• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistel

Banned
Nuns?
Perverse?
No way lady.
Fixed that for you, those outfits are great I like probably far worse stuff I can assure you. This is definitely one of the strangest conversations in this thread lol.

axNREqM_460sa.gif
You gave my backdoor fire works? Or is due to what happens to male bee's after they mate?
their genitals explode.

H2A with all maps would be great as there is a nice variety with them. What would you think about maybe adding some new ones?

ElRenoRaven

This is literally turning into the worst kept secret ever. At this point, there are probably more Halo fans who know it's coming, then not.

Yup. It's time to just end this and admit it's coming and tell us with what it is. That way I can preorder it already damn it.

JohnyRL

Banned
Fixed that for you, those outfits are great I like probably far worse stuff I can assure you. This is definitely one of the strangest conversations in this thread lol.

Yeah. Its up there.
(also sorry if I offended)

OT:

As hyped as the not-news news gets me, I really am unsure about a Halo 2 anniversary shipping with multiplayer. If
when
Halo 5 is a steaming turd, what prevents people from wanting to run back to Halo 2? Couldn't it legitimately split the player base?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
What if there's a disruption in the time / space continuum and Halo 5 Chief meets Halo 2 Chief. The Halo 2 figure is for Halo 5. Multiple timelines work great for Zelda! Get on it Frankie.

What if there's a disruption in the time / space continuum and Halo 5 Chief meets Halo 2 Chief. The Halo 2 figure is for Halo 5. Multiple timelines work great for Zelda! Get on it Frankie.

I'm suprised that they haven't explored time travel yet in any of the fiction, it'd seem like it'd be easy to cash in on with "experimental forerunner whatsits"

DJ Gunner

OT:

As hyped as the not-news news gets me, I really am unsure about a Halo 2 anniversary shipping with multiplayer. If
when
Halo 5 is a steaming turd, what prevents people from wanting to run back to Halo 2? Couldn't it legitimately split the player base?

We can only hope.

Nebula

Page 343 YAY!

Lol time travel rarely works out well. It'll create more confusion and plot holes than it will in delivering a good story.

Fuchsdh

I'm suprised that they haven't explored time travel yet in any of the fiction, it'd seem like it'd be easy to cash in on with "experimental forerunner whatsits"

Uh, they did. The events of First Strike take place *before* Halo: Combat Evolved due to Forerunner crystal whatsits. It was really bizarre and to this day I have no idea why they introduced that plot point.

(I also thought that they might try and use this to handwave some of the discrepancies with Reach/The Fall of Reach, but that would have probably only made things worse.)

Page 343 YAY!

Lol time travel rarely works out well. It'll create more confusion and plot holes than it will in delivering a good story.

And this. Time travel stories can be great, but they often lead into the issue of "well if they can go back in time why don't they just do it again every time X happens" and whatnot. The novelty of it can also wear off if it's overused (case in point: later Star Trek eps.)

Uh, they did. The events of First Strike take place *before* Halo: Combat Evolved due to Forerunner crystal whatsits. It was really bizarre and to this day I have no idea why they introduced that plot point.

(I also thought that they might try and use this to handwave some of the discrepancies with Reach/The Fall of Reach, but that would have probably only made things worse.)

Hmmmm I do not remember that. I have the book, I'll try to go back and read that.

Page 343. Best page ever IMO

Is Microsoft paying you to say that or something?

Fuchsdh

Hmmmm I do not remember that. I have the book, I'll try to go back and read that.

Like I said, it's pretty irrelevant, so it's not too surprising you missed it amid all the slispace shenanigans. I dunno if they did it for some timeline reason to tie in to Halo 2 or what. Would be something worth asking Nylund if you could I guess.

Booties

Banned
Page 343 YAY!

Worked for Chrono Trigger!

Anyone want to help me get to Halo 4 achievements? I need to complete mission 4 without one preventable Marine death on Heroic. I also need to beat Ch 1, Ep 5 of SPOPS on normal.

JohnyRL

Banned
Guys, its obvious.
Halo 5 is Halo 2.
After 4 they stopped giving a shit and are going to just rerelease past products.
Same money, less effort. I solved it.

Karl2177

Titanfall is p good. Also Tawp was right about getting killed by the Smart Pistol. It's not fun at all.

And for the none of you that pay attention, no Feature Set article this week. Had 4 exams this past week and didn't get a chance to revise what I had written. I'll have one next Sunday covering some lesser features like customization and progression.

Did anyone here post the pictures from that toy convention thing that happened this weekend? Lots of prototype designs for toys/statues/busts were released. I saw a prototype MegaBloks UNSC Elephant that looked atrocious and hilarious. But otherwise there was some cool stuff.

Kotobukya MC Statue. Nothing on price but probably between $50-$150.
Toy-Fair-2014-Kotobukiya-Halo-Statue-002.jpg

Toy-Fair-2014-Kotobukiya-Halo-Statue-006.jpg

McFarlane was showing off stuff from 2012 and 2013 for whatever reason. So that's cool I guess.

JohnyRL

Banned
Whenever I looked at Chief within the past couple years, I always thought to myself: This guy would look Ace wearing a poncho. I know I'm not the only one on that.

Thanks 343.

FyreWulff

Tried a bit of Titanfall. It's not grabbing me yet, but I will have to say they did a pretty good job of having an atmosphere to their multiplayer maps.

Also, it seemed like everyone was on one side of the map

Tried a bit of Titanfall. It's not grabbing me yet, but I will have to say they did a pretty good job of having an atmosphere to their multiplayer maps.

Also, it seemed like everyone was on one side of the map

I played a few matches (PC). Can't. Customize. Controller. Button mapping...

Gameplay-wise: pretty fun. Titan v Titan battles remind me of Halo but drawn out longer. Lots of stuff I'm not sure I care for yet, but for me, definitely more entertaining/fun than CoD multiplayer in general.

Did anyone here post the pictures from that toy convention thing that happened this weekend? Lots of prototype designs for toys/statues/busts were released. I saw a prototype MegaBloks UNSC Elephant that looked atrocious and hilarious. But otherwise there was some cool stuff.

McFarlane was showing off stuff from 2012 and 2013 for whatever reason. So that's cool I guess.

I dont mind another Palmer (or cortana) figure to be made in a distant future but yeah too many chief figures choice to pick up just one.

Ramirez

Page 343. Best page ever IMO

Already transitioning into the company yes man, Halo is saved!

That stupid poncho MC figure should be marked as the day Halo officially died. A series known for its amazing art style has it's lead character wearing a potato sack, smh.

Dub117

I played a few matches (PC). Can't. Customize. Controller. Button mapping...

Gameplay-wise: pretty fun. Titan v Titan battles remind me of Halo but drawn out longer. Lots of stuff I'm not sure I care for yet, but for me, definitely more entertaining/fun than CoD multiplayer in general.
Yeah i like the shielding regen on the titans, like halo. No doubt more fun than CoD. Perfect gap fill FPS until H2A
please

TCKaos

The fuck is happening with that Metal Gear REX? It's a giant killing machine, not a bird. The front is too heavy, it'd lose its balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom