• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistel

Banned
I best not post my Halo 3 vehicle montages then.
You might as well, I've not seen them and I wouldn't mind some nice vehicular action.
RJ2evPe.jpg

Anyone knows the author of this piece?
That is the cover of halo escalation #6, Sparth did it.

Nebula

You might as well, I've not seen them and I wouldn't mind some nice vehicular action.

I would but my friend changed his YouTube name to his real name. I'll ask him when he wakes up if I can post them.

Just had the most dodgy host change ever. Game wasn't lagging and it went blackscreen and 4 of our guys quit... We had the enemy team locked down at base and we had mid map, Mantis and a Banshee.

They ended up shitting on us right after and it was laggy as fuck so we couldn't fight back.

What the hell? Oh yeah, it's MS. Last gen doesn't matter anymore.

A remake won't sell more consoles.
I'd be surprised if the 360 version was just the retail version and the Xbox One version came with the Halo 5 Beta Invite inside the H2A Edition.

Oh shit. Megaton. Speedy hook me up meng!!!

Woorloog

Banned
I was thinking of Halo Wars and how fun the Covie hero units are. Remind me of Warcraft 3 and its hero units. As a whole, Covies were much more interesting in Halo Wars than the UNSC, units and style and all.

Wouldn't mind seeing the Vampire in Halo 5, in campaign if not in multiplayer (balance problem, and the Banshee has the combat flyer role in MP, what MP could use is an aerial transport). Just swap the Stasis Cannon to EMP gun, dropping enemy fighters without firing actual weapons is fun.

II SHABUTIE II

Neo Member
What the hell? Oh yeah, it's MS. Last gen doesn't matter anymore.

A remake won't sell more consoles.

I have friends that hardly play video games anymore. They know I still do and they know that I'm constantly keeping up with Halo. They all ask me about H2A and they all have their interests for XB1 peeked 100% more than they did before they knew about a potential H2A. It's not going to sell consoles like hot cakes, but it'll sure generate at least some interest. It'll also be purchased by basically every Halo fan that owns an XB1, considering it would be our only option for Halo on the console.

JohnyRL

Banned
I'm a big Halo fan but I won't buy one just to play H2A. If they do that I'm going to get pretty pissed.

Titanfall sells consoles, a Halo remake doesn't despite being a big franchise.

If they remake Halo 2 you're going to get pissed? Why?
Because it'l convince people to buy xbones?

Nebula

I have friends that hardly play video games anymore. They know I still do and they know that I'm constantly keeping up with Halo. They all ask me about H2A and they all have their interests for XB1 peeked 100% more than they did before they knew about a potential H2A. It's not going to sell consoles like hot cakes, but it'll sure generate at least some interest. It'll also be purchased by basically every Halo fan that owns an XB1, considering it would be our only option for Halo on the console.

Nice edit.

I'm watching you.

I'm sure it will move some units but it won't sell a large ammount of consoles.

If they remake Halo 2 you're going to get pissed? Why?
Because it'l convince people to buy xbones?
No. Because it won't be released on the 360.

Most of the old guard no longer posts, most of the newer guys have run out of things to discuss, so we're all just going in circles. How many here still actively play Halo 4? I've been playing pretty regularly for the past few weeks, I know ExWife, Tashi, Fuchsdh, Nebula, possibly Stormtrooper does. Aside from that, most of HaloGAF is/was playing TitanFall, CoD:Ghosts, Battlefield 4, LOL, Dota 2 etc.
You can put me on that list, but it's weekends only nowadays.

I'm a big Halo fan but I won't buy one just to play H2A. If they do that I'm going to get pretty pissed.

I dunno, I was just talking to a co-worker about waiting for the potential of a H2A console before getting a one... it's going to be a combination of games for pretty much anyone (people don't pay that much for just one game usually), but H2A is going to be huge incentive.

Karl2177

I honestly don't think I have that many splatters with all my ghost, warthog combined etc. I haven't used the mongoose much since Halo 3, feels almost useless in H4 with sprint + mobility. I'd feel like a sitting duck. Also, don't know how that one guy has 7k+ mongoose kills in that top 20 list.

Something that I noticed watching my roommates play Reach and 4 is that they avoid vehicles altogether, while in the other games, they are pretty much only looking for them. When they did get in vehicles, they got angry when they blew up. My conclusion was that when vehicles have a separate health model there has to be an indicator in the UI of what the the vehicle's health will be.

It's coming on the Xbox One. I don't understand why people think devs should still make games for the 360/PS3, they're old and outdated. I want Halo 2 Anniversary in 60FPS and 1080p (hopefully) not in 15-20FPS sub 720p.

Nebula

It's coming on the Xbox One. I don't understand why people think devs should still make games for the 360/PS3, they're old and outdated. I want Halo 2 Anniversary in 60FPS and 1080p (hopefully) not in 15-20FPS sub 720p.

900p seems to be the standard for Xbone atm.

Are you serious? Like really? I don't have to buy a console just to play a remake, makes no sense. Having both versions would be best.

Oh and devs should still make games on the old platforms, for at least 2 years.

Mistel

Banned
I would but my friend changed his YouTube name to his real name. I'll ask him when he wakes up if I can post them.

Just had the most dodgy host change ever. Game wasn't lagging and it went blackscreen and 4 of our guys quit... We had the enemy team locked down at base and we had mid map, Mantis and a Banshee. They ended up shitting on us right after and it was laggy as fuck so we couldn't fight back.
Lag does suck bad in 4, it does get to be a real nightmare when you are playing and attempting to do something only to be screwed by the matchmaking system. I hope this video has some nice chopper action and explosions....

Are you serious? Like really? I don't have to buy a console just to play a remake, makes no sense. Having both versions would be best.
It's highly unlikely that it will be released on the 360, it would make more sense to have a game on new hardware instead of the older one.

It's highly unlikely that it will be released on the 360, it would make more sense to have a game on new hardware instead of the older one.
How does it make more sense? They already have a fanbase created with the Xbox 360, making it the money maker for this game. Some people will buy a Xbox One just to play it but most won't. Lot's of them left the Xbox brand and went with a PS4 but still keep their 360's at home.

Two versions of this game would be best. One includes Halo 5 beta, the other doesn't (and not even talking about the perfomance differences).

Lag does suck bad in 4, it does get to be a real nightmare when you are playing and attempting to do something only to be screwed by the matchmaking system. I hope this video has some nice chopper action and explosions....

They can release it on 360 since it will be around for more years but they wont on purpose to try and temp some buyers to their new machine.

Something that I noticed watching my roommates play Reach and 4 is that they avoid vehicles altogether, while in the other games, they are pretty much only looking for them. When they did get in vehicles, they got angry when they blew up. My conclusion was that when vehicles have a separate health model there has to be an indicator in the UI of what the the vehicle's health will be.

it have to be that way on Halo 5, its so stupid seeing your vehicle gets destoyed because you are low of shields

Woorloog

Banned
Just bring back Halo 3 vehicle health system, ie actual vehicle damage is mostly cosmetic (except for Ghost and Banshee gun accuracy, can't recall damage affecting anything else in Halo 3 vehicles)

EDIT actually, the whole vehicle/anti-vehicle weapon balance was good in Halo 3. vehicles are powerful but the game also had very useful anti-vehicle weapons. A minor complaint is that the laser sometimes locked down the whole match since no one dared to use a vehicle but that should be relatively easy to solve with weapon placement and good maps, perhaps slightly nerfing the laser, if it is in.

How does it make more sense? They already have a fanbase created with the Xbox 360, making it the money maker for this game. Some people will buy a Xbox One just to play it but most won't. Lot's of them left the Xbox brand and went with a PS4 but still keep their 360's at home.

Two versions of this game would be best. One includes Halo 5 beta, the other doesn't (and not even talking about the perfomance differences).
They're going to make it for the shiny new console because it will help sell the shiny new consoles, which in turn will help them sell more games (for the shiny new console). They're not going to invest in making another version that basically undermines their new platform.

Fuchsdh

I agree, some of these areas had the best style/art in the game. One thing 343 did a solid job at was reimagining classic styles like the Forerunner buildings, etc. The area those screenshots are in is just beautiful.

Eh, I like the 343 Forerunner aesthetic in a lot of ways, but I think some parts were a little too much of a departure—such as the large number of circular architectural features. Also, I miss those hexagon doors and the surface pattersn—that's pretty much 'Forerunner' to me.

(Also the Sentinels got shafted in their redesign.)

What is arguable? That this is a halo thread or that gaf is a gaming forum/website?
Yes.
Pfft... bras.

Looking too deep into it. I own Fleshlight products.
Good for you man. Good for you. Get that practice for the real thing.
Let's play Halo 2 on XBC one of these days.

It's easy to set up and you can use your Xbox1 or 360 to play.
I just don't know you anymore..
Even though Halo 2 heralded the greatest fracture the Halo community has ever seen?
We're the Nazgûl of this community and Mk.V Master Chief is Sauron.
670px-Become-a-Master-Banshee-Pilot-in-Halo-Combat-Evolved-Step-5.jpg

Shows vehicle health.
351_Halo_PC_2_Banshee_tif_jpgcopy.jpg

Shows the health of your Gunner/Passenger.

The amount of things CE did well that weren't replicated in later games is astonishing.

EDIT:
Oh and devs should still make games on the old platforms, for at least 2 years.
You're out of your got damn mind, son.

Woorloog

Banned
Vehicle and gunner health in Halo CE were wonderful, and not having them in Halo 2 and later was/is baffling.
EDIT that said, changing the vehicle health system for Halo 2 probably affected the former at least (the vehicle health being tied to the driver's health, making the vehicle health meter a tad redundant), in Halo CE human vehicles (in campaign) are invulnerable and Covie vehicle health are not tied to the driver's health.
EDIT missing the latter was shitty. Seriously, show the passenger shield meter, it is not that difficult!

Mistel

Banned
They can release it on 360 since it will be around for more years but they wont on purpose to try and temp some buyers to their new machine.
If they do decide to release it on the 360, it would probably more towards the end of the life span so more people as you say are tempted to the new console.
I need more, it's so nice... I miss this sort of vehicle gameplay. I hope they bring back vehicle health and gunner health too, it's a nice feature to have.

Halo 4 sentinels were pretty neat I thought... I was also ok with most of the forerunner architecture. I wish the metals were a bit "shinier" though. Since Halo CE it seems none of the metal surfaces are nearly as pristine/reflecty. Same goes for covenant vehicles and armor.

EDIT missing the latter was shitty. Seriously, show the passenger shield meter, it is not that difficult!

hahahah, frustrating isn't it? Doesn't make any sense..

CE is the red-headed, bastard stepchild of this franchise that was great to those who experienced it, but apparently was shit to those who created/cared for it.

They're going to make it for the shiny new console because it will help sell the shiny new consoles, which in turn will help them sell more games (for the shiny new console). They're not going to invest in making another version that basically undermines their new platform.
Once again, releasing it on both systems would please all the three type of potential buyers: the ones that already have a Xbox One, the ones that don't have a Xbox One and the ones that wouldn't mind to buy a Xbox One for H2A.

EDIT:
You're out of your got damn mind, son.
I meant 2 years max. You don't abandon your former product fanbase just for the sake of it. Apple still supports the iPhone 4, MS still supports (but soon won't) Windows XP. You can't please everyone with your new product but you still can make them spend money on their current system. I'm not saying they should make games exclusively for the 360 but releasing content alongside Xbox One. Not everything needs to be released on the 360 but you can't just forget your older system just because.

I'm just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom