• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

HTupolev

Shit, this thread needs to cleanse its palette.

Here's a picture of Sargeant Stacker and his good friend Mister Hunter.

o8bwc7x.png

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Oh my fuuuccckkkkk. I can barely handle that. I have no idea what I'd do if I did that. Probably go into some form of shock.

So, if the bone is sticking out what is the plan? I mean the tip isn't going to regrow over it right? Skin graft or whatever?

Lol sausage fingers.

Bio foam patches, fresh dressings and time.

Madness

Yeah, I saw Frank had the white limited edition Xbox One when he posted his setup in the next gen thread.

Just holding my 360 controller right now, the exact area Frank sliced is what presses slightly into the back of the controller. And that's where the bone is sticking out.

You should have tried to get them to fuse that tip back on Frank, maybe see if there was any way with plastic surgery, that it could have been saved or stitched back, just so you had the appearance of it back. Though if the cut is less than the length of the fingernail they usually don't go through the hassle. Get well soon though.

Mistel

Banned
I sketch stuff quick as shit but those flood doodles had no underlying anatomy sketchy stuff done. They were just straight-up outlines. All extra time lets me do is add in colors, refine anatomy and lineart, etc.

Those two took about an hour and two hours, respectively.

The bottom set of images (mobile gaf didn't quote them) look like they are insect based is the armor augmented chitin? Giant insect drones would be cool.

Funknown I hate to ruin your co-op plan but
guilty spark is now a ship, the UNSC found him and he hijacked their ship to go look for the librarian
. Also what's wrong with having the spec ops elites from 3 back the claret and blue guys?

I think if I did that to one of my fingers I would of either screamed, burst into tears and passed out maybe all three. The white Xbone is nice much better than the standard ones.

Vico

Damn Frankie.
Hope you recover soon.

Funknown I hate to ruin your co-op plan but
guilty spark is now a ship, the UNSC found him and he hijacked their ship to go look for the librarian

This could be one hell of a great Halo level.
Traversing the ship controlled by Guilty Spark while he's getting crazy.

It's a floodiefied Halo 4 Gears of War Elite. The right arm is just a big beefy flood talon and the left one is biomass grafted into a Plasma Repeater.

And I don't think they're bad, per se, but that literally represents like... ten minutes' worth of work.

Jackals and Grunts aren't used as flood material because there isn't enough biomass there for the purpose.

which doesnt make sense considering Grunts are pretty beefy and jackals... well that makes more sense. weird bird aliens.

Shadders

Jesus Frank, that looks awful..

I cringed about 6 times scrolling down the page every time I saw the image.

Maybe the skin will heal around the bone and you'll have a little bit of bone poking out.. that'd have to be useful for something.

Mistel

Banned
Damn Frankie.
Hope you recover soon.

This could be one hell of a great Halo level.
Traversing the ship controlled by Guilty Spark while he's getting crazy.

Make it a hog run along and around the ship that would be great especially if their is flood and covenant there.

Jackals and Grunts aren't used as flood material because there isn't enough biomass there for the purpose.

which doesnt make sense considering Grunts are pretty beefy and jackals... well that makes more sense. weird bird aliens.

Grunts where used by the flood in halo wars not sure about jackals, though their avian properties means would probably use just the biomass from them.

This gif is appropriate to Stinkles finger
tumblr_m57jb43tqc1r5jtugo1_250.gif

Caayn

Was cutting salami with a brand new Shun knife. I suddenly felt a disturbing change in the texture of the cut. Looked down and then came the geyser.

no pain at first, but now the nerves are growing...

and yes, I ate the salami.
o_O Hope your finger recovers soon.

Look at it on the bright side at least you can flip people off and claim it was because you wanted to show them your wound :p
Too soon? :(
That white 920 (?) and white Xbox One controller look stunning together. So nice. I'm jealous.
Ppffeww so I was not the only one who noticed that and looked past his finger.
Perfect

NEvNE4C.png

Player 1: Master Chief -- Feels like he normally does. (Mario)
Player 2: Arbiter -- Faster movement, higher jump. (Toad/Luigi)
Player 3: Palmer -- Can use AA's (Campaign only). (Peach)
Player 4: 343 Guilty Spark -- Hacking minigames to unlock paths, can set waypoints, SmartGlass integration, etc. (4p co-op only)

I'm still waiting for that PM Frankie. Open up a small NY studio or something.
That's one of the worst things I have read for gameplay ideas.
Caution: gross images.
Heilige scheiße. Jesus.

Make it a hog run along and around the ship that would be great especially if their is flood and covenant there.

Grunts where used by the flood in halo wars not sure about jackals, though their avian properties means would probably use just the biomass from them.

The floodgrunts in Wars does not match up with the rest of the series at all. or pre-established canon.

Vico

I was actually thinking about the opposite.
A slow-paced level, walking through the dark ship full of electricity problems. And facing puzzle-like obstacles and not fighting that much. Somme sort of Halo Dead Space, with flood infesting the ship, but the main enemy would be the one we're talking about in spoilers.

My weird top-left Flood thing would be two Jackals that got smushed together for dual energy shields and enough biomass.

Fuchsdh

NEvNE4C.png

Player 1: Master Chief -- Feels like he normally does. (Mario)
Player 2: Arbiter -- Faster movement, higher jump. (Toad/Luigi)
Player 3: Palmer -- Can use AA's (Campaign only). (Peach)
Player 4: 343 Guilty Spark -- Hacking minigames to unlock paths, can set waypoints, SmartGlass integration, etc. (4p co-op only)

I'm still waiting for that PM Frankie. Open up a small NY studio or something.

You know I can see everyone saying that's stupid, and to a degree it is... but from what I've read about Fable Heroes, I think there's something kind of cool about using Smartglass as a way to extend the gameplay beyond what's on screen--especially on the Xbox 1 where you can use direct Wifi to eliminate a lot of the lag.

What if player 4 or 5 could actually modify the setups of enemies in different encounters to mix things up for the players? Try rushing them with Sword elites or giving a FRG to some hard-to-hit Grunts in the back? There's a lot of potential for enemies and allies, you just have to make sure it's a persistent enough experience that people actually want to do it.

Oh god. I feel like seeing that would freak me out a tad.

Also, I hope the salami was good! :lol

Blood sausage is best sausage.

Grunts and Jackals weren't turned into combat forms in the first game because Bungie ran out of dev time so they handwove some fictional reason. There's no real reason they *couldn't* turn them into Combat forms but I guess if there are better forms available the smaller bodies are better for just raw biomass.

Heal faster Frankie.

Madness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWS9shLEIzQ

Was watching this video of what happens to the members of Noble Team, now a lot of people said they never felt anything for them, didn't know them long enough or well enough, but this is what I meant about Marty being such an expert at his use of music in the games. The changes in music, the themes, it's what makes the scenes a bit more impactful.

That's why I like that Jinnouchi is now their in-house composer, he can work the music into the game much better. Even though I played both campaigns the same, I can't recall much of, if any music for Halo 4, or where it was used, save for the trench run and the end credits.

Mistel

Banned
I was actually thinking about the opposite.
A slow-paced level, walking through the dark ship full of electricity problems. And facing puzzle-like obstacles and not fighting that much. Somme sort of Halo Dead Space, with flood infesting the ship, but the main enemy would be the one we're talking about in spoilers.

Like the library but dark and in space with puzzles sounds like a nightmare ,add in the biomass design from Cortana the best results.
Spark may be similar to mecident bias and ally with the flood in his quest for the librarian, maybe he infects the ship with infection forms?

As for noble team I only liked Jorge and Jun out of the NPC team members.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWS9shLEIzQ

Was watching this video of what happens to the members of Noble Team, now a lot of people said they never felt anything for them, didn't know them long enough or well enough, but this is what I meant about Marty being such an expert at his use of music in the games. The changes in music, the themes, it's what makes the scenes a bit more impactful.

That's why I like that Jinnouchi is now their in-house composer, he can work the music into the game much better. Even though I played both campaigns the same, I can't recall much of, if any music for Halo 4, or where it was used, save for the trench run and the end credits.
Marty's music helped that Kat's death scene felt more awkward. And when was the last time you listened to the Reach's OST. Spoiler alert: It's pretty boring to listen to.

Fuchsdh

Marty's music helped that Kat's death scene felt more awkward. And when was the last time you listened to the Reach's OST. Spoiler alert: It's pretty boring to listen to.

I listen to it a lot. I think Reach's OST got a lot of unjustified flak from people when it came out (myself included.) It's certainly not boring.

God dammit guys stop embedding the image we don't need three pages of Frank's finger. He'll never be able to reach the eighth chords again!

why do you guys keep quoting those pictures? lol.

so what's the consensus on spartan assault for xbox one? seems like some people are saying it's not worth 15 bucks.

Mistel

Banned
I listen to it a lot. I think Reach's OST got a lot of unjustified flak from people when it came out (myself included.) It's certainly not boring.

God dammit guys stop embedding the image we don't need three pages of Frank's finger. He'll never be able to reach the eighth chords again!

Reach's ost was better that most of four's though apart from the kazuma's stuff. For example tip of the spear and overture where two good tracks.

Plus Frankie's finger is kinda gross does it need to keep getting quoted, see above monsters inc gif.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom