionists, check
Spartans/ODST's, check
Halsey, NOOOOOOO

Shove it up your ass Travis

Halsey was a bright light, a pillar of awesome for Halo fans, and they have just completely exploited every uneasy part of her life/decisions to make her evil so when whatever happens post-SpOps we feel okay with her being bad

Nebula

Yeah fuck the Fuel Rod. Seriously have no idea why they keep bringing it back with 5 shots, one hit capability and a huge amount of ammo.

It's not going to work. It never will. Save it for campaign.

Pretty crazy how shitty of a Halo player I am in comparison to a lot of folks here.
Welcome to my life. The thing is... I suck at any Halo prior to 4. Why? Because I'm so used to Halo 4 that going back makes me an awful player.

You can ask Stormtrooper how much of a bad player I am. I'm not HaloGaf worthy *cries*

I'm down to play some Halo 2 vista as well. There are still a couple of achievements i need.

EDIT: if anyone (we are gonna need a few) people want to boost that rainman achievement today i'm down to idle with you.

Last bunch of options regarding Search and Destroy:

- Does the bomb resets if it's loose for a while (no one picking it up).
- What's the bomb reset time, if it resets at all?
- When the bomb is dropped, canthe enemy team see it? do they get a "bomb dropped" message.

The gametype will be done by Saturday so maybe Tashi can get it into customs, my biggest priority is to refine the settings.

As for now, these are the gametype's UDO:

- Fuse Time: controls the bomb fuse time.
- Defuse Time: controls the bomb defuse time.
- Detonation Time: controls the bomb detonation time after a succesful fuse.
- Site Alert: defenders get a heads up when one of their sites is being armed.
- Sprint: disble or enable sprint for all players.
- Alternative Settings (AKA COD Settings): enable this option for faster kill times and a more fast paced gameplay, you can tweak the Alternative Settings by yourself.

Currently the bomb attaches to your back and you can't drop it on command, I'm thinking about adding an option to choose how players deal with picking up the bomb so that they can pick it up like an oddball or Reach's flag.

Nebula

Last bunch of options regarding Search and Destroy:

- Does the bomb resets if it's loose for a while (no one picking it up). Nope
- What's the bomb reset time, if it resets at all? Only resets when out of bounds
- When the bomb is dropped, canthe enemy team see it? do they get a "bomb dropped" message. No message is displayed to the enemy team and they get no HUD indication either. They can however see a dropped bomb.

The gametype will be done by Saturday so maybe Tashi can get it into customs, my biggest priority is to refine the settings.

As for now, these are the gametype's UDO:

- Fuse Time: controls the bomb fuse time.
- Defuse Time: controls the bomb defuse time.
- Detonation Time: controls the bomb detonation time after a succesful fuse.
- Site Alert: defenders get a heads up when one of their sites is being armed.
- Sprint: disble or enable sprint for all players.
- Alternative Settings (AKA COD Settings): enable this option for faster kill times and a more fast paced gameplay, you can tweak the Alternative Settings by yourself.

Currently the bomb attaches to your back and you can't drop it on command, I'm thinking about adding an option to choose how players deal with picking up the bomb so that they can pick it up like an oddball or Reach's flag.

Answers in bold. One question for you as well. Do they get an alert during the arming or after it has been armed?

Answers in bold. One question for you as well. Do they get an alert during the arming or after it has been armed?

If Site Alert is enabled the defenders get a heads up each time the bomb carrier starts to plant the bomb, Site Alert is disabled by default.

Thanks for the answers ;)

inkls

Its been sickening for 2 books already, and thank fucking god its almost over because I cannot take it anymore.

Sanghelli, check
Engineers, check
Kig-Yar, check
Insurrectionists, check
Spartans/ODST's, check
Halsey, NOOOOOOO

Halsey was a bright light, a pillar of awesome for Halo fans, and they have just completely exploited every uneasy part of her life/decisions to make her evil so when whatever happens post-SpOps we feel okay with her being bad

Bought the first two, is the 3rd one worth it? How much Halsey hate are we talking about here?

Mistel

Banned
Yeah fuck the Fuel Rod. Seriously have no idea why they keep bringing it back with 5 shots, one hit capability and a huge amount of ammo.

I'd say realistically it's better than the rocket launcher. It's much better in multiplayer against teams, but it's no fun to face in 4 when people have 4 of them on a single team.

Chettlar

Banned
Ok, I think I'll make a mockup. I have a few ideas that I'd like to try, but it's going to take me a bit, since it's going to comprise of about five or six screenshots, so that I can cover things like Campaign and MM and stuff thoroughly. The colors will be off because I'm not always the best with color unless I just absolutely suddenly know the perfect color to use on something. Oh well. The layout is what's important.

And no, it's not going to have baseball cards; it's going to be Halo 3-Reach-esque, as well as something new, having to do with lobbies.

Three questions:

(1) Anybody know of a good font I can use?

(2) Could StalkerUKCG or somebody else send me a picture with no background of a spartan (like the one Stalker used in his mockup).

(3) And could anybody post a picture with no background of the Legendary campaign logo? Old or new it doesn't matter. I just need a picture of that with NO background whatsoever. I don't necessarily need the other ones, but cool, provide that while you're at it if you wish.

Thanks in advance.

I'll be making most of the rest myself probably, such as the button symbols and stuff.

NOKYARD

It's obvious Travis didn't play Legendary Halo Reach and found all of the Data Pads.

Would have known Halsey's hand was being guided by a coven of AI.

In another note.

High Speed Halo is receiving copyright strikes from Neil Davidge's publishers due to the background music in Halo 4 speed runs.

"Neil Davidge-Arrival", sound recording administered by: 5:40
WMG Your dispute awaiting response by 02/16/14
SME Dispute rejected, claim has been reinstated.
[Merlin] Essential Music Dispute rejected, claim has been reinstated.

Marty's publishers merely added a small ad to the bottom of the videos, which i am ok with since my channel is not monetized. Davidge's publishers block the video in certain countries (doesn't state which countries). Being a global site which has received speed runs from all continents there is the potential for a runner to submit a speed run and not be able to view it on the channel.

Does anyone here have experience filing a second dispute to YouTube? My only other option is to remove the audio track when music plays.

[edit] or play the Benny Hill theme over Marty's work.

Woorloog

Banned

They need to bring back a nerfed version of Halo PC Fuel Rod Gun, if they will bring back the weapon at all.
Heavy arcing (basically a shoulder-mounted mortar), slow projectile, limited blast radius, limited energy, overheats quick (perhaps it could have very slow cooling?).

Where is that one dude arguing with me about Gears last time. I told you you MS will make sure its exclusive. Ironic that it happened days later after that argument.

It worse than running and melee people, it can kill me if I shoot to close to anyone and the other dude can survive.

Sanghelli, check
Engineers, check
Kig-Yar, check
Insurrectionists, check
Spartans/ODST's, check
Halsey, NOOOOOOO

Is not like the whole book says HALSEY IS EVIL and the end justifice means but I dont think Halsey will have a redemption in the novels or being absolved of what she did. Right now she is a old powerless woman used as a spacegoat while ONI takes of the credit for saving humanity,using her knowledge to build a strong humanity and erasing her work while she is crying for her lost daughter (and son?).

I wonder what the odds are of this being something Halo 5 related..

8Xb81bx.png

Probably not super likely, but I wouldn't be horridly surprised if we got a new song by then. Assuming of course that he is still working on Halo.

Ah damn, I really liked Davidge's style, even if it lacked a central theme or call backs to past titles. Something about his songs had a really unique and rich otherworldly sound.

Outside starwars references,very short tracks and hi tech sounds, I only like Belly of the beast entirely (the trailer version)

Chettlar

Banned

8Xb81bx.png

Probably not super likely, but I wouldn't be horridly surprised if we got a new song by then. Assuming of course that he is still working on Halo.

Davidge was hired specifically for Halo 4 and is not actually a part of 343, correct?

Ah damn, I really liked Davidge's style, even if it lacked a central theme or call backs to past titles. Something about his songs had a really unique and rich otherworldly sound.

I wouldn't know. You see, I couldn't hear it. :(

Chettlar

Banned
FYI: I'm going to respond in full, I have not forgotten about this.

Cool, I look forward to it. Just remember that I'm not saying the the Halo 3 menus are bad. I like them a lot.

In fact, my own mockup will probably be more inline with that style than the mockup in the video.

I wouldn't know. You see, I couldn't hear it. :(

Oh yeah, nor could I basically. The music was far too buried in the audio mix, and it took me purchasing the OSTs to really enjoy it.

Also, a lot of the soundtrack started and ended abruptly in the game.. normally cutscenes have music that is more carefully placed and crafted. It that sense it felt unfinished.

I'd like for some key info on the screen before a match, such as Power-up/power weapon spawn timers, etc. -- provide the player with more knowledge instead of adjusting the gameplay to cater to lesser-skilled/informed players.

Show a map layout similar to Gears and have this info on there, for example.

Mistel

Banned
They need to bring back a nerfed version of Halo PC Fuel Rod Gun, if they will bring back the weapon at all.
Heavy arcing (basically a shoulder-mounted mortar), slow projectile, limited blast radius, limited energy, overheats quick (perhaps it could have very slow cooling?).
I wouldn't mind it transitioning to a similar weapon. Maybe something like a stronger concussion rifle style projectile, with the mortar function of the CE version.

Nebula

I wouldn't mind it transitioning to a similar weapon. Maybe something like a stronger concussion rifle style projectile, with the mortar function of the CE version.

Send the Laser and the Fuel Rod to the garbage tip and bring in the Plasma Launcher. Problem solved.

8Xb81bx.png

I hope it is. Getting a Halo 5 remix out on time would be great.

Mine might have been shitty but this is fucking god awful.

WHY DO YOU GUYS HATE IT SO MUCH

I've gotten a good 5 or 6 nays to it with virtually no explanations behind them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom