• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madness

Hot or cold blooded dinosaurs then? just covering all the bases :p Feathers are the way forward i still cant believe people ignore their existence.

Probably because for a LONG time they've been depicted as featherless and that all major pop culture depictions of them have shown them as featherless?

It's going to be tough having people get the idea of a T-Rex that looks like Godzilla chasing a jeep and replacing him with a feathered chicken/ostrich type creature lol.

Plus, most feathered designs I've seen do look ridiculous. Maybe the next major depiction will be more scientifically accurate. A lot of kids growing up today who've never seen Jurassic Park, so maybe for their generation it'll be better.

'Cause they look ridiculous is why.

I've seen some kick ass pictures of feathered dinos.

example:
SgSJk.jpg

Mistel

Banned
I've seen some kick ass pictures of feathered dinos.
example:
SgSJk.jpg

Who could deny this looks cool much better than no feathers?

Probably because for a LONG time they've been depicted as featherless and that all major pop culture depictions of them have shown them as featherless?

It's going to be tough having people get the idea of a T-Rex that looks like Godzilla chasing a jeep and replacing him with a feathered chicken/ostrich type creature lol.

Plus, most feathered designs I've seen do look ridiculous. Maybe the next major depiction will be more scientifically accurate. A lot of kids growing up today who've never seen Jurassic Park, so maybe for their generation it'll be better.

Hopefully Jurassic world improves on the accuracy of the portrayal for the dinosaurs displayed in the film, but better education wouldn't hurt anyone really science in general.

I personally believe it would vary between species, or possibly a hybrid of the two. I doubt any were flat out cold blooded like todays reptiles.
Blame that on bad paleoart where the artists don't understand feathers and make dinosaurs look like mangey turkeys.

It is hard to tell with fossils aspects of the living creatures internal systems due to lack of preservation, for larger dinosaurs such as sauropods warmed blood is more likely same applies to some therapoda in general. Waiting in the sun to warm up is just impractical for large body mass animal.

Who knew how easy it is to distract Halogaf with dinosaurs.

Mistel

Banned
Iguana-jackals get "cousins" Iguana-skirmishers... God i hate the jackal and grunt redesigns

What is the explanation for the strange design? Sub species seems a bit of a stretch for jackals. I dislike the grunt design as well what happened to their mouths, and the respirator is a cool idea but looks odd where it is.

What is the explanation for the strange design? Sub species seems a bit of a stretch for jackals. I dislike the grunt design as well what happened to their mouths, and the respirator is a cool idea but looks odd where it is.

just redesigns. or 343 said something about sub-species...

the respirator mask makes sense because ALL they breathe is methane. there was no real reason to change that design aspect of the game.

there was no real reason to change any of the designs, its just change for the sake of change. and kind of a kick in the stomach to the original work and the fans that care about the deeper parts of the games.

they make some good points about annual franchises. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45ovwcBbaqY

Mistel

Banned
just redesigns. or 343 said something about sub-species...

the respirator mask makes sense because ALL they breathe is methane. there was no real reason to change that design aspect of the game.

there was no real reason to change any of the designs, its just change for the sake of change. and kind of a kick in the stomach to the original work and the fans that care about the deeper parts of the games.

they make some good points about annual franchises. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45ovwcBbaqY

The rubber band analogy they make certainly applies to reach and four in general, too much changed in respect to the previous games resulting in depopulation of the games. Change for the sake of change is bad, if your not improving on past errors see covenant redesigns.

Skirmishers are a branch family from another moon and nearly went extinct on the Reach invasion so they couldnt be used again from later battles just to be used on Bungie's Reach history.

New grunts design was about the recent creation of the Storm renegade elites group who gathered elites unaware the war is over and other species from different planets and the lack of tech they lost because the humans stole all the engineers so those are "Storm grunts" design.

Its change for the sake of change. there's no reason to try to defend it.

am I defending something?

Skirmishers are a branch family from another moon and nearly went extinct on the Reach invasion so they couldnt be used again from later battles just to be used on Bungie's Reach history.

New grunts design was about the recent creation of the Storm renegade elites group who gathered elites unaware the war is over and other species from different planets and the lack of tech they lost because the humans stole all the engineers so those are "Storm grunts" design.

The Jackal comment is for 4 exclusively.
Its change for the sake of change. there's no reason to try to Rationalize it.

to put it in so many words, 343 changed all these things to distance themselves from Halo and Bungie; so they could present their vision for "halo". needless changes.

Happy Halodays everyone! <3 Hope you all get The One gift you've been wanting all year, and have a wonderful day, that hopefully leads to a wonderful 2014.

I love you all.

Except that one guy

Ora

Banned
Hahaha. :p I did that on purpose to see if anyone caught it, glad someone did. Nah not a shill, just poking fun at the fact that I got perma-banned for 6 hours because I was mistaken for a Microsoft Shill back during E3.

You owe slutPoison and Stalker handies for saving you.

gAg CruSh3r

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays HaloGAF! I hope everyone had a fantastic Holiday season and please be safe in any traveling this year!

Also, I'm getting a Xbox One for Christmas! I will have BF4, DR3, Ryse, and KI. Let me know if you want me to add you to my friends list. I need to clean out my friends list to make more room for new ones :).

Ora

Banned
slutPoison, is that you? Have you finally returned?

That dude's wavering emotional issues had me thinking I accimentally made him an hero or something.

Maybe he was just dealing with a lot of personal issues at the time and just recently found his way through them?

Seems plausible. Heard he's got some bad ass tats since then too.

Fuchsdh

Well I'm up at 1am because I completely killed my cake for Christmas and had to scratch it and start over. Goddamn baking is unforgiving.

Happy holidays to everyone.

Maybe he was just dealing with a lot of personal issues at the time and just recently found his way through them?

Seems plausible. Heard he's got some bad ass tats since then too.

I heard he was complaining about tourists. May have just been a rumor though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom