• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuchsdh

I don't know what's wrong with you guys, but this very trustworthy sounding gentleman says it's all ok.

Pyramid schemes... multilevel marketing... Network Marketing is the best business opportunity out there today!

The fact that the very concept makes no mathematical or economic sense doesn't matter. ALL ABOARD!

Any of you guys have the Vector Marketing people try and sell you on a wonderful job selling knives during your college years?

I sat there in an orientation like an unemployed idiot for an hour and a half before I realized what the hell was going on.

1004814_10152523786446632_1454134582_n.jpg

Liz katz as Cortana for the upcoming Super power beatdown video "Master Chief vs. Captn. America". Not bad.

Magwik

Banned
Rewatched Halo Legends: Origin Part 2 and it is really too mysterious for its own good.

“There is a danger in secrets, both in seeking and in knowing. Some things are meant to be hidden from view. You see, some mysteries defy understanding and sometimes the things we know are untrue.”

jbbE2rEIQylWF2.png

“Some secrets should remain untouched.”

jxyXaNuQVHpWF.png

“Secrets can tempt your primal instincts and lead you again into war.”

iblwXcKZAaOQx3.gif

There needs to be more stuff like Halo Legends and less comics about Palmer.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
There needs to be more stuff like Halo Legends and less comics about Palmer.

343 and Palmer is like Square and Lightning.

There is interest in the character, but not enough to justify shoving it down the throats of fans. Anything focusing on that character is wasted potential that could have done something else with someone else.

Whoever at the company that has a fetish for her, whoever it is that thinks the public wants her over ANYONE else, really needs reigned in.

Name me one person that sat through Halo 4 and Spops (I bet that's a hard enough task in itself) and thought to themselves,

"Gee, this Palmer character is fascinating. I wish they'd make a comic about her amazing career and maybe a spin-off game that she could star in and I could play it whilst taking a shit."

Fracas

#fuckonami

There is interest in the character, but not enough to justify shoving it down the throats of fans. Anything focusing on that character is wasted potential that could have done something else with someone else.

Whoever at the company that has a fetish for her, whoever it is that thinks the public wants her over ANYONE else, really needs reigned in.

Name me one person that sat through Halo 4 and Spops (I bet that's a hard enough task in itself) and thought to themselves,

"Gee, this Palmer character is fascinating. I wish they'd make a comic about her amazing career and maybe a spin-off game that she could star in and I could play it whilst taking a shit."
I'm telling you guys, Palmer will become the main character of Halo. Chief's arc will end in 2 games, if even that. There's no other explanation for why a side character in Halo 4 suddenly got her own game and an absurd amount of various media focusing on her.

Are you not used to Halo devs refusing to give fans what they want/ask for by now?

Who is the person responsible for bringing back the Camo AA? WHO?! Why don't we have the Grenade Launcher? Why wasn't Mk.V available at launch? The list goes on.. The saga continues.

Magwik

Banned
I'm telling you guys, Palmer will become the main character of Halo. Chief's arc will end in 2 games, if even that. There's no other explanation for why a side character in Halo 4 suddenly got her own game and an absurd amount of various media focusing on her.

Halo 4-3: Palmer Returns

Fuchsdh

You can always count on Fuccshdhs do denounce anyone who has a negative opinion about something.

I'm not sure where you made the leap from me saying "It's a good book and not as bad as everyone says" to "I denounce you because you think it's a bad book", but I will denounce you for not having an ounce of reading comprehension. Happy?

I'm not sure where you made the leap from me saying "It's a good book and not as bad as everyone says" to "I denounce you because you think it's a bad book", but I will denounce you for not having an ounce of reading comprehension. Happy?

giphy.gif

EDIT:
Now we can have the 10 hour long space battles we never wanted.

Speak for yourself! I'd love more space battles in Halo, shit maybe even a side game. Rogue Squadron/Leader was awesome, but now imagine that in Halo with XBL multiplayer?

mmm, juicy

Rewatched Halo Legends: Origin Part 2 and it is really too mysterious for its own good.

“There is a danger in secrets, both in seeking and in knowing. Some things are meant to be hidden from view. You see, some mysteries defy understanding and sometimes the things we know are untrue.”

jbbE2rEIQylWF2.png

jxyXaNuQVHpWF.png

iblwXcKZAaOQx3.gif
343 should redub Origin with Jen Taylor, I can't stand this "sound alike."

Dat soundtrack though.

daedalius

jbbE2rEIQylWF2.png

jxyXaNuQVHpWF.png

iblwXcKZAaOQx3.gif

Its so good!

I should watch all of those again I think.

Tawpgun

Classic Fucs!

Nah, just I see this trend from you where someone says something is bad/terrible and you have to come in and do damage control.

Im just giving you shit, you're entitled to your unpopular opinion.

blamite

jxyXaNuQVHpWF.png

Huh, I never noticed this was Cold Storage. Neat. I like when they show the weird in-game Forerunner architecture actually having a purpose to it.

I don't think I've gotten the same sense of purpose to the more recent Forerunner stuff, mainly because nearly every Forerunner thing of any kind has a bunch of random floating pieces, while there are almost no instances of free-floating geometry in Bungie's games. I think Wars really started it and H4 took it waaaay further.

Huh, I never noticed this was Cold Storage. Neat. I like when they show the weird in-game Forerunner architecture actually having a purpose to it.

I don't think I've gotten the same sense of purpose to the more recent Forerunner stuff, mainly because nearly every Forerunner thing of any kind has a bunch of random floating pieces, while there are almost no instances of free-floating geometry in Bungie's games. I think Wars really started it and H4 took it waaaay further.

I think part of the problem is that a lot of the floating pieces (as extensions to larger pieces of tech) seem superfluous when you're dealing with such an advanced race. It's worked fine in the past when Forerunner tech floats as long as it sticks to a unified silhouette or "console," for example Enforcers, Sentinel beams, etc. There are ways to make the tech seem angular and almost "stripped-down" while still feeling powerful, with the Light Rifle being a good example of that.

I think floating parts also work better as structures compared to enemies, to an extent - the "sky chain" tower things in Shutdown were great extensions of Forerunner tech, while it starts getting a little wonky and confusing in cases like the Knights, who seemingly have no use for the floating parts in the first place.

blamite

I think part of the problem is that a lot of the floating pieces (as extensions to larger pieces of tech) seem superfluous when you're dealing with such an advanced race. It's worked fine in the past when Forerunner tech floats as long as it sticks to a unified silhouette or "console," for example Enforcers, Sentinel beams, etc. There are ways to make the tech seem angular and almost "stripped-down" while still feeling powerful, with the Light Rifle being a good example of that.

I think floating parts also work better as structures compared to enemies, to an extent - the "sky chain" tower things in Shutdown were great extensions of Forerunner tech, while it starts getting a little wonky and confusing in cases like the Knights, who seemingly have no use for the floating parts in the first place.

The problem I have it the architecture is stuff like this:

ucCWPLul.jpg

Where those lower floating bits have no obvious reason to exist at all, other than to look futuristic. There's still really nice looking Forerunner stuff in H4, like these:

J1TdW1Tl.jpg

ACXhural.jpg

It looks really cool and futuristic just by being really simple and straightforward, but still monolithic and chunky. Both of those look like they could exist next to the Halo 1/3 Control Room and not feel out of place at all, while the same can't be said for a lot of other structures in the game.

trilDWcl.jpg

Here's some other weird Forerunner stuff that I can't decide if I like or hate (but I think I don't like):

ySFruBLl.jpg

The idea of continents raised up on top of huge towers is really rad, but something about the shapes of the towers just looks really really awkward to me.

The fast that the only thing we've seen from Halo 5 is a War Sphinx made almost entirely of arbitrary floating parts is not exactly encouraging.

The problem I have it the architecture is stuff like this:

ucCWPLul.jpg

Where those lower floating bits have no obvious reason to exist at all, other than to look futuristic. There's still really nice looking Forerunner stuff in H4, like these:

J1TdW1Tl.jpg

ACXhural.jpg

It looks really cool and futuristic just by being really simple and straightforward, but still monolithic and chunky. Both of those look like they could exist next to the Halo 1/3 Control Room and not feel out of place at all, while the same can't be said for a lot of other structures in the game.

trilDWcl.jpg

Here's some other weird Forerunner stuff that I can't decide if I like or hate (but I think I don't like):

ySFruBLl.jpg

The idea of continents raised up on top of huge towers is really rad, but something about the shapes of the towers just looks really really awkward to me.

The fast that the only thing we've seen from Halo 5 is a War Sphinx made almost entirely of arbitrary floating parts is not exactly encouraging.

I'm talking about the overall sky tower megastructures, not the extra floating parts. But yeah, I see what you mean.

Elevated continents seem like a neat idea too, but I'd prefer they refine the silhouette a little and figure out what the hell they're actually supposed to be used for.

The Forerunner space phoenix might actually be a Seeker and not a War Sphinx, for the record. I have to imagine the actual War Sphinx would be even bigger as they've said sustained fire from a small group of Sphinxes was enough to decommission a Halo ring on their own.

aj1467

Two new Shootin Sammy gems:

Halo CE is by far the worst halo game ever made.

It's literally impossible to hit people regularly. The aiming and shooting is so bad. I'll fire an entire clip from that god forsaken pistol and it's not uncommon every single bullet misses. It's like It's firing blanks or something. The sniper in that game is laughable. Good luck hitting the broad side of a barn with that piece of junk let alone a moving target shooing back at you.

The lighting in that game is another really big problem. Spotting enemies right in front of you is like spotting objects in an I spy book. It really sucks.

There is nothing skillful about the halo CE pistol...

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postsm2818908_Halo-5-Multiplayer-needs-to-be-like-CE.aspx

Madness

I remember it was BBC news and they where talking about the UN. How bad do you have to be to not land one shot with the CE pistol?

It's pretty to get accustomed to Halo CE, especially after playing modern games. The pistol definitely requires skill to use. But the great thing about CE, the more you play, the better you naturally get.

And even then, there was never a guarantee you'd get the 3sk, because of the fast movement and strafe, and lower aim assist and magnetism, you miss a lot of shots, or other players dodge them.

Mistel

Banned
It's pretty to get accustomed to Halo CE, especially after playing modern games. The pistol definitely requires skill to use. But the great thing about CE, the more you play, the better you naturally get.

And even then, there was never a guarantee you'd get the 3sk, because of the fast movement and strafe, and lower aim assist and magnetism, you miss a lot of shots, or other players dodge them.

It seems they didn't practice enough then as it was never hard to do. Maybe they are just not used to the movement speed and straffing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom