• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I'm on it!

Seriously though would be amazing to have a GAF vs 343i match in the studio....hell it would just be awesome to visit the studio!

(It would take a months paycheck to go there but since I am not paying for a house yet it would be worth it)
If I didn't have to save all the money I'll be making this year I would go 100%.

Who knows, I'm very capable of making bad decisions lol. All I would need is a cheap flight and I would do it.

I could just crash at Ghaleon's place lol :p

So what do you guys think this is?

“The game is looking really sharp and fairly far along, which is

always great to see this early. The reveal of [Yoink!] is going

to be the 'Holy sh--' moment. That's going to be the star of our

story, I think."
-Matt Miller, Game Informer

:D

The ongoing clamor for aim down sights in Halo is remarkable and richly amusing. (Referring to the gaming side thread.) If you want that, you don't understand why Halo does not feature them.

Yfw the dmr is aim down sights and the br is traditional in order to appease both bases

I would like to note that I live two hours from the studio and can be there with one day notice, same day if evening tests are desired. Just thought I'd put that out there. :)

Nice update. GI details should be flowing in the next day or so.

I would like to point out that I am about 20 minutes away (when not at school).

Something I read in the bulletin that I really liked was balancing and testing 6 core weapons in the sandbox and then expanding on that.

The ongoing clamor for aim down sights in Halo is remarkable and richly amusing. (Referring to the gaming side thread.) If you want that, you don't understand why Halo does not feature them.
Yeah, I feel like it would be asking for it in a new Quake or Counter-Strike too. Very, very wrong.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Ah, just caught up the last few pages. Guess I'll put random thoughts here:

Halo doesn't ever ever ever need iron sights.
I should stay out of the gaming side Halo thread, because I don't want to get banned lol
I saw a bunch of new guys in the last few pages. Welcome!
If people are actually serious about going to 343's studios for GAF v 343 donging, I'd be in
Cannot wait for some more Halo 4 news.

Oh, and while I generally like Cortana's new look, I do feel that she's a bit oversexualized (if that's even a word).

heckfu

Banned
Just got a PM from Ellis saying that they'll come to the AlabamaGAF meetup and bring H4.

And as the only member I'm so excited!

Woorloog

Banned

What about wanting a different Halo game that does feature ADS (but ain't COD-copy)?
Maybe slower, more tactical, maybe playing as a Marine or an ODST. You know, something akin to Operation Flashpoints and it's spritual succesors (but at smaller scale).

Halo 4 should continue classic style and not feature them of course, nor should Halo 5 or Halo 6.

wwm0nkey

hmmm looks like we would have enough people for 343 vs GAF, now we just need to wait for 343 to man up and accept the challenge.

CyReN

hmmm looks like we would have enough people for 343 vs GAF, now we just need to wait for 343 to man up and accept the challenge.

220px-Little_giants_movie.jpg

Woorloog

Banned
I would not mind MP exprementation in spinoffs.

You and me both. And i'm surprised if there are any others who think this. Or admit it.

However, there's this issue with population splitting across multiple playlists, now add one or two alternative Halo games (shooters still, not RTS or others) to the mix ...

What about wanting a different Halo game that does feature ADS (but ain't COD-copy)?
Maybe slower, more tactical, maybe playing as a Marine or an ODST. You know, something akin to Operation Flashpoints and it's spritual succesors (but at smaller scale).

Halo 4 should continue classic style and not feature them of course, nor should Halo 5 or Halo 6.

I actually wouldn't mind this. How awesome would it be if Hunters were actual OH SHIT enemies that you NEED to run away from if you don't have heavy artillery, fighting Elites that actually utilized cover (instead of just kinda standing around it) and that you can't fight in melee without getting your ass beat?

Now, for games where you play as a Spartan, that's a big no-no, but I wouldn't mine a Ghost Recon: Halo at all.

So what do you guys think this is?
:D
I betting that there will be a lot of things to get excited about in the GI article. HaloGAF tends to get excited about things that the typical Halo 4 consumer would not be as interested in. Some kind of amped up Firefight-esque experience and a more elaborate Forge would be the two things I would expect.

A persistent-worldish kind of battlefield would be cool too, but that's a little too out-there for most Halo players I would guess.

wwm0nkey

I betting that there will be a lot of things to get excited about in the GI article. HaloGAF tends to get excited about things that the typical Halo 4 consumer would not be as interested in. Some kind of amped up Firefight-esque experience and a more elaborate Forge would be the two things I would expect.

A persistent-worldish kind of battlefield would be cool too, but that's a little too out-there for most Halo players I would guess.

Hell that could explain why red and blue teams are fighting actually, just take the ChromeHounds mode and strip it to two sides (who the fuck even played on Sal-Kar?) and boom. Also would be a GREAT way to bring back the Clan feature and more and more devs are noticing that POE Online is the way to go. RockStar is even doing it for all of their future games.

Also I am sure tracking wins would not require a lot of server space either.

You and me both. And i'm surprised if there are any others who think this. Or admit it.

However, there's this issue with population splitting across multiple playlists, now add one or two alternative Halo games (shooters still, not RTS or others) to the mix ...

There's a way to do it without killing the population. By the time a year or two has passed the population has undergone a significant drop anyways so if 343 released an MP game with maps that are playable in regular Halo 4 MP along with "special spinoff Halo 4" MP (like they did with Anniversary) it might not hurt the playlist numbers too much. Including a Mythic-style MP disc would certainly prevent a population massacre in original Halo 4 MP.

And if the new MP is all Firefight/Ops mode type co-op action, the competitive MP playlists aren't going to be hit too badly by that.

Hell that could explain why red and blue teams are fighting actually, just take the ChromeHounds mode and strip it to two sides (who the fuck even played on Sal-Kar?) and boom. Also would be a GREAT way to bring back the Clan feature and more and more devs are noticing that POE Online is the way to go. RockStar is even doing it for all of their future games.

Also I am sure tracking wins would not require a lot of server space either.
That's sort of what I thought Invasion was going to be when it was first rumored/announced. To be honest I don't know if I would love that sort of thing in Halo or just skip it and play traditional 4v4, but it certainly would fit in with the whole "tying MP to the story" goal that 343 have mentioned.

wwm0nkey

There's a way to do it without killing the population. By the time a year or two has passed the population has undergone a significant drop anyways so if 343 released an MP game with maps that are playable in regular Halo 4 MP along with "special spinoff Halo 4" MP (like they did with Anniversary) it might not hurt the playlist numbers too much. Including a Mythic-style MP disc would certainly prevent a population massacre in original Halo 4 MP.

And if the new MP is all Firefight/Ops mode type co-op action, the competitive MP playlists aren't going to be hit too badly by that.

That's sort of what I thought Invasion was going to be when it was first rumored/announced. To be honest I don't know if I would love that sort of thing in Halo or just skip it and play traditional 4v4, but it certainly would fit in with the whole "tying MP to the story" goal that 343 have mentioned.
I dont think it would be a huge departure for Halo. More developers are making games with POE and more and more people want games with that type of online. For Halo it would be a great way to bring back clans and have them actually mean something and have clan ranks mean something too and it adds a story.

Also thinking about it that's probably why we saw emblems on the score board in the vidoc, might have been clan logos for playing in the new mode. Would make A LOT of sense really.

Woorloog

Banned
One request for Halo 4: A control scheme where zoom is in LT. You know, to emulate ADS... of course you would be still knocked from zoom as easily as ever, holding down LT wouldn't help.
Or even better, finally fully customizable controls...

zap

One request for Halo 4: A control scheme where zoom is in LT. You know, to emulate ADS... of course you would be still knocked from zoom as easily as ever, holding down LT wouldn't help.

One of my friends has been begging for this feature for ages. I guess coming from CoD to Halo is jarring :p

wwm0nkey

Question for you guys, I don't care if it is or isn't in the game but would you guys want to see Clans return to be used in an ongoing online battle of Red vs Blue? Would you guys play it or just stick to regular MM.

(I just want to see how many Halo players would actually like something like this)

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
And HUD, from position to opacity and all. Though I highly doubt a customizable HUD will happen since they seem very pleased with what they've done with it.

Woorloog

Banned
One of my friends has been begging for this feature for ages. I guess coming from CoD to Halo is jarring :p

Wouldn't mind trying out this scheme myself as i play a lot of Battlefield 3 and moving beetween games is somewhat jarring at times... Though Halo's controls are... dunno, special. After a long break, I start Halo CEA, pick up the controller and continue playing as if i hadn't kept any break (no matter whether the controls are set to BJ or Default). Same with any other Halo really (except Reach, AAs mess things up, but i don't use them, no issues).

And HUD, from position to opacity and all. Though I highly doubt a customizable HUD will happen since they seem very pleased with what they've done with it.

For the love of [inser deity or whatever here], let us at least choose the color or at very least change the default to amber or something. Blue HUD against blue sky..., please not this shit again. ODST had so good HUD, mainly due to its amber color.

Top Bottom