• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like it if they reintroduced the Skirmishers again in Halo along with their og jackal cousins that aren't mini godzilla looking aliens.

Edit: H4 jackals look awkward imo

8RCXmtG.jpg
294px-20652_314009395671_8072133_n_(1).jpg

Baby Godzilla from the 1998 remake.

wwm0nkey

Godzilla 1998, that movie killed my childhood and then it was just executed when Megaman Legends 3 got canned.

Seriously, fuck that movie.

Fuchsdh

294px-20652_314009395671_8072133_n_(1).jpg

Baby Godzilla from the 1998 remake.

Everyone gives 1998 Godzilla crap, but I liked that design because it felt more like an actual animal. Old (and I guess New) Godzilla just looks like a giant wobbling tower of obese lizard.

(What was stupid is how you could possibly lose a 100 foot tall creature in a city.)

Godzilla 1998, that movie killed my childhood and then it was just executed when Megaman Legends 3 got canned.

Seriously, fuck that movie.

Everyone gives 1998 Godzilla crap, but I liked that design because it felt more like an actual animal. Old (and I guess New) Godzilla just looks like a giant wobbling tower of obese lizard.

(What was stupid is how you could possibly lose a 100 foot tall creature in a city.)
Yeah I get the hate, but I enjoyed the watch too :[

I love big monster movies in general. <3 Cloverfield (the movie was great and the mysterious setup pre-release was extremely well done)

Mentioned this before, but I didn't like how they were homogenized into like one 'species' just different sizes. Similar structures, skin, etc. Just felt like a small, medium, large version of the same race instead of separate an distinct races united by a religion.

Here's hoping with the next game they really make each Covenant species distinct again in a sense.

Agreed. Halo 4 really did a poor job making each species more unique, but rather had the opposite effect. That said, I will applaud the level of detail they put into each species even if its not a direction I enjoyed.

Godzilla 2014's design proves the old school design does translate well:

ixcc7wTARIClw.gif

YRjOSwN.jpg

Mistel

Banned
Hey funkown I read that write up wow, is only way to sum it up it sounds great. I love the anniversary art style so pretty.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

Oh....I see

By modern standards, 2014 Godzilla strikes me as obviously reptilian, but with proportions closer to that of a bear. I think it works fine because it conveys a level of scale that real terrestrial animals don't ever reach: a t-rex ripoff probably wouldn't work at the estimated 120-140m new Godzilla is supposed to be. Having a design that's "pudgy" and more often than not standing upright seems a little more structurally integral imo.

I mean, think about it: if you were a nuclear waste monster the size of a bulding, wouldn't you rather have some extra muscle and fat to keep your bones / organs properly sanctioned rather than trying to be a realistically bird-boned dinosaur and break your legs the second you start a modest jog?

Fuchsdh

Agreed. Halo 4 really did a poor job making each species more unique, but rather had the opposite effect. That said, I will applaud the level of detail they put into each species even if its not a direction I enjoyed.

Godzilla 2014's design proves the old school design does translate well:

ixcc7wTARIClw.gif

YRjOSwN.jpg

Eh, doesn't to me, still looks like a guy in a suit.

Oh....I see

I don't know what this meeeaaaans

belushy

Banned

Yeah I like 98 Zilla's design. I wish they would do another movie with that design.

Roland Emmerich has never made a worthwhile movie, with the maybe-sort-of-kind-of exception of Universal Soldier.

And before anyone says Independence Day, no.

Stargate.

Because without it, the much better TV show would've never been made!

Imagine how much better the movie might have been with someone other than Kurt Russell giving one of his weakest performances ever. It was like he showed up on set and was like, "hey, I'm Kurt. This is my emo face. Put me where you want me."

rip speedy! I'm giving out two codes for Halo 4 iHeartRadio T-Shirts for your eggsbawcks threesitty avatars. One male, one female, respectively. First come, first serve.

24CVQ - 2W6WX - VM99P - V6F64 - DT6GZ

J79JR - W7Q43 - 6TXY7 - 3DCXP - M9JJZ

Fuchsdh

Roland Emmerich has never made a worthwhile movie, with the maybe-sort-of-kind-of exception of Universal Soldier.

And before anyone says Independence Day, no.

GAF has refuted you.
Imagine how much better the movie might have been with someone other than Kurt Russell giving one of his weakest performances ever. It was like he showed up on set and was like, "hey, I'm Kurt. This is my emo face. Put me where you want me."

Yeah, I will forever applaud whoever looked at that stoic, sad sack of Russell's acting and said "let's replace him with a wise-cracking Macgyver."

That aside, the only things that really bother me about the film are the slow kid (mostly just him dying in the end) and a few scenes that shoulda' zipped along. It's not the greatest film ever but it still has a little more heart and brain that what we usually get with blockbusters. And, of course, the show that followed was kick-ass.

If you haven't played RHR in Halo 4, pop in the disc and give it a whirl. 'Tis fun.

GAF has refuted you.

Yeah, I will forever applaud whoever looked at that stoic, sad sack of Russell's acting and said "let's replace him with a wise-cracking Macgyver."

That aside, the only things that really bother me about the film are the slow kid (mostly just him dying in the end) and a few scenes that shoulda' zipped along. It's not the greatest film ever but it still has a little more heart and brain that what we usually get with blockbusters. And, of course, the show that followed was kick-ass.

If you haven't played RHR in Halo 4, pop in the disc and give it a whirl. 'Tis fun.

What's strange is that the dialog that Richard Dean Anderson got was pretty darn similar in content, but he actually understood that movies/tv are supposed to be entertaining. So things that just seemed like Russell being sad and bored are repeated almost verbatim at points during SG-1 and Anderson makes it into a House-esque sarcastic joke during a serious situation to lighten the mood a little. The best is when Teal'c doesn't get it and it just leads to more great dialogue.

Ahh, good times.

What's strange is that the dialog that Richard Dean Anderson got was pretty darn similar in content, but he actually understood that movies/tv are supposed to be entertaining. So things that just seemed like Russell being sad and bored are repeated almost verbatim at points during SG-1 and Anderson makes it into a House-esque sarcastic joke during a serious situation to lighten the mood a little. The best is when Teal'c doesn't get it and it just leads to more great dialogue.

Ahh, good times.

Fuck SyFy for ending the shows. SG1 was fucking good, though I understand that it's time has come. Atlantis was pretty good, some people hated it, I liked it, i think it left us too soon. SGU was a POS that ripped off Battlestar Galactica in tone and style but, they ended the show on a cliffhanger, that's like the kiss of death for your fandom.

Fuchsdh

Fuck SyFy for ending the shows. SG1 was fucking good, though I understand that it's time has come. Atlantis was pretty good, some people hated it, I liked it, i think it left us too soon. SGU was a POS that ripped off Battlestar Galactica in tone and style but, they ended the show on a cliffhanger, that's like the kiss of death for your fandom.

My issue is that I didn't like any of the characters. If I don't like anyone on the damn show you have to have excellent writing to actually make me care (for my money only Mad Men has been able to pull this off fairly consistently.)

The only episode I really enjoyed of SGU was "Time". Everything else was forgettable.

If you pretend SG1 basically ends with S8 I'd consider it overall the most consistently quality sci-fi show out there.

Mistel

Banned
My issue is that I didn't like any of the characters. If I don't like anyone on the damn show you have to have excellent writing to actually make me care (for my money only Mad Men has been able to pull this off fairly consistently.)

The only episode I really enjoyed of SGU was "Time". Everything else was forgettable.

If you pretend SG1 basically ends with S8 I'd consider it overall the most consistently quality sci-fi show out there.

This was my issue with SGU I disliked the characters and I watched quite a bit of it bad story as well. Time was the one with Daniel Jackson in it wasn't it. Kurt Russel in Stargate was a shame especially compared with his other roles as MacReady and Pliskin that I liked.

If the halo tv series is as good and as consistent as SG-1 was I can see it going far.

daedalius

Well the controls for spartan assault on the xbone I have to say are very much improved from the win 8 version with a controller.

I wasn't much of a fan of the touch controls on my surface either.

Also wtf is up with those flood spores that latch onto you and you can't use the armor ability to get them off, argh!

heckfu

Banned
Well the controls for spartan assault on the xbone I have to say are very much improved from the win 8 version with a controller.

I wasn't much of a fan of the touch controls on my surface either.

Also wtf is up with those flood spores that latch onto you and you can't use the armor ability to get them off, argh!

I kind of wish that that the controls were more similar to I Made A Game With Zombies In It to where the right joystick shot when moved to a direction. Pressing the right trigger plus aiming with the right joystick just feels foreign to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom