• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistel

Banned
No worries was just in funny terms.
I just noticed out of context ,what I said is a innuendo and a pretty obvious one as well.

Firefight is much more enjoyable than Spartan ops, which had no difficulty to it other than kill everything and die for some ammo, as little was on the maps. Not mentioning the odd scenarios that lacked explanation.

belushy

Banned
I just noticed out of context ,what I said is a innuendo and a pretty obvious one as well.

Firefight is much more enjoyable than Spartan ops, which had no difficulty to it other than kill everything and die for some ammo, as little was on the maps. Not mentioning the odd scenarios that lacked explanation.

I understand that is why people liked ODST FF (it was a lot harder) but I liked the more laid back nature of Reach FF.

Fuchsdh

I understand that is why people liked ODST FF (it was a lot harder) but I liked the more laid back nature of Reach FF.

To me it's not a matter of "harder", really. ODST's sandbox just worked better to me—you got effective starting weapons but had to manage your ammo and dropped power weapons, and the Carbine served as a god rifle in the game for ripping through Brutes.

Reach's FF suffered from really bad AI pathing and map design that too easily funneled enemies together, along with the weaker player movement and too-strong grenades.

TheOddOne

I think the ordnance mechanic, with some alterations, would be a perfect fit for something like Firefight.
It was already in Reach’s Firefight, but it was dropped after certain waves had been reached. Player controlled Ordnance mixed with Firefight would be interesting though.

I think the ordnance mechanic, with some alterations, would be a perfect fit for something like Firefight.

If it was hard/slow to earn it would be really cool for firefight.

Calling in ammo when your squad was almost out/scavenging for crap covenant weapons would be cool.

It needs to stay out of MP though. It needs to die and never return.

I was in Target yesterday just browsing the movies section and these two sorority sister blondes walk by and I overhear what they're saying.

"You know what, I just want to buy an Xbox like right now."
"Why?"
"Did you ever play Halo 2? It was fucking awesome. So many hot guys used to play it. I haven't played Halo in forever. Do people still play Halo?"
"oh my gawd, you play video games."
"Yeah all I'd need is an Xbox, Halo 2, and that Xbox...thing that lets you play online. That's not too much money. Let's go see how much it is."

Then they left. About five minutes later I saw them leaving carrying an Xbox One and a bag with like 3-4 games in it. Rich 10/10 blonde biddies I swear. Halo 2 Anniversary confirmed.

Firefight was extremely fun under the right circumstances. Limited was a good mode if you could find people that knew how to play it. Doubles was great, but had a shitty population.

Poor form on Bungie's part to make the majority of the gametypes unlimited FRG with super shields.

Mistel

Banned
Ideally a mix of the best of both taking the core experience from odst and meshing it with reach customization options. Would be a nice thing to see.

Customizable weapon drops? Like the reach ones as long as it's gone from standard multiplayer.

I was in Target yesterday just browsing the movies section and these two sorority sister blondes walk by and I overhear what they're saying.

"Why?"
"Did you ever play Halo 2? It was fucking awesome. So many hot guys used to play it. I haven't played Halo in forever. Do people still play Halo?"
"Yeah all I'd need is an Xbox, Halo 2, and that Xbox...thing that lets you play online. That's not too much money. Let's go see how much it is."

Then they left. About five minutes later I saw them leaving carrying an Xbox One and a bag with like 3-4 games in it. Rich 10/10 blonde biddies I swear. Halo 2 Anniversary confirmed.
And no FUBAR cream filling for that Golden Oreo..

Halo
2/10

willow ve

ODST style firefight + drop in drop out via dedicated servers + personal ordnance sounds great.

Fingers crossed we don't get Sparty Ops 3 instead.

"Why?"

It's always stuff like this. I feel like Halo has declined so much, that all that's left of the franchise in people's hearts are memories of the Good Ole days of Halo 1-3.

Plleeeassseeee bring those days back this year, 343/MS. BREATHE LIFE INTO HALO.

Which I was.
Boyfriend of the Year Award goes toooooo.....

Now stop it Microsoft Viral Team. Hot blondes? Halo 2? People still play video games? GROSS.

Egad! I've been revealed!

And no FUBAR cream filling for that Golden Oreo..

Halo
2/10

Ha I was actually standing next to my girlfriend when they walked by and I wasn't paying attention at all. She elbowed me and got me listening because she heard them talking about Halo.

Then she gave me shit the drive back to our place saying I was just trying to check them out.

Which I was.

Woorloog

Banned
The only problem with ODST firefight is that it is endless. For multiplayer matchmaking, it needs a limit... say 10 rounds (waves? can't recall the terms for FF) and 1 final boss round, with each round being harder and harder. No easy-mode like Reach FF, but no fucking cheapness either (Reach-like massed enemies, Fuel Rods, super accuracy like Reach had, and BlackEye skull). Seriously, it is a survival mode, it should be hard, something that requires skill to get through, not just luck with good weapons or AI being silly.

BTW, playing Halo 2 on Legendary, enemies are surprisingly weak in that game, but so is the player. A burst of from an SMG was enough to drop a Minor Elite's shields.

Fuchsdh

The only problem with ODST firefight is that it is endless. For multiplayer matchmaking, it needs a limit... say 10 rounds (waves? can't recall the terms for FF) and 1 final boss round, with each round being harder and harder. No easy-mode like Reach FF, but no fucking cheapness either (Reach-like massed enemies, Fuel Rods, super accuracy like Reach had, and BlackEye skull). Seriously, it is a survival mode, it should be hard, something that requires skill to get through, not just luck with good weapons or AI being silly.

BTW, playing Halo 2 on Legendary, enemies are surprisingly weak in that game, but so is the player. A burst of from an SMG was enough to drop a Minor Elite's shields.

That's a fair point. A set-round match mode would be good too, and you could at least try and have those in matchmaking.

m23

Gears of war 3 actually did tdm very well.

Having a shared pool of lives meant there was always a showdown at the end of a round. They can be pretty tense or straight forward.

Yeah, Gears 3 had an awesome online component overall. TDM, Warzone, Execution, they all had very tense moments pretty much every match.

Woorloog

Banned
That's a fair point. A set-round match mode would be good too, and you could at least try and have those in matchmaking.

Alternatively a simple time limit works, get as far as you can in 15 minutes. Or something like that. And 343 could add a competitive aspect to Firefight by adding a leaderboard (and rigorous anti-cheating system). Oh, and a quick FF mode, with 5 minute limit.

Guys, I'm starting a kickstarter so you can buy your favorite user ViewtifulJC a Xbone so he can play Halo 2 HD with dedicated servers. Deadline is November, will update with more details and stretch goals soon.

As if it didn't look mediocre enough.

Shots fired.

BTW, I love Titanfall, I havent had this much fun in an FPS since like 07 when H3 came out. It probably will be unbalanced as fuck once the other Titans are playable in the full version and more perks/abilities/weapons, but the beta is a hell of an experience.

TheOddOne

Guys, I'm starting a kickstarter so you can buy your favorite user ViewtifulJC a Xbone so he can play Halo 2 HD with dedicated servers. Deadline is November, will update with more details and stretch goals soon.
Can't even kickstart a new Viewtiful, huh?

Gawd, Kickstarter is such a failure.

It's always stuff like this. I feel like Halo has declined so much, that all that's left of the franchise in people's hearts are memories of the Good Ole days of Halo 1-3.

Plleeeassseeee bring those days back this year, 343/MS. BREATHE LIFE INTO HALO.

Boyfriend of the Year Award goes toooooo.....

We're a weird couple. I point out good looking dudes for her to ogle, she points out good looking girls for me to check out. Neither of us really get jelly unless it's an obvious stop drop and roll run into a wall staring at dat ass so hard.

That's only happened once. And I got in trouble. :(

You think HaloGAF approaches random girls? C'mon son.

Nobody on gaf approaches random girls. It's the amazing reason that we get threads like "How do I talk to a girl in class" or "I think my wife's sister is hitting on me". It makes this website fun.

We're a weird couple. I point out good looking dudes for her to ogle, she points out good looking girls for me to check out. Neither of us really get jelly unless it's an obvious stop drop and roll run into a wall staring at dat ass so hard.

Let her keep pointing out the chicks.. but don't ever, ever point out dudes for her.

c'mon FUBAR.. Get your BoJangles together.

Mistel

Banned
As if it didn't look mediocre enough.
Based on the IMDB scores that pretty much the general consensus.

The most fun I had in reach ff was an all heretic waves, whilst the player had a needler and a drop shield. Pink explosions everywhere, who ever made it had you with high movement and infinite ammo with reloads at the cost of being squishy.

I just found out that Sophie Turner who plays Sansa Stark is A) older than me B) nearly 18.
Jack Nickelson.gif, I'm totally part of creepy gaf aren't I?

FatMarshall

Neo Member
Shots fired.
The PG13 rating alone has caused controversy. The remake will probably be okay, but nothing worth rushing to see, and definitely won't match elements of the original.

As for Neil Davidge's work, he's a fine composer, but I didn't really like his work in Halo 4. You can mute Halo 4's musical tones and overlay classical Halo compositions, and the campaign suddenly feels much more amazing. Apparently he composed Halo 4's music remotely rather than in-studio, so that may be somewhat related.

The PG13 rating alone has caused controversy. The remake will probably be okay, but nothing worth rushing to see, and definitely won't match elements of the original.

As for Neil Davidge's work, he's a fine composer, but I didn't really like his work in Halo 4. You can mute Halo 4's musical tones and overlay classical Halo compositions, and the campaign suddenly feels much more amazing. Apparently he composed Halo 4's music remotely rather than in-studio, so that may be somewhat related.

Oh I completely agree, I was just referring to the Davidge thing for the shots fired and I couldnt agree more with it. I think Kazuma Jinnouchi had better tracks in my own personal opinion. I really am looking forward to a remastered Halo 2 soundtrack though if the H2A thing truly happens.

Nobody on gaf approaches random girls. It's the amazing reason that we get threads like "How do I talk to a girl in class" or "I think my wife's sister is hitting on me". It makes this website fun.

Sounds like a fine relationship to me :)

When I'm single, I've gotten comfortable enough to approach and flirt with random girls, and they usually love it. I'm sure that the social awkwardness ratio is much lower than some people expect on this forum.

"Why?"

ntkrnl is a hot blonde insider leaker that has lots of money and sorority girlfriends that love playing vidya games on their xbones and like hot dudes & halo 2, confirmed.

Frankie how many sleeps till Jen Taylor reveals H2A in her interview?

FatMarshall

Neo Member
Oh I completely agree, I was just referring to the Davidge thing for the shots fired and I couldnt agree more with it. I think Kazuma Jinnouchi had better tracks in my own personal opinion.
All I want back are the chanting monks and more-relaxing, less-intense tracks. Halo 4's main menu music, which has been the iconic track for the specific game since Halo: CE, sounds like a dying child.
I really am looking forward to a remastered Halo 2 soundtrack though if the H2A thing truly happens.
Agreed.

Woorloog

Banned
I think it was claimed somewhere that the Incubus tracks and that Breaking Benjamin track in Halo 2 actually had vocals but they were disabled somehow, affecting the quality of the track as a whole. True?

IHaveIce

Banned
Frankie, announce the game now pls

wait no, not Halo 5, nobody wants that, ah yes Halo 2 Anniversary with MP thank you.

kthxbye

I need a new good halo

Havoc2049

"Why?"

You missed your chance at Halo Pron...

I remember sitting in a movie theater watching this Halo 2 trailer and there were people who actually cheered at the end of the trailer....good times.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz6FNKawJBc

Maybe they could just port and update H2V, along with the extra maps and the map editor??? They could even reuse the H2V Trailer, but just replace PC with Xbox One.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj__oWdYC3E

Does anyone else like the Halo 2 campaign? I really enjoy it and actually enjoy it slightly more than Halo 3 and find it leagues better than Halo 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom