• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

daedalius

I think I had it with Halo 4. I try to play this game as long as I can but I can't handle this game anymore.

I'm sick of the damn ordinance drops because depending on the luck of the draw the whole other team will have SAWs or beam rifles. The odds of winning with random people are very slim.

I can't even enjoy BTB because all it is now it duck and cover game from long distance. Since everyone has DMRs and LR of cores and aim assists in this game ridiculous. You can't even drive a vehicle around with the other team not having a plasma grenade or a Plasma pistol. Loadouts was a good idea at the time but leave it for customs -.-... I know everyone hates Halo 4 but I enjoined it while I can but I think I hit my breaking point. I probably will only get on for customs...
My rant for today...

Any good games out there to play online? Or should I just wait until I get next gen?

Btb is kind of a shit show right now, loadouts and everyone having a plasma pistol doesn't help at all. It used to be my favorite playlist in 3, reach's dmr made me never go there, and halo 4 has the plasma junk and perks, etc.

That said, it can be fun sometimes; as long as you manage to not get infinity.

gAg CruSh3r

I play big team battle quite often ordnance has made so many matches agony to play it's too unfair.

As for the light rifle and DMR I've found that most players do not use a BR I've had games, where i'm the only one using it it dominates quite a lot only if you're out of view of sniper fire.

I don't think some of the players even know how to use a BR effectively.

Yeah, that's all I ever use in BTB. Whenever I can get into those mid range battle I usually slaughter the other player. I wish the BTB maps where more Mid range battles then very open long range battles. I miss Headlong :(..

Btb is kind of a shit show right now, loadouts and everyone having a plasma pistol doesn't help at all. It used to be my favorite playlist in 3, reach's dmr made me never go there, and halo 4 has the plasma junk and perks, etc.

That said, it can be fun sometimes; as long as you manage to not get infinity.

My favorite was Halo 2 for BTB that's all I ever played. The Maps in BTB was very well designed and the BR was king. Halo 3 was good for BTB, Reach was very different because of the DMR and bloom, and Halo 4 was okay with out infinity sometimes because even with the preset loadouts they had the plasma pistol in the Carbine loadout.

Fotos

My favorite was Halo 2 for BTB that's all I ever played. The Maps in BTB was very well designed and the BR was king. Halo 3 was good for BTB, Reach was very different because of the DMR and bloom, and Halo 4 was okay with out infinity sometimes because even with the preset loadouts they had the plasma pistol in the Carbine loadout.

Worst decision ever. If that's in Halo 5 I have no hope.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Nobody else got the heart to tell you. You trace. You go around the lines. You are a tracer, ok?

You think Fat Albert had a tracer? NO! Bill Cosby did the whole thing with a roller and it was excellent!

;)

lol I thought the same shit

Tawpgun

Look at this nerd in the middle with the glasses

stream2_660.jpg

That GIF implies you guys are welcoming though. Fix this.

RU3zoGD.gif

EDIT: Tashi, quit jizzing during AGL streams.

My mouse and keyboard are starting to get that slippery feeling from all the usage and I'd really like to eliminate it or at least clean it up some before it gets even worse. I've got a mechanical keyboard and a gaming mouse with a rubberized texture. Is there a certain product that works best? What are the best methods and tools for cleaning them?

Caayn

Yes all good, submitted fine. The free surveys handle unlimited entries where the monthly subscriptions of $10-$20 p.m. only allow 1,000 entries. So for a confirmation page I'll have to pony up $180. If we crack 1,000 I'll do that but it's a little messed up on the confirmation page features. KwikSurveys suited the job and is about the only decent survey system with unlimited entries for free, exit page sucks as an advert though.
What, so they gave the free version better options than the payed version. That's some powerful logic right there.

This is too much fun...
Just need to get rid of the cape. What's with the sudden capes in Halo o_O.

Fuchsdh

Interesting seeing everyone flip out about the YouTube content ID stuff including Halo chaps. Wonder how it will pan out (dunno if specifically Halo content has gotten tagged though.)

Mistel

Banned

I think this GIF is better:
GhaleonEB-nade01.gif.html

Yeah, that's all I ever use in BTB. Whenever I can get into those mid range battle I usually slaughter the other player. I wish the BTB maps where more Mid range battles then very open long range battles. I miss Headlong :(..

Plasma pistols should be on map spawns never at spawn for a player same as plasma nades.

All I play in halo is BTB it is a shame no lessons where learned from reach in regards to long range battles and the DMR.

In halo 4 I can pretty much hold mid range by myself with a pistol and battle rifle, I don't use turrets much as I used to unless I can get one easily.

It's a shame I always liked using them especially against bad vehicle crews support weapons have sucked since reach more me most of the time.

Plasma pistols should be on map spawns never at spawn for a player same as plasma nades.

All I play in halo is BTB it is a shame no lessons where learned from reach in regards to long range battles and the DMR.

In halo 4 I can pretty much hold mid range by myself with a pistol and battle rifle, I don't use turrets much as I used to unless I can get one easily.

It's a shame I always liked using them especially against bad vehicle crews support weapons have sucked since reach more me most of the time.

The 6 years of BTB between CE and Halo 2 are unmatched IMO. Halo 2 maps <3

Halo 3 BTB was an inconsistent mess because of the poor netcode in combination with that spotty BR. Reach/H4 BTB lol..

It's almost like Bungie went into Halo 3 thinking "Hmm, how can we screw up BTB? Let's remove hitscan from the BR and make more spread, let's also make the vehicles even stronger but we'll balance this by making the PP EMP effect (good decision) and Power Drain (poor decision)." Overall though, H3 BTB could've been much better with a better foundation of gameplay mechanics. For example, Standoff in Halo 2's sandbox would've been more fun, and this is coming from a guy who would barely die in a Warthog thanks to the Bubble Shield in combination with GODLIKE WHEELMAN SKILLS. B]

Halo's multiplayer maps haven't really been solid since CE/H2.

It's hard to make a "good" map with shitty base gameplay and conversely, easier to make a good map with good base gameplay.

100% agree. Take any Halo 3 map and it'll play leagues better in CE, for example (granted some adjustments were made to account for movement/jumping).

EDIT:
So what do you guys think about CliffyV's new game being a classic arena shooter?

Hyped. Hopefully it gets ported to consoles but I won't hold my breath.. Unreal Championship was TEH PR0N on XBL.

Mistel

Banned
The 6 years of BTB between CE and Halo 2 are unmatched IMO. Halo 2 maps <3

Halo 3 BTB was an inconsistent mess because of the poor netcode in combination with that spotty BR. Reach/H4 BTB lol..

It's almost like Bungie went into Halo 3 thinking "Hmm, how can we screw up BTB? Let's remove hitscan from the BR and make more spread, let's also make the vehicles even stronger but we'll balance this by making the PP EMP effect (good decision) and Power Drain (poor decision)." Overall though, H3 BTB could've been much better with a better foundation of gameplay mechanics. For example, Standoff in Halo 2's sandbox would've been more fun, and this is coming from a guy who would barely die in a Warthog thanks to the Bubble Shield in combination with GODLIKE WHEELMAN SKILLS. B]

Halo's multiplayer maps haven't really been solid since CE/H2.

Vehicle mechanics are also a big aspect of BTB that halo 4 (mantis) and reach both neglected especially vehicular combat

Avalanche and rats nest are decent BTB maps that don't suffer from the long range issue that newer maps have.

The turbo BR is alright though not as good as the halo 2 one but it's better than the sans hit scan halo 3 one.

Vehicle mechanics are also a big aspect of BTB that halo 4 (mantis) and reach both neglected especially vehicular combat

Avalanche and rats nest are decent BTB maps that don't suffer from the long range issue that newer maps have.

The turbo BR is alright though not as good as the halo 2 one but it's better than the sans hit scan halo 3 one.

Bungie got into origami with Reach but they never really got the hang of making beautiful swans.

Karl explain please

Hey remember when Nowise did the same thing and people gave him shit for it?

How else would you have stopped my Warthog? Lock-on Rockets or a Missile Pod? HA!

9e6GNcMm.jpg

I actually checked this against the Reach Brute and aside from the face being a lot flatter, IMO it's not as huge a change as the grunt or jackal was.
NONyK4u.jpg

Interesting, just shrink the upper part of the skull on the new Brute, add some fur and it would look a lot better. Also, I would prefer if the eyes looked more gorilla like.

So... Apparently 343 wanted to bring back Narrows, in a cancelled DLC map pack..

941_max.jpg

It was in development at Digital Extremes.
Artist's page : CGHub

(Is it old info, maybe?)

Well, too bad they didn't make it, but at the same time it may come back for Halo 5, so it might be for the better if the game plays better.

Agreed, I really loved Anniversary but the atmosphere felt different due to some of the visual changes. Sometimes for the better but sometimes for the worse.

On a side note, sideshow's Master Chief just started shipping. It looks fantastic
IMG_5011_zpsf735e66c.jpg

and for size ref

I need this.

The flood looks better in spartan assault than Halo 4

halo%20spartan%20assault%20xbox%20one%20cinematic%20still%2002.jpg

Good to see the Flood still have a chance to look good.

I was convinced that had to be from early on in the game.. what a mistake. :lol

Just saw Fyrewulff's tweet from earlier...

The Arbiter, our current Arbiter, Vadam now looks like this :

Thel_2558.png

From Halo Escalation.

Hmmm, I like.

So on the topic of comic art. In Escalation we have:

* Halo 3 Brute Captains
* Halo 4 Elites
* Halo 4 Grunts
* Halo 3 Jackals
* Halo Wars Brute Chieftan
* Halo 1-3 Banshees
* Some Covenant vessels I don't think we've seen except for Halo Wars cutscenes and the Genesis tie-in comic. Also, 'dat Ascendant Justice love:

tIcGW00.png

It's a pretty good read thus far, of course they cut the issue right in the middle of everything. For those who complain about the UNSC being fascist goons, at least they kind of admit they were a dick to Arby.

Also, the lone Promethean Knight in the comic looks like Ghost Rider. Oh wells.

Any chance you can share pictures of the art from Halo Escalation? I would love to see what the art direction looks like for the different species/vehicles.

Fuchsdh

Interesting, just shrink the upper part of the skull on the new Brute, add some fur and it would look a lot better. Also, I would prefer if the eyes looked more gorilla like.

Well, too bad they didn't make it, but at the same time it may come back for Halo 5, so it might be for the better if the game plays better.

I need this.

Good to see the Flood still have a chance to look good.

I was convinced that had to be from early on in the game.. what a mistake. :lol

Hmmm, I like.

Any chance you can share pictures of the art from Halo Escalation? I would love to see what the art direction looks like for the different species/vehicles.

I'll make some caps tonight. People are pretty squirrelly but the aliens and vehicles are definitely rendered better.

Striker

How else would you have stopped my Warthog? Lock-on Rockets or a Missile Pod? HA!
Which Warthog? EMP stun is terrible, just like it was for adding a stun and lock-in for hijacking a vehicle, introducing a Spartan Laser to counter OP vehicles, and bringing in the Banshee bomb. Things like that killed BTB to me.
Map design and gametype mechanics are another issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom