• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistel

Banned
Sounds like you could snipe a guy in the chest and drop his shields or shoot him in the head for a 1-hit-kill. What a departure.

I mean it's no worse than the binary rifle hit anywhere to kill, lots of games probably have the same mechanics as the sniper rifle does in halo, for long range weapons.

I mean it's no worse than the binary rifle hit anywhere to kill, lots of games probably have the same mechanics as the sniper rifle does in halo, for long range weapons.
Well, it's obviously not that, what would be the point of a precision damage modifier when you can one-hit kill anywhere on a player model?

I just burst out laughing while writing this post because Wahrer's remix is playing in the background and just gets hilarious 3 minutes in.

For some reason it reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3C82Q5I80U

Ora

Banned
Junior Member, yet strangely familiar.

name.gif

if you wanna

Mistel

Banned
Well, it's obviously not that, what would be the point of a precision damage modifier when you can one-hit kill anywhere on a player model?

I just burst out laughing while writing this post because Wahrer's remix is playing in the background and just gets hilarious 3 minutes in.

For some reason it reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3C82Q5I80U

Does the binary rifle deal enough damage so it is comparable with a sniper headshot on the body? It is surprisingly strong anti vehicular as well.

A halo soundtrack by Ennio Morricone would be amazing so would daft punk as well just keep kazuma and do it as a collaboration.

Sub zero the untouchables is from 1987 though?

:lol

they're "trumpet wah" samples. So, Price is Right failure sound, but recorded by a professional company meaning I have roughly 5 or 6 octaves' worth of them.

EDIT: I know who Ora is, but he's a cool dude so I'm not outing him.

Fair enough. I hate myself, because I don't get new samples, i just use the default instruments, and fix it in the mix.

EDIT: HOLY SHIT.

Fuchsdh

bj1pK.gif

And yeah, brass has to be the most cringe-inducing sampled instrument. Really hard to find ones that sound good in their actual range, let alone pitched.

Really digging the Spartan Assault soundtrack. There's a lot of touches to classic Halo themes as well as one or two that could fit in alongside Reach's score.

Sounds like you could snipe a guy in the chest and drop his shields or shoot him in the head for a 1-hit-kill. What a departure.

dat Bungie PR atwerk

Gather the mindshare of the masses and you shall dominate the world. I like to think Halo fans are savvy to "fluffy" PR talk, so the minute 343 mentions how the Camo AA will work in Halo 5 because reasons, I believe/hope they'd be flooded with posts about why it wouldn't.

Nowise10

Alright, can someone tell me if I'm missing something, or is it literally impossible to send game invites on the Xbox One?

I want to play Forza 5 with my friend, so I go and start up a private lobby. No invite option noticeable in the lobby, so I just start looking everywhere. I ended up going to my car, and clicking "Car options" and their was a tab called "Invite party". Okay, 1: Why is this supposed invite button, in my car settings? 2: This invites your friends to your Xbox LIVE party. It doesn't invite the party to the game, so my friend who is in my party doesnt even receive any notification. Their is no game invite option anywhere on any of the Xbox One menus or when you view someones profile.

Then its the same thing with Battlefield. You can't send invites out, but the game will send one out to anyone in the party with you if the party is tied to Battlefield. Now, why the fuck are parties tied to games!? It makes no logical sense, and only causes major inconveniences. Now to make things even more annoying: Say im playing Battlefield, and someone in my party is also playing it, anytime that friend begins a new game, a giant notification will pop up on my TV asking if I want to join, halting the game. It so ridiculous.

I just want to play games with my friends. This is such a fucking mess and it is absolutely ridiculous.

Madness

I think pretty much every Halo fan at this point knows what works and what doesn't. I mean leading up to the launch of Halo 4, a few people were excited about global weapon spawns, how it would switch up robotic gameplay, make it dynamic etc.

But it's pretty much known now giving people customizable loadouts breaks some aspect of the game (plasma grenades, plasma pistol, boltshot), giving people Armor Abilities like jetpack break maps and flow, global spawn messes up map layout and creates unfairness, instant respawn creates chaos for spawn points and team balance.

I just cannot see a game which harkens back to Halo CE, Halo 2 and even Halo 3 at points, failing. I mean even Halo fans aren't playing the latest games. So even if it's not number 1 or captures the CoD crowd, you still have the loyal community.

I'm not even that good, but give me equal starts, faster movement, on map weapons, no bloom, no armor Abilities, no perks, no loadouts, no sprint, and ranked playlists so I have something to work towards.

I think pretty much every Halo fan at this point knows what works and what doesn't. I mean leading up to the launch of Halo 4, a few people were excited about global weapon spawns, how it would switch up robotic gameplay, make it dynamic etc.

But it's pretty much known now giving people customizable loadouts breaks some aspect of the game (plasma grenades, plasma pistol, boltshot), giving people Armor Abilities like jetpack break maps and flow, global spawn messes up map layout and creates unfairness, instant respawn creates chaos for spawn points and team balance.

I just cannot see a game which harkens back to Halo CE, Halo 2 and even Halo 3 at points, failing. I mean even Halo fans aren't playing the latest games. So even if it's not number 1 or captures the CoD crowd, you still have the loyal community.

I'm not even that good, but give me equal starts, faster movement, on map weapons, no bloom, no armor Abilities, no perks, no loadouts, no sprint, and ranked playlists so I have something to work towards.

Good points. Halo hasn't really provided me with a quality launch experience for years, but I've still yet to convert to CoD.

Halo fans don't sleep.. they wait.

Cow

This.
I have so many friends in hibernation waiting for Halo to go back to this style. Every time we catch up and Halo pops up in conversation they all start complaining about how the very essence of Halo multiplayer has been trashed in the last two instalments. I'm glad that I agree with them, but at the same time we all find it so frustrating that we are unable to make a difference and it's unlikely (for some ridiculous reason) that Halo will go back to its roots as it should.

It's not just my select group of friends either that share this opinion, you see it all over the internet and even when I talk to randoms it's all pretty much the same. People want Halo back.

dat Bungie PR atwerk

Gather the mindshare of the masses and you shall dominate the world. I like to think Halo fans are savvy to "fluffy" PR talk, so the minute 343 mentions how the Camo AA will work in Halo 5 because reasons, I believe/hope they'd be flooded with posts about why it wouldn't.

All I'm saying is that I don't think Destiny will be as grand a departure from Halo-style multiplayer as some seem to be expecting. I suppose it's all subjective though, I didn't think Reach was a terribly far departure either, so take that for what you will. At least with Destiny, people can't blame Bungie for ruining Halo anymore, they can just say they don't like it and go about their business.

Good points. Halo hasn't really provided me with a quality launch experience for years, but I've still yet to convert to CoD.

Halo fans don't sleep.. they wait.
I've always said I'm more of a fan of Bungie than Halo, but I'm open to Halo games that can espouse the same spirit, and feature the same action-intense game play as Bungie's previous efforts. I just don't think Halo 4 did that.

Madness

All I'm saying is that I don't think Destiny will be as grand a departure from Halo-style multiplayer as some seem to be expecting. I suppose it's all subjective though, I didn't think Reach was a terribly far departure either, so take it for what you will. At least with Destiny, people can't blame Bungie for ruining Halo anymore, they can just say they don't like it and go about their business.

It's barely even going to resemble Halo pre-Reach. Different classes with special abilities, upgradeable weapons, sprint, insta-kill melee knife, dash/slide, aim down sights, etc.

I think it's going to resemble Reach with levels like Boneyard and Spire that had large spaces and verticality.

Asking people to not complain is asking a bit much, since most people dying to play the game are Bungie/Halo fans.

It's barely even going to resemble Halo pre-Reach. Different classes with special abilities, upgradeable weapons, sprint, insta-kill melee knife, dash/slide, aim down sights, etc.

I think it's going to resemble Reach with levels like Boneyard and Spire that had large spaces and verticality.

Asking people to not complain is asking a bit much, since most people dying to play the game are Bungie/Halo fans.
I suppose the difference between it and something like Halo 4 is that you'll be able to actually play Destiny for free before it releases and get a feel for how things work in the game and decide if it's something you like before ever buying it. If you don't think Bungie deserves any benefit of the doubt, I would say you're probably not a fan anymore at this point.

Mistel

Banned
Hired N00bs going the extra mile on that Bungie PR.
Should team up with speedy for the double team PR combo :p.

I'm not sure what I think about destiny I mean it's bungie but so is reach i'm still willing to give it a go though. Hopefully it gives me my borderlands fix till the next one comes out / fallout 4 is released.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I came in here to post about the new Destiny thread and I see that you all have been discussing it for eight hours. Why didn't anyone tweet me, fucking hell.

All I'm saying is that I don't think Destiny will be as grand a departure from Halo-style multiplayer as some seem to be expecting. I suppose it's all subjective though, I didn't think Reach was a terribly far departure either, so take that for what you will. At least with Destiny, people can't blame Bungie for ruining Halo anymore, they can just say they don't like it and go about their business.

I've always said I'm more of a fan of Bungie than Halo, but I'm open to Halo games that can espouse the same spirit, and feature the same action-intense game play as Bungie's previous efforts. I just don't think Halo 4 did that.

I'm glad Bungie is detached from Halo because I've always had the feeling they wanted to do more with their creative muscles, but Microsoft/Halo seemed like it had a strict formula they wanted to stick to. There's no denying that Bungie is made up of extremely talented people, especially in the way they deliver that lore.

I wanted more Star Wars from Halo, going to other planets and visiting alien locales. People gave Halo 2 crap for the Covenant story, but I think that was one of its strongest points. Look how many Elite fans we have as a result. So much more potential to be told through these games that for some reason, we only see through other mediums.

Halo has always felt too grounded IMO. Sure we visited Halo rings, but I still think that we could've explored more instead of them focusing so heavily on the human side of things. That's why I'm hyped for Destiny while not expecting a Halo clone.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110920014257/creepypasta/images/1/13/Thats_the_joke.jpg[/MG][/QUOTE]

Yeah but deeeeeeeeeeeep space, journeying outside of the small UNSC/Earth problems.

I would love to play as The Arbiter again for a portion of Halo 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom