• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

FyreWulff

04.jpg

Victoriarunner.

Computron

No, that's not from Halo 4.

That gaming news website just added that last part on.
I have that DVD and I have seen his work on these scenes.
They are work he has done for his personal portfolio and the Gnomon master class.

Fracas

#fuckonami
No, that's not real.

That website just added that last part on. I have that DVD and I have seen his work on these scenes. They are work he has done for his personal portfolio and the Gnomon master class.

Aww. Oh well, we should be seeing environments soon anyway.

ElRenoRaven

Halo 2 Cortana still the best Cortana in my opinion. That really shows why I don't like it though. The face is just so off. Look at the others. They at least somewhat look alike. The new face just looks wrong. Course as I said I'm going to wait and see the in game model first before passing final judgement.

Computron

New game, new art direction. I am completely fine with that. I like how they are changing Chief to add to the "Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power" feel. Why not change Cortana.

Now, the axle between the new warthog's wheels, that's another story. If that's suggesting a less agile warthog.

Finally caught up on the thread. Nice cover by GI although it's clear that Cortana was meant to appeal to video game pervs as evidenced by the voluminous size of her boobs and by pages of discussion on gaf. But that's comic art in general. Still cool to see Halo4 on the cover of the magazine, though.

Fuchsdh

Too late, I already envisioned a steampunk Chopper in my head.

I would play the hell out of a Steampunk Halo mod.

Halo 2 Cortana still the best Cortana in my opinion. That really shows why I don't like it though. The face is just so off. Look at the others. They at least somewhat look alike. The new face just looks wrong. Course as I said I'm going to wait and see the in game model first before passing final judgement.

What those images suggest to me is that Cortana is one of the few Halo characters that *hasn't* had a consistent visual style. Really, if they were regular people instead of holograms, they'd be hard to say that those are the same character. The pattern, texture and coloring are the only major unifying theme with all of them.

Can you consider something iconic right when it comes out?

DLC post release is great because it gives us more variety and more spaces to use. You can't fit 10 maps for each gametype on the disc and don't have the manpower to do it. DLC also has the massive advantage of being developed against a non-moving target engine, which is why it tends to look better than disc maps.

You also have the hindsight of actual play statistics and player behavior. The final Halo 2 maps were hardened against superbouncing and people getting through walls, which the disc maps and first DLC maps were unfortunately unable to be adapted to. Halo 3's later maps omitted the cut Equipment and did not account for them being there, and were also hardened against known engine bugs like the latter Halo 2 maps. Reach's DLC had better uses of low-grav than the disc maps, because they were able to learn what went wrong with Zealot's use of it.

And let us not ignore Foundry and Sandbox, which essentially relaunched Halo 3 as it were with new community content, which was an adaptation to how the community used the game. They never expected Forge to be used to the extent that it was at launch.

* rest of post bitching about the poor Reach post-launch support snipped out*

The maps that ship on disc need to knock it out of the park. It is difficult to fix 5 months of bad impressions..

Edit: Maybe that was a little mean.

Redford

aka Cabbie
Was that heatmap thing in the bulletin Wraparound? I'm so behind, sorry.

Edit: thanks, wonder if the forging of wonderful gray variants has been started yet.

Top Bottom