• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuchsdh

So on the topic of comic art. In Escalation we have:

* Halo 3 Brute Captains
* Halo 4 Elites
* Halo 4 Grunts
* Halo 3 Jackals
* Halo Wars Brute Chieftan
* Halo 1-3 Banshees
* Some Covenant vessels I don't think we've seen except for Halo Wars cutscenes and the Genesis tie-in comic. Also, 'dat Ascendant Justice love:

tIcGW00.png

It's a pretty good read thus far, of course they cut the issue right in the middle of everything. For those who complain about the UNSC being fascist goons, at least they kind of admit they were a dick to Arby.

Also, the lone Promethean Knight in the comic looks like Ghost Rider. Oh wells.

Madness

Forgot about that. The Armor makes more sense now. If he's that high of a rank again than I doubt we will be able to play as him in Halo 5. Unless something significant happens that causes him to be on the front lines again.

It's almost guaranteed he'll be part of the story. Jul M'Dama and the evil covenant are in power again, have Halsey with them, and half of the Janus key. It's obvious they want to restore the Covie religion/hierarchy, get revenge against UNSC/Brutes.

Plus from the trailer, we've seen this new emotional Chief has gone rogue. He's off somewhere, Cortana chip in hand, broken helmet.

So it's looking like we'll have Palmer/Lasky/UNSC/Infinity against Jul/Halsey, and they'll probably bring in Arbiter to stop this before the 'peace ends'. Plus Didact and Forerunners out there.

I said it a few months back, we're definitely going to be playing as Palmer in Halo 5, especially with the way they are pushing her down our throats, with games like Spartan assault, the novels, the comics, etc.

Fotos

It's almost guaranteed he'll be part of the story. Jul M'Dama and the evil covenant are in power again, have Halsey with them, and half of the Janus key. It's obvious they want to restore the Covie religion/hierarchy, get revenge against UNSC/Brutes.

This reminded me of that Elite in Spartan Ops that had all the dog tags on his armor. I really wish they kept him.

Tzeentch

Seriously WTF is with 343 and Palmer? Does anyone really like her? They are really trying to get us to.
She's the lead designers waifu or something.

Better get used to their hard sell trying to make her "cool" if Spartan Assault is anything to go by (paraphrasing one mission: "They said it would take a million days to take that position. Palmer did it in four hours.")

Well, doing a cover like that would take forever to do if you went through the entire comics run. Levi's comic took a year not including the time he spent before releasing it online.

But yeah, even in the realm of comic art Halo's presentation has been spotty and could be better within reason. If I were 343 I would find a guy who had the chops and try and keep him in house, but I figure it's probably not financially viable considering how long it takes these comics to gestate and come to fruition.

1684335-kingdom_come_1600x1200+%25281%2529.jpg

She's the lead designers waifu or something.

Better get used to their hard sell trying to make her "cool" if Spartan Assault is anything to go by (paraphrasing one mission: "They said it would take a million days to take that position. Palmer did it in four hours.")

I always suspected it was Kiki Wolfkill's imagining of a strong female character. Why they had to turn a strong existing female character into a war criminal, I'm not quite sure...

daedalius

Yea those are pretty rad too, 3rd one is a painting as well.

Also a painting, which is also awesome.

I admit, I don't have much knowledge of comic art as I don't really read them much, more of a novel + pictures kinda guy.

So on the topic of comic art. In Escalation we have:

It's a pretty good read thus far, of course they cut the issue right in the middle of everything. For those who complain about the UNSC being fascist goons, at least they kind of admit they were a dick to Arby.

Also, the lone Promethean Knight in the comic looks like Ghost Rider. Oh wells.

Will buy when it comes in a full book.

Also a painting, which is also awesome.

I admit, I don't have much knowledge of comic art as I don't really read them much, more of a novel + pictures kinda guy.

The comic have the same quality on their story pages and not just the cover, I dont understand why Microsoft hired Darkhorse comics if they can look for better artists out there.

blamite

ODST Beta?

This looks better than just about every piece of armor in H4.

The DLC armor from the champions bundle actually looks pretty great looking, just goes to show you get much better results using 343's own artists than by outsourcing everything. Imagine if H4's multiplayer had level/environment design as good as it's campaign? Especially the second half of SpOps.

Fuchsdh

ODST Beta?

This looks better than just about every piece of armor in H4.

The DLC armor from the champions bundle actually looks pretty great looking, just goes to show you get much better results using 343's own artists than by outsourcing everything. Imagine if H4's multiplayer had level/environment design as good as it's campaign? Especially the second half of SpOps.

Armor starts veering a bit too close to Japansese mecha for me but there's no doubt the materials treatment looks much nicer than Halo 4's. I've realized that a lot of the designs aren't half-bad, but their integration on the character models and materials are what really kill them.

Interesting rotational playlists coming. Wonder what Ninja Assasins will actually entail, glad we're getting an all-DLC list.

Interested to see Japanese people play Halo.

daedalius

The comic have the same quality on their story pages and not just the cover, I dont understand why Microsoft hired Darkhorse comics if they can look for better artists out there.

Yea, I think I have that book actually. That guy is great.

I don't know, just because you find an amazing artist doesn't mean they have time in their schedule or a good price to commit the kind of time a big comic book like the one above is.

They probably hired Darkhorse because people will buy it, it looks like a comic, and they got a good deal out of it.

Fuchsdh

Yea, I think I have that book actually. That guy is great.

I don't know, just because you find an amazing artist doesn't mean they have time in their schedule or a good price to commit the kind of time a big comic book like the one above is.

They probably hired Darkhorse because people will buy it, it looks like a comic, and they got a good deal out of it.

There's also that "ongoing" nomenclature. If they're going to run a Halo comic series indefinitely, they need someone who's going to stick around and who can commit to the long term.

There's also that "ongoing" nomenclature. If they're going to run a Halo comic series indefinitely, they need someone who's going to stick around and who can commit to the long term.

Halo comics dont past further than 6 volumes.

I wish they release those comics around here at least in Monster editions

gAg CruSh3r

I think I had it with Halo 4. I try to play this game as long as I can but I can't handle this game anymore.

I'm sick of the damn ordinance drops because depending on the luck of the draw the whole other team will have SAWs or beam rifles. The odds of winning with random people are very slim.

I can't even enjoy BTB because all it is now it duck and cover game from long distance. Since everyone has DMRs and LR of cores and aim assists in this game ridiculous. You can't even drive a vehicle around with the other team not having a plasma grenade or a Plasma pistol. Loadouts was a good idea at the time but leave it for customs -.-... I know everyone hates Halo 4 but I enjoined it while I can but I think I hit my breaking point. I probably will only get on for customs...
My rant for today...

Any good games out there to play online? Or should I just wait until I get next gen?

I think I had it with Halo 4. I try to play this game as long as I can but I can't handle this game anymore.

I'm sick of the damn ordinance drops because depending on the luck of the draw the whole other team will have SAWs or beam rifles. The odds of winning with random people are very slim.

I can't even enjoy BTB because all it is now it duck and cover game from long distance. Since everyone has DMRs and LR of cores and aim assists in this game ridiculous. You can't even drive a vehicle around with the other team not having a plasma grenade or a Plasma pistol. Loadouts was a good idea at the time but leave it for customs -.-... I know everyone hates Halo 4 but I enjoined it while I can but I think I hit my breaking point. I probably will only get on for customs...
My rant for today...

Any good games out there to play online? Or should I just wait until I get next gen?

Haha, lots of us Halo fans are at that point, you will be okay.

I was going to suggest Battlefield 4, but then I noticed you said "online" and those servers are always down.

But that's a game you'd probably wanna wait until next gen for anyways because it's vastly superior with the higher player count.

That's pretty much all I've been playing online, BF4 and Killer Instinct...

gAg CruSh3r

Haha, lots of us Halo fans are at that point, you will be okay.

I was going to suggest Battlefield 4, but then I noticed you said "online" and those servers are always down.

But that's a game you'd probably wanna wait until next gen for anyways because it's vastly superior with the higher player count.

That's pretty much all I've been playing online, BF4 and Killer Instinct...

I think I really like that idea. I just might buckle up and get a Xbox one sooner then I thought. I don't know tho because I wanted to wait until Titan Fall because I bet they will have some type of Titan Fall XBO. I do really like Killer instinct and BF4 tho too.. Hmm ... I need to think about it ...

Edit: There is no XBO edition of Titan Fall...well I would get it at the same time then lol.

Mistel

Banned

My rant for today...

I play big team battle quite often ordnance has made so many matches agony to play it's too unfair.

As for the light rifle and DMR I've found that most players do not use a BR I've had games, where i'm the only one using it it dominates quite a lot only if you're out of view of sniper fire.

I don't think some of the players even know how to use a BR effectively.

As for Palmer can we team up with the flood and kill her in the next halo game Kat was a better female character by miles.

Tzeentch

As for Palmer can we team up with the flood and kill her in the next halo game Kat was a better female character by miles.
Nah. They're getting pretty desperate to make her awesome. Expect her to save Chief at some point in the next Halo. Probably with Chief hanging from a crumbling Forerunner doomsday construct and then SUDDENLY out of nowhere there's Palmer on a Pelican with her arm outstretched. But then Chief loses his grip and falls ...
... AND IS CAUGHT BY PALMER OMG THAT WAS A CLOSE ONE. CUE MUSIC.

Mistel

Banned
Nah. They're getting pretty desperate to make her awesome. Expect her to save Chief at some point in the next Halo. Probably with Chief hanging from a crumbling Forerunner doomsday construct and then SUDDENLY out of nowhere there's Palmer on a Pelican with her arm outstretched. But then Chief loses his grip and falls ...
... AND IS CAUGHT BY PALMER OMG THAT WAS A CLOSE ONE. CUE MUSIC.

It is nice to have a female lead in the series but Palmer isn't the character for it, I dislike her as a character she just seems hollow as a character.

Why not have another Spartan II like Linda or Kelly as characters instead of Palmer I found them more relatable than I did Palmer and at a bit of a stretch dare.

Ozzy Onya A2Z
not so deadly cattle

I thought the steaktacular was an alright joke :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom