• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omni

Who ever design most of the maps should be let near map design again. Settler has that ridge, vertigo has no flow, meltdown is just well meltdown. The list of bad maps just goes on...

Haha, this is true! I haven't played Vertigo or Meltdown in months. One of the good things about sticking to CTF, I guess :p

Ghazi

For posterity, I'm going to make the call that the H2A Reveal trailer will be the hype H2 teaser, with the new graphics.

I feel like it's the best way to go.

blowup8dlez.gif

Mistel

Banned
Haha, this is true! I haven't played Vertigo or Meltdown in months. One of the good things about sticking to CTF, I guess :p
It's like they made it without caring about anything, poor design as regards to movement of any kind and just weird designs in general.

The metal gear rex mantis is just a awful vehicle that is far from suited to matchmaking. Yet there's a need to have them on most maps instead of other vehicles that is just baffling to me.

That HUD is sure cluttered...

Mix

gawwwwwddddd, instant nostalgia

I know lol, man, H2A needs to come out this year.
E3 will either be a huge disappointment or fucking fantastic.

WHAT IF 343 GAVE US A HALO 2 ANNIVERSARY TRAILER THEN DID THE 2003 DEMO ON THE NEW GRAPHICS, ONLY TO STILL NEVER GIVE IT TO US LOL

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I know lol, man, H2A needs to come out this year.
E3 will either be a huge disappointment or fucking fantastic.

WHAT IF 343 GAVE US A HALO 2 ANNIVERSARY TRAILER THEN DID THE 2003 DEMO ON THE NEW GRAPHICS, ONLY TO STILL NEVER GIVE IT TO US LOL
I think we'll hear about H2A (some more, lol) before E3. I really don't see them making it one of their big reveals. It's a remake -- they can hype it, but they can't wave it around as one of their big guns.

Not seeing it.
His stomach/thighs are clearly in the reticule for me.
Don't worry about it though. My vision is terrible.
The reticle was pointed at the building, a little bit below the opponent.

JohnyRL

Banned
I think we'll hear about H2A (some more, lol) before E3. I really don't see them making it one of their big reveals. It's a remake -- they can hype it, but they can't wave it around as one of their big guns.

The reticle was pointed at the building, a little bit below the opponent.

But the upper half of the reticle is on a sizable portion of the player.

jqYYIdPUw2C01.png

What's up with you guys. Player was within the reticle, missiles fired at player within reticle.
Not that weird.
Have some standards for yourself man! She's just not that into you..

We have different definitions of where the bullets should land within that "reticle" (should be within the smaller reticle IMO).

In this case I'd expect the smaller, center section of the reticle to be where the bullets go.
Exactly. Terrible, obvious misses would still count going by the outer portion. Looks like the reticle also jumps at the moment of firing up (flash) to the edge of the roof, so it was even further off than in JohnyRL's still. But I don't have access to Photoshop now so I can't tell 100%.

Nothing I didn't expect from it though. Halo does similar things depending on connections.

I'd imagine the vortex return fire has a spread due to multiple projectiles. It's not a single shot or burst fire, it's a bunch of spinning projectiles being returned. I give some wiggle room on the reticle for this. It even looks like a second hit detection in the top left of the enemy as well.

Titanfall X1 beta has been quite smooth. Even not having launch Azure for Aus we're connecting to Singapore Azure at approx. 90-100ms. I can't wait for Q3/4 for Melbourne/Sydney Azure to open their doors.

Anybody here play Dota2?

Is it actually fun or something dumb?

I downloaded it the other day and started the "tutorial" while watching Clone Wars. It was a 5 minute video that I didn't realize had audio until the last thirty seconds. Exited out and haven't tried it since.

Fuchsdh

Anybody here play Dota2?

I downloaded it the other day and started the "tutorial" while watching Clone Wars. It was a 5 minute video that I didn't realize had audio until the last thirty seconds. Exited out and haven't tried it since.

The DotA 2 tutorial is a pain to get through, but if you've never played it before, you need to pay attention or you'll get slaughtered your first 10
matches.

It's definitely a game that you have to want to be competitive at, because even at it's low levels it's extremely punishing. If it weren't for the fact that I've essentially been playing DotA since 2003 or '04 back in the Warcraft III days in high school, I dunno if I could pick it up now.

That said, I find it a lot of fun. It hits my competitive buttons far better than Halo, which I suppose is an interesting contradiction in my playstyles and choices.

Anybody here play Dota2?

Yea but i just started too. In tutorials and stuff.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm getting a 360 again! I've missed Halo and playing with you all. I managed to get a used 250GB from Amazon for $158. Anyone know of any good deals on XBL Gold? Add me and we can commence the donging -- kittens dx.

Fuchsdh

I'm getting a 360 again! I've missed Halo and playing with you all. I managed to get a used 250GB from Amazon for $158. Anyone know of any good deals on XBL Gold? Add me and we can commence the donging -- kittens dx.

Best prices I see now are around $45-47. Think you missed the latest $40 round of deals for 12 month. I don't really search for shorter terms so others might have more useful info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom