• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
LoL got him
The amount of friends I've lost to this game..
Is there still a 3 year-limit to how far ahead you can subscribe to gold for?

I remember there used to be one. Right now I think I'm subbed till 2017 for Gold.

and that reminds me my PS+ sub runs out next month, any specials going on for PS+ right now?
lol you do this a lot.. Throw out something about a Microsoft product, then talk about its competition as if it balances things out. We allllllllllll know you don't use your competitor Sony/Nintendo/fleshlight/Ouya devices.

I still think Speedy is the child or "cleverly" sad act of a Microsoft employee.

lol you do this a lot.. Throw out something about a Microsoft product, then talk about its competition as if it balances things out. We allllllllllll know you don't use your competitor Sony/Nintendo/fleshlight/Ouya devices.

I still think Speedy is the child or "cleverly" sad act of a Microsoft employee.

How can he be this diabolical and manipulative if he can't even have an energy drink?

GAF has become so stale.

> I complain about 343
> juniors aren't disillusioned yet
> Unknown says something about CE, fights with oddwun
> hey guys speedy is shill huehuehue
> insert random posts about anything else
> No halo info ever

can we get a bit of variety

Homeboyd

HaloGAF has become so stale.

> I complain about 343
> Unknown says something about CE, fights with oddwun
> No halo info ever

FTFY

What more would you expect from a Halo thread on a gaming forum site? Even with Halo news, still won't be a lot of variety. Would recommend browsing other threads or even other websites if that's what you're looking for.

FTFY

What more would you expect from a Halo thread on a gaming forum site? Even with Halo news, still won't be a lot of variety. Would recommend browsing other threads or even other websites if that's what you're looking for.

i browse mutiple threads but i always come back to HaloGAF. /r/halo is terrible and i cannot for the life of me use Bungie's new site or go back to GameFAQS.

Woorloog

Banned
Not sure what you expect from HaloGAF. Even if there were Halo news, discussion would boil down to people arguing over a small point again and again and again or something like that. (In other words, business as usual)

Madness

Well, if you go by the other community threads, most of the people there actually PLAY the game out. So you can't really say HaloGAF is stale, people have just moved on. You could say HaloGAF is dormant.

Most of the old guard no longer posts, most of the newer guys have run out of things to discuss, so we're all just going in circles. How many here still actively play Halo 4? I've been playing pretty regularly for the past few weeks, I know ExWife, Tashi, Fuchsdh, Nebula, possibly Stormtrooper does. Aside from that, most of HaloGAF is/was playing TitanFall, CoD:Ghosts, Battlefield 4, LOL, Dota 2 etc.

CyReN

i browse mutiple threads but i always come back to HaloGAF. /r/halo is terrible and i cannot for the life of me use Bungie's new site or go back to GameFAQS.

You just kinda wandered over here after the perm ban from Beyond, noticing more and more people not liking you here with the obnoxious posting style. Think it's more you than others at this point.

That's me though.

Woorloog

Banned
Well, if you go by the other community threads, most of the people there actually PLAY the game out. So you can't really say HaloGAF is stale, people have just moved on. You could say HaloGAF is dormant.

Well, it seems there's something to talk about other games in addition to people playing them. There are still HaloGAFers who play Halos but what's there to talk about them?
(I'm not sure what's there to talk about most other games either really... Many games don't seem to require any strategy, or have extensive meta-games, or events like tournaments. But it could be just me who doesn't have anything to say about... stuff)

Nebula

I could start talking about the mongoose again and posting vids of me splattering people.

Not really, I'm saving clips for my montage now

GreyWind

RJ2evPe.jpg

Anyone knows the author of this piece?

Woorloog

Banned
I could start talking about the mongoose again and posting vids of me splattering people.

Not really, I'm saving clips for my montage now

My friend splattered someone with a Mongoose with very, very low speed. I was amazed, sometimes people don't get splattered even when hitting them at full speed (especially with Ghosts, but others as well)

I'm actually in the same boat as you.

The latest news about halo has been:

* Halo: Escalation #6 Spirit of Fyre comes back.
* Neil Blomkamp to be directing Halo Tv rumor
* Halo 2 Anniversary Rumors
* Sneak Peak Concept Art from a Halo project.

We're coming close to another thread, and I don't even know how that's possible. I like HaloGAF, but it's kind of ridiculous at this point. Next thread shouldn't be made until Halo 2 Anniversary is officially announced imo.

How can he be this diabolical and manipulative if he can't even have an energy drink?
81760-because-its-all-part-of-the-pl-DhTL.gif

GAF has become so stale.

> I complain about 343
> UNKNOWN says something about CE, destroys oddwun
> No halo info ever

Some minor adjustments. Where we disagree though is the excitement of it all ;]

People get angry at shitty posters like that zoojoo fellow from the past, but I find it all.. interesting? We're all just shitty people, living out our shitty lives, posting about a shitty franchise on a shitty website. It's all shitty, so grab 4 girls, some paintbrushes and a blank canvas for some magical moments that will be remembered.
Arguable.
Well wu tang Is for the children
Your finest post.
..aside from the ones where you talk about Halo Wars.
..and Mary Jane Watson.

Halo-4-Terminal-7-Midnight-2.jpg

In some area's like this bit of the final level I thought that it was detracting from the overall environment:
Is that the area you have to hold down while all the stupid robot dogs swarm? Did not like that segment at all, especially with the ones that you can't see on the walls sniping you.

Pfft... That memory you guys have. :p That was when I was 16, I'm 17 now brahs.

Looking too deep into it. :p I was just asking if there was a sale going on for PS+, since there's one going on for XBL, and I actually need to renew my PS+ now. Even if I don't use the PS4 much, the free Vita and PS4 games are cool enough for me and enough reason to stay subscribed.

All my Vita games are free from PS+, lol. Thank god PS+ is a good service. I don't like it much, but I appreciate it. :)

I don't own Nintendo or Fleshlight products. Unless you count the 3DS.

The fucks an "Ouya"?

17 and his parents buy him every console and spend thousands for his avatar to get new clothes.

I had to work around that age to afford cigarettes and beers. Saving a little for months to eventually buy an xbox with halo

Speedy is living large.

JohnyRL

Banned
Worst no-travel travel experience ever.
Expecting a charter flight at 1 pm, airport gives a load of bull excuses and false hope departure and arrival times.
Group I'm with is pissed.
We wait at the airport for literally the entire day before it closes at night. Its too late to find local transportation that can take us all (90+ people) to a hotel or in. They tell us to come back tomorrow for 11.
Stuff eventually works out. I spent the night alone in the most disgusting room I've ever slept in.
Come back tomorrow for 11, more bullshit. Wait at the airport until 5 pm. I call a cab and a few of my buds and I decide to leave as the trip was gonna be cancelled.
The cab literally breaks down. Fortunately we're near a mechanic.
We get a call from some of the guys who are still at the airport who say the plane is legitimately on its way this time (the local tower got the O.K. for a landing).
We take another cab back.
Its 7. We wait two hours and nothing.
I rage-quit and go home.

OT: Halo. Aviation, um.
Map the banshee bomb to B again.

Because we had a steady stream of Halo news, and most people in this thread were excited for the future. What have we even been discussing for the past 6 months lol
This kinda stuff apparently
Worst no-travel travel experience ever.
Expecting a charter flight at 1 pm, airport gives a load of bull excuses and false hope departure and arrival times.
Group I'm with is pissed.
We wait at the airport for literally the entire day before it closes at night. Its too late to find local transportation that can take us all (90+ people) to a hotel or in. They tell us to come back tomorrow for 11.
Stuff eventually works out. I spent the night alone in the most disgusting room I've ever slept in.
Come back tomorrow for 11, more bullshit. Wait at the airport until 5 pm. I call a cab and a few of my buds and I decide to leave as the trip was gonna be cancelled.
The cab literally breaks down. Fortunately we're near a mechanic.
We get a call from some of the guys who are still at the airport who say the plane is legitimately on its way this time (the local tower got the O.K. for a landing).
We take another cab back.
Its 7. We wait two hours and nothing.
I rage-quit and go home.

BigShow36

I'm playing Halo 1 for the first time in about six months and I'm reminded yet again of how amazing the campaign is. It can't just be nostalgia, but I also have a hard time really articulating why I like it. It and Halo 3 are the only campaigns I really enjoy replaying.

Because no other campaign has matched the feeling of being isolated and alone on an alien structure so well. You also feel powerful. The sounds, the pacing, and the style all contribute to the magic of CE and it has yet to be recreated.

343 needs to just announce Halo 2 Anniversary and save HaloGAF.

Even though Halo 2 heralded the greatest fracture the Halo community has ever seen?

Woorloog

Banned
Let's play Halo 2 on XBC one of these days.

It's easy to set up and you can use your Xbox1 or 360 to play.

Wat. Xbone can run Halo 2? EDIT OMG, you meant OG Xbox... fucking Microsoft and their naming system...

Halo 2 Vista exists as well, but i guess many HaloGAFers don't have it (i don't have console version anymore).

I'd like to play some Halo Wars someday.

CyReN

Wat. Xbone can run Halo 2?

Halo 2 Vista exists as well, but i guess many HaloGAFers don't have it (i don't have console version anymore).

I can play H2V if we setup a date, don't own a 360/OG Xbox anymore.

Wat. Xbone can run Halo 2? EDIT OMG, you meant OG Xbox... fucking Microsoft and their naming system...

Don't blame me. Blame Microsoft's awful naming scheme.

I'm down to play PC version too.

Nebula

My friend splattered someone with a Mongoose with very, very low speed. I was amazed, sometimes people don't get splattered even when hitting them at full speed (especially with Ghosts, but others as well)

I have a Mongoose Daytage full of low speed splatters. Reverse splatters are my favourite though. Especially if someone was tailing you for a good 10-20 seconds.

Mistel

Banned
Is that the area you have to hold down while all the stupid robot dogs swarm? Did not like that segment at all, especially with the ones that you can't see on the walls sniping you.
I believe it is that level was full of crawlers with binary rifles, I thought that encounter was poorly done especially on higher difficulties, the crawlers have a rushing nature that doesn't help as cover is already limited.

I have a Mongoose Daytage full of low speed splatters. Reverse splatters are my favourite though. Especially if someone was tailing you for a good 10-20 seconds.
Very nice, why don't you do this stuff when you play with me :(, some people's aim at ludicrously close range with one hit kill power weapons is awful...

17 and his parents buy him every console and spend thousands for his avatar to get new clothes.

I had to work around that age to afford cigarettes and beers. Saving a little for months to eventually buy an xbox with halo

Speedy is living large.
I have a job bro, and regularly work like 20 hours a week. I buy my own video games and food, and pay my cell-phone bill. :p I asked my parents to let me try being independent, and they've let me since I was 16 when I got a job.

Most of the old guard no longer posts, most of the newer guys have run out of things to discuss, so we're all just going in circles. How many here still actively play Halo 4? I've been playing pretty regularly for the past few weeks, I know ExWife, Tashi, Fuchsdh, Nebula, possibly Stormtrooper does. Aside from that, most of HaloGAF is/was playing TitanFall, CoD:Ghosts, Battlefield 4, LOL, Dota 2 etc.

I only plays fridays and saturdays now which kinda bad since I played most of the week in dominion.
I think there raised the % to encounter more DLC maps?

Speedy is living large.

And maybe he is Mexican or cuban but he doesnt know.

m23

I have a job bro, and regularly work like 20 hours a week. I buy my own video games and food, and pay my cell-phone bill. :p I asked my parents to let me try being independent, and they've let me since I was 16 when I got a job.

I respect that. Seriously, good for you. There are way too many stupid, spoiled kids nowadays.

Madness

I honestly don't think I have that many splatters with all my ghost, warthog combined etc. I haven't used the mongoose much since Halo 3, feels almost useless in H4 with sprint + mobility. I'd feel like a sitting duck. Also, don't know how that one guy has 7k+ mongoose kills in that top 20 list.

Woorloog

Banned
I blame a high CSR with a ton of games played. Not so many blind people in the upper CSR rankings.

Just how much effect does CSR really have on the MM? I have almost 50 (EDIT 49) in BTB yet 90% people i get to play with are awful.
Of course.. how much does having a guest screw the skill-matching? (As noted before, i play almost always in splitscreen with a guest)

Because no other campaign has matched the feeling of being isolated and alone on an alien structure so well. You also feel powerful. The sounds, the pacing, and the style all contribute to the magic of CE and it has yet to be recreated.

Even though Halo 2 heralded the greatest fracture the Halo community has ever seen?
I wouldn't mind if 343 would try to recreate that feeling again with Halo 5. Most certainly would welcome it back.

-----
Also,

Remember when I posted about my little nephew who was 5 playing Halo 4 with me, Gaf? Well he enjoyed it a lot and perhaps it's his favorite out of the other Halos I had tried to get him to demo with the original trilogy and Reach. He liked playing them but got bored or lost his sense of direction. When I bought Halo Anniversary finally I wanted him to give it a try to see how he reacts to the HD version vs CE + H2,3,ODST, & Reach. He played it for about two levels. But in both levels he would get sorta bored, lost, and then shoot me with Magnum (lol). I was right next to him to help direct him to the right path towards our objective. But eventually I could tell that he had some difficulties adjusting to each weapons, movement, and levels.

While comparing his playthrough experiences with each Halo game he was hooked onto playing Halo 4. Why? It's not the accessibility. It was how 343 designed each Waypoint to pinpoint the objectives in your HUD (and the level designs being linear) but I'd say it was mainly how the team used the Lighting in each level that gives the player(s) his/or her sense of direction and attention to their full potential.

Ora

Banned
Pfft... That memory you guys have. :p That was when I was 16, I'm 17 now brahs.

Looking too deep into it. :p I was just asking if there was a sale going on for PS+, since there's one going on for XBL, and I actually need to renew my PS+ now. Even if I don't use the PS4 much, the free Vita and PS4 games are cool enough for me and enough reason to stay subscribed.

All my Vita games are free from PS+, lol. Thank god PS+ is a good service. I don't like it much, but I appreciate it. :)

I don't own Nintendo or Fleshlight products. Unless you count the 3DS.

The fucks an "Ouya"?

Didn't you trade you ps4 for a ps3 or am I imagining seeing that?

Woorloog

Banned
Gotta say Halo 4 campaign is easy to navigate. which is a good thing in a relatively linear shooter like Halo series is. Not a fan of constant waypoints (i'd prefer them to be time delayed if people don't find their way otherwise) really but that's a minor thing.
EDIT but i never got lost in other entries to the series... Bungie was good at communicating direction too. Usually, aside from few points, usually related to Flood levels (Library, Cortana, Quarantine Zone)

Nebula

Just how much effect does CSR really have on the MM? I have almost 50 (EDIT 49) in BTB yet 90% people i get to play with are awful.
Of course.. how much does having a guest screw the skill-matching? (As noted before, i play almost always in splitscreen with a guest)

I think having a guest with you might widen the pool of acceptable players but I'm not entirely sure. CSR does have some effect on who you match, depending on population at the time.

Mistel

Banned
I blame a high CSR with a ton of games played. Not so many blind people in the upper CSR rankings.
I'm not surprised, at points I thought you would have died and you just kept on going. My CSR isn't that much different from yours, still my single road trip seem like a hollow victory now, showoff :p.

CSR is really hit and miss even when solo, it never seems to find equal people really in my experience.

Woorloog

Banned
I think having a guest with you might widen the pool of acceptable players but I'm not entirely sure. CSR does have some effect on who you match, depending on population at the time.

Well, regardless of that, matches were one undermanned team steamrolls the other is not acceptable (seriously, we had a game that was 400-100 in 5 minutes or so, and we didn't start with a full team unlike the enemy).

Nebula

I'm not surprised, at points I thought you would have died and you just kept on going. My CSR isn't that much different from yours, still my single road trip seem like a hollow victory now, showoff :p.

CSR is really hit and miss even when solo, it never seems to find equal people really in my experience.

I best not post my Halo 3 vehicle montages then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom