• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

heckfu

Banned
Hey remember that Halo 4 follower kid nobody really likes his videos cuz they're bad?

It gets even better. He's trying to get his followers and halo fans into a Pyramid Scheme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sD-7JmR5Lw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I took the liberty of reviewing the video.

IykX3Z4.png

DLC BTB maps in halo 4 are awful. I really miss the asymmetrical maps designed with assault and flag games in mind, but also laid out very well for slayer. Pretty much Halo 2. And I really haven't played a single certain affinity designed map that was anything more than meh. Why do they keep getting outsourced?

This is pretty much 90% of the DLC BTB maps in Halo 4:

mel_bochner_blah_blah_blah.jpeg

EDITED for clarification :p

BTB maps from Reach to Halo4 went from bad to worse. I really miss the asymmetrical maps designed with assault and flag games in mind, but also laid out very well for slayer. Pretty much Halo 2. And I really haven't played a single certain affinity designed map that was anything more than meh. Why do they keep getting outsourced?

This is pretty much 90% of the BTB maps in Halo 4:

http://realestatearts.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/mel_bochner_blah_blah_blah.jpeg?w=500&h=666[IMG][/QUOTE]

I think Halo 4 had a much better map selection than Reach, excluding the Anniversary remakes. Reach shipped with terrible maps and much like Halo 4, the DLC maps were hardly played.

Breakpoint was solid (RIP Invasion) and so was Highlands for the most part, but Halo 4's DLC was much better IMO. But DAMN they really need to do something about charging for these maps.. Harvest was really fun from the short time I had with it.

Nowise10

Hey remember that Halo 4 follower kid nobody really likes his videos cuz they're bad?

It gets even better. He's trying to get his followers and halo fans into a Pyramid Scheme

How can anyone even take hims seriously? Every little thing he does is for money. If a 10 minute advertising video doesn't show that to his subscribers, I don't know what will.
Gotta disable the comments and rating system so you only focus on the message. Riiight.

I think Halo 4 had a much better map selection than Reach, excluding the Anniversary remakes. Reach shipped with terrible maps and much like Halo 4, the DLC maps were hardly played.

Breakpoint was solid (RIP Invasion) and so was Highlands for the most part, but Halo 4's DLC was much better IMO. But DAMN they really need to do something about charging for these maps.. Harvest was really fun from the short time I had with it.
Yeah that is true. I have no solution for the DLC issue, though. I doubt 343 has much say in it. Halo2 and Halo3 did it right.

EDIT: I just had a duh moment. When I was talking about BTB maps, I was thinking about the DLC maps, primarily. So yeah, basically what you said.

Madness

Simple, eat a loss on the DLC. Have the season pass for limited and collectors edition, have the map packs be 25% off in the first week, and then make them free when the next pack launches and force people to DL the free maps before playing.

This way, a large number of fans have all the maps with the season pass, having it discounted quite a bit for the first week means people have a more pressing reason to get them right away, and then, when the next pack launches, make the previous pack free. Not ideal, but definitely more appealing to fans. But this way, they won't be able to milk the DLC for every cent, so it won't happen. Remember this is MS, the company that hated Epic wanted to give free maps for the first Gears.

Mistel

Banned
DLC BTB maps in halo 4 are awful. I really miss the asymmetrical maps designed with assault and flag games in mind, but also laid out very well for slayer. Pretty much Halo 2. And I really haven't played a single certain affinity designed map that was anything more than meh.

Map design in BTB maps has varied dramatically in quality. There have been invasion maps like spire which weren't the best with sandbox changes in reach. As for halo 4 shatter is a decent map much better than the base game offerings.

Ragnarok, meltdown, exile aren't that good but mainly due to gameplay choices and ragnarok is from a game that lacked on spawn long range combat. I'm sure that I posted something about BTB maps a while ago, on the subject of what was wrong with them.

Fuchsdh

I wonder if a guy like Pewdiepie, or whatever his name is, made a video like that, how many people would buy into it.

How can anyone even take hims seriously? Every little thing he does is for money. If a 10 minute advertising video doesn't show that to his subscribers, I don't know what will.
Gotta disable the comments and rating system so you only focus on the message. Riiight.

I'm always amazed. At my job I've done graphics for these hour-long "the bible has a secret code for making money"-type financial videos. I don't understand who can actually buy into them--they're poorly executed with horrible production value--but they must apparently make enough money to justify spending thousands of dollars on me adding charts to them. It's pretty pathetic to see a Youtube 'personality' straight try and exploit his viewers though, and he knows it--comments and ratings disabled.

Simple, eat a loss on the DLC. Have the season pass for limited and collectors edition, have the map packs be 25% off in the first week, and then make them free when the next pack launches and force people to DL the free maps before playing.

This way, a large number of fans have all the maps with the season pass, having it discounted quite a bit for the first week means people have a more pressing reason to get them right away, and then, when the next pack launches, make the previous pack free. Not ideal, but definitely more appealing to fans. But this way, they won't be able to milk the DLC for every cent, so it won't happen. Remember this is MS, the company that hated Epic wanted to give free maps for the first Gears.

I think you could argue with the exact discounts and when they went free, but something where the map packs are free or discounted and bundled together promptly are definitely essential. If you've got a decent playerbase in the game there's got to be some long-tail economics that works when you can get 1 million people to plop down $1 or $2 or $4 for a bundled collection of the older maps versus only having the 30,000 diehard fans pay $10 and never see the maps come up.

UPDATE

Headhunter 1.1 download link

Enabled Teams options, you can choose to play Headhunter with teams or FFA style now. All eight available teams are enabled now for some multi-team headhunter madness.

Score system adjusted and improved for FFA and Team play.

Added hh_team_only and hh_ffa_only labels to filter and delete team specific objects .

Added Skull Confirmed option. When Skull Confirmed is enabled collecting a skull will instantly add up to your score, players will drop a single skull instead too. Skulls can have a waypoint over them or not but be aware that enemy players can claim your skull as their own.

Added skull behaviour option. You can toggle how skulls will behave on the battlefield, choose between drop or propel if you want skulls to drop directly into the floor or propelled into the air as usual.

Skulls statistic added. You can check the number of skulls you scored and the word “Skulls” now can be seen in the match score board.

Fixed the Skull multiplier option so that it works now when Headshots only is enabled.

Removed Allow instant win option and added a "Disabled" string option to the Skulls for instant win option.

Removed Delete skulls out of bounds option.

Added a new waypoint marker for when a player is carrying the max number of skulls and teams are enabled.

Denials statistic added. You can check how many players who were carrying the max numbers of skulls you killed.

Skull carriers killed statistic added. You can check how many players with one skull or more you have killed.

When killing a player who is carrying one skull or more you will get an “Oddball carrier medal kill” medal.

No Skull Traits replaced by default Base Traits.

Fixed some faulty text strings, added “Huge” size to the Skull Size options.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

Ugh, I've always hated him. All his videos are pretty much just something like "NEW HALO VEHICLES" and then he just talks about what vehicles he wants in the next game. I don't see how anybody actually watches his videos.

Awesome, can't wait to play it sometime.
Is there going to be customs later today?

Ominym

Banned

This shit is mind blowing. Reminds me of a friend I once lost to Amway. Any time I would open a RedBull in front of him he'd immediately chime in, "hey bro, why you drinking that garbage? Try this drink I have, it's way better."

Fuchsdh

jurassic-park-o.gif

EDIT:

Your avatar allows for unlimited Jurassic Park gifs, so thank you for that :b

These threads need more JP gifs and less wrestling, methinks.

Ugh, I've always hated him. All his videos are pretty much just something like "NEW HALO VEHICLES" and then he just talks about what vehicles he wants in the next game. I don't see how anybody actually watches his videos.

Awesome, can't wait to play it sometime.
Is there going to be customs later today?

I was planning on running some customs on the 11th, once I'm done with all the holiday madness and I've caught up on personal projects. Definitely going to be Gabo-heavy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom