• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nebula

Oh yeah I wanted to post this when we were talking about Pulse Grenades earlier.

1mUGawi.png

Once again, releasing it on both systems would please all the three type of potential buyers: the ones that already have a Xbox One, the ones that don't have a Xbox One and the ones that wouldn't mind to buy a Xbox One for H2A.

I meant 2 years max. You don't abandon your former product fanbase just for the sake of it. Apple still supports the iPhone 4, MS still supports (but soon won't) Windows XP. You can't please everyone with your new product but you still can make them spend money on their current system. I'm not saying they should make games exclusively for the 360 but releasing content alongside Xbox One. Not everything needs to be released on the 360 but you can't just forget your older system just because.

I'm just saying.
If they put it on 360 then no one will be tempted as much to get xbox one.

Halo 4 sentinels were pretty neat I thought... I was also ok with most of the forerunner architecture. I wish the metals were a bit "shinier" though. Since Halo CE it seems none of the metal surfaces are nearly as pristine/reflecty. Same goes for covenant vehicles and armor.

did you say something? all i saw was you posting a giant JJ Abrams Lens Flare in Halo

Woorloog

Banned
hahahah, frustrating isn't it? Doesn't make any sense..

Playing splitscreen with my friends, they watch my screen to see my shield status and gun heat status, and this gives them a wonderful advantage as drivers. If they had their own systems and screens...
Seriously, why can't driver see all the relevant data of their passengers and gunners? I figure most drivers can pay attention to the map, their own status and their passengers status.

Yea but some will settle for less. They are out there,if it's only on xbox one then they have no choice.
Well, some people won't buy the Xbox One so they loose a potential Halo 2 sale and a Xbox One sale. Selling H2A on the 360 would grant them money from that potential buyer.

I'm saying this because some people won't jump to the Xbox One but they would gladly buy H2A for their Xbox 360.

Well, some people won't buy the Xbox One so they loose a potential Halo 2 sale and a Xbox One sale. Selling H2A on the 360 would grant them money from that potential buyer.

I'm saying this because some people won't jump to the Xbox One but they would gladly buy H2A for their Xbox 360.

You are right but i think MS is willing to leave it at that. Dead Rising 3 could have been on 360 but they needed to have reasons to sell the xbox one.

Once again, releasing it on both systems would please all the three type of potential buyers: the ones that already have a Xbox One, the ones that don't have a Xbox One and the ones that wouldn't mind to buy a Xbox One for H2A.
They thing is that they are trying to convert as many people to the Xbone as possible, and don't care about pleasing people who would buy H2A for 360 if given the choice. It's part of a larger strategy to convert people to the new platform, not just "sell as many of this one game as possible."

For them it's more way, way more important to sell the new platform than keep users of the old platform happy.

Woorloog

Banned
You have to be boosting that shit. No one ever, and I mean EVER, has gotten a kill with a pulse grenade without boosting. It's never happened. Impossible.

I have a bunch of those kills, around a hundred if i recall correctly. Used to use Pulse 'nades quite a lot, then i switched to Plasmas for vehicle destruction. EDIT actually, not quite that many probably. How do i see my total weapon stats, not map/gametype specifics...
Fun and interesting 'nade but not very effective... good concept, flawed execution.

I want Spike Grenades back, the most fun grenades in any game.

EDIt why is the waypoint stats site so fucking bad? It doesn't show totals and the user interface is abysmal and un-intuitive.

I'm a big Halo fan but I won't buy one just to play H2A. If they do that I'm going to get pretty pissed.

Titanfall sells consoles, a Halo remake doesn't despite being a big franchise.
Based on what? I know about 7 people personally that have said they would buy a xbox one for it. You are completely underestimating the cultural impact Halo 2 had on people who are now in their early to mid 20s. That shit was THE HYPE when I was growing up.

H2A as a Xbone Exclusive is fine. Expecting a AAA title to have a release on a last gen console is borderline entitled. You didn't make the leap to next gen yet you can't expect the same experience as people who did. Incentive for moving to the Xbone is a major focus for MS and this isn't something exclusive to them. iOS stops allowing older phones new revisions. Sony don't release The Order 1886 on ps3.

Mistel

Banned
Oh yeah I wanted to post this when we were talking about Pulse Grenades earlier.
1mUGawi.png
You really do like to show off don't you... I've got none in multiplayer I think, I killed a crawler with one when I hit in the face. I would check but waypoint is crap.

Too bad the pulse grenade take some time to actually deploy and then explode. First time I saw I tought it would be a EMP grenade for vehicles.

Woorloog

Banned
Good thing they aren't EMPs. Would have fucked BTB even more than normal weapons damaging vehicles and Plasma Pistols being available at start.

And anyone got any idea how to get rid of sudden vertigo. Can't crouch or make sudden movements...

Woorloog

Banned
What map is Vertigo? EDIT oh, a DLC map i don't have.
The only maps i play (in practice) in Halo 4 are Ragnarok, Longbow, Meltdown, Exile, and Vortex EDIT and Settler. Complex is unplayable due to framerate in splitscreen mode*, as are any DLC BTB maps (how many there are of those anyway, 1?), not that i ever see them.

*Meaning we quit the game everytime the map comes up. And then the game tries to force us there again and again... I'll play it once you get rid of the goddamn framerate issues.

Mistel

Banned
What map is Vertigo?
The only maps i play (in practice) in Halo 4 are Ragnarok, Longbow, Meltdown, Exile, and Vortex. Complex is unplayable due to framerate in splitscreen mode*, as are any DLC BTB maps (how many there are of those anyway, 1?), not that i ever see them.

*Meaning we quit the game everytime the map comes up. And then the game tries to force us there again and again... I'll play it once you get rid of the goddamn framerate issues.
Vertigo is that map with the electricity pylon things? No idea how it plays like half the other dlc, it's non existent in matchmaking. Shatter and Wreckage are half decent dlc certainly better than meltdown and vortex. If there is other btb maps as dlc then I've not seen them once.

Is anyone else getting the new Wolfenstein?

Woorloog

Banned
I never get Shatter and Wreckage anymore. Shatter is unplayable in splitscreen, Wreckage just plain sucks, so either one isn't a big loss.
Still shitty i never see DLC maps despite owning them...

They thing is that they are trying to convert as many people to the Xbone as possible, and don't care about pleasing people who would buy H2A for 360 if given the choice. It's part of a larger strategy to convert people to the new platform, not just "sell as many of this one game as possible."

For them it's more way, way more important to sell the new platform than keep users of the old platform happy.

Based on what? I know about 7 people personally that have said they would buy a xbox one for it. You are completely underestimating the cultural impact Halo 2 had on people who are now in their early to mid 20s. That shit was THE HYPE when I was growing up.

H2A as a Xbone Exclusive is fine. Expecting a AAA title to have a release on a last gen console is borderline entitled. You didn't make the leap to next gen yet you can't expect the same experience as people who did. Incentive for moving to the Xbone is a major focus for MS and this isn't something exclusive to them. iOS stops allowing older phones new revisions. Sony don't release The Order 1886 on ps3.
No. A new iteration is different from a remake and I just told my opinion on why MS should release on the 360 aswell. I know they're not doing it and I know why but I don't agree with it.

Prioritizing support of their latest console over their last one upsets you?
Jesus.
Yes because it's a remake. I'm sorry if that upsets you but I have my reasons to dislike what they might do even though I totally understand it.

I never get Shatter and Wreckage anymore. Shatter is unplayable in splitscreen, Wreckage just plain sucks, so either one isn't a big loss.
Still shitty i never see DLC maps despite owning them...
Play Heavies. They show up frequently.

<3 Harvest (my favorite map in H4)

Booties

Banned
Vertigo is that map with the electricity pylon things? No idea how it plays like half the other dlc, it's non existent in matchmaking. Shatter and Wreckage are half decent dlc certainly better than meltdown and vortex. If there is other btb maps as dlc then I've not seen them once.

Is anyone else getting the new Wolfenstein?

Last time I bought a revamp of an old shooter it was duke nukem forever. Never again. I'd rather wait for the post-launch reviews.

JohnyRL

Banned
No. A new iteration is different from a remake and I just told my opinion on why MS should release on the 360 aswell. I know they're not doing it and I know why but I don't agree with it.

Yes because it's a remake. I'm sorry if that upsets you but I have my reasons to dislike what they might do even though I totally understand it.

Then there's no issue. I'd be upset too in your position. At least you understand their motive.

Woorloog

Banned
Play Heavies. They show up frequently.

<3 Harvest (my favorite map in H4)

I have always hated Heavies gametype, in Halo 3, Reach, and i won't ever even touch it in 4. For all my love of BTB, i don't like heavy vehicles, except the Wraith. EDIT that doesn't mean i won't use the tank or Mantis if i get it in BTB... They just trivialize the game completely.

FatMarshall

Neo Member
There was never a multiplayer map with the redrunner scheme, was there?

CsYGl.jpg

E6dnf.jpg

This area was neat

It's hard to appreciate the design of these maps when you're getting your ass kicked by Prometheans.

I believe the top one resembles the bottom of Solace just a tad bit, and while there's nothing I can really think of that's based off that Infinity environment, it would make for a great remake of Isolation. Sorta.

Woorloog

Banned
The original silhouette version of Reach poster is the best (the silhouettes are actually from the concept arts). The updated one (retail model silhouettes) is worse, and the one with details, not just silhouettes is the worst.
EDIT the one above is the original.

EDIT GODDAMN IT! Now i remember all the speculation who the Spartans were... what kind of plot and story Reach would have. All the speculation were better than what we got. FUCK!

IHaveIce

Banned
The original silhouette version of Reach poster is the best (the silhouettes are actually from the concept arts). The updated one (retail model silhouettes) is worse, and the one with details, not just silhouettes is the worst.
EDIT the one above is the original.

EDIT GODDAMN IT! Now i remember all the speculation who the Spartans were... what kind of plot and story Reach would have. All the speculation were better than what we got. FUCK!

Yep I was so excited when people said who they could be and we imagined what would happen in the game.

As soon as I knew we would play completely new chars and Spartan 3s I was so disappointed in Reach already..

Mistel

Banned
Last time I bought a revamp of an old shooter it was duke nukem forever. Never again. I'd rather wait for the post-launch reviews.
I like the setting and everything and I know I'll probably get a copy, but not from the start I'll see if it's any good before getting it.
Guardians of the Galaxy poster vaguely reminds me of Halo Reach
I only know Chris Pratt who looks far younger than he is and Vin Diesel is the tree looking guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom