• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Would it really be that bad if it was a training simulation? Like people would really care about that during multiplayer.

It still seems like the most plausible thing for me. I just can't see a reason why Spartans would be fighting each other that makes sence to me, even with glasslands taken into consideration.

TheOddOne

It still seems like the most plausible thing for me. I just can't see a reason why Spartans would be fighting each other that makes sence to me, even with glasslands taken into consideration.
Eventually it will just be some fluff added for the main campaign. Nice that they added it, but people and 343 should not put much emphasis on it. The whole "perks" thing though should actually get way more attention. Seems there is a ton of misconceptions and confusion going around.

Eventually it will just be some fluff added for the main campaign. Nice that they added it, but people and 343 should not put much emphasis on it. The whole "perks" thing though should actually get way more attention. Seems there is a ton of misconceptions and confusion going around.

Absolutely. Most people won't care whether there is a story to multiplayer or not. What they do want to know is how Halo 4 is going to play with these perk things in it. People who care about things like a story in multiplayer (like me) are going to buy the game anyway so to put a lot of resources into the promotion for the multiplayer story wouldn't result in many more sales. At least, that's what I think :p

Striker

The hog will roll from BR shots in the air in 3. Go and try it yourself. We pushed over a hog one time on Valhalla with teamfire. Quite effective for the Avalance basecannons too, you could flip them over and they'd hit the side bars and get thrown back. I also liked punching them on that map for a nice "WTF" from the passengers. Hog is slightly heavier for that in 3 though. Which is weird because the handbrake stops it faster in Reach, even though it's slightly lighter while turning. And if you remember the H3 Beta, the hog in that was like trying to flip a tank.
Yeah it's terrible in Halo 3 as well. Nothing better than getting launched off damn map from BR fire when you're in a Warthog. It also bumped the 'Hog around in the hills of Valhalla, ridiculous.

WJD

Picked up Cryptum today. How is it? In comparison to the other Halo books too?

I've read First Strike, Fall of Reach and Ghosts of Onyx for reference. (GoO being the best)

Picked up Cryptum today. How is it? In comparison to the other Halo books too?

I've read First Strike, Fall of Reach and Ghosts of Onyx for reference. (GoO being the best)
It's confusing. The beginning can be hard but at the end it is the most interesting and exciting book. If you read Bear's other creation, you know what you can expect. For me, it's the best Halo book.

I didn't see that, but I really hope it is something other than training exercises. That would be such a cop-out after that reveal.

Slight Glasslands spoiler
I think Glasslands 2 will have some big hints about it. Halsey and Parangosky face off with Spartans?
Would it really be that bad if it was a training simulation? Like people would really care about that during multiplayer.
343i has to explain the conflict between
Halsey and Parangosky. A normal gamer knows Dr. Halsey maybe(it depends if they play Reach). But they don't know what she has done, or that she is the most important person for the Spartan-IIs. Otherwise these are not Spartan-IIs. They are Spartan-IVs which are trained by ONI from the beginning. We know how the ODSTs reacted to the details of the Spartans-II program, why should the Spartan-IVs be defender for Halsey? There are rational adults. They will nearly have the same reaction.

Team Snipers on Hang 'em High. Why does this exist and why do people vote for this bullshit.

Used to be incredible on Halo 1, sucks on Reach. I vote for it out of nostalgia, but regret that decision almost immediately one the game starts lol.

I just realized Hang em High, Blood Gulch and Beaver Creek have been in every Halo game except Halo 3! (Valhalla was a good enough remake for me.)

Used to be incredible on Halo 1, sucks on Reach. I vote for it out of nostalgia, but regret that decision almost immediately one the game starts lol.

I just realized Hang em High, Blood Gulch and Beaver Creek have been in every Halo game except Halo 3! (Valhalla was a good enough remake for me.)

InB4peopletellyouthatlongshoreishangemhigh

kylej

Banned
Boy you know Reach is terrible when Rat's Nest videos are being posted as examples of "fun" Halo. The only thing fun about Rat's Nest was spawn trapping people above camo and going +400 as a team in BTB.

saw third eye blind tonight.

awww yeah

gooodBYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

You're living a semi-charmed kind of life.

Going through my own rendered H3 videos:

1. Fish-Barrel. Something cool I noticed on High Ground.
2. 3 Kills...splat. Some hilarious mancannon action on Avalanche.
3. Whoops. I let the enemy team get the flag in the most hilarious way
4. Teasing Penguin. I am distraction.
5. Fancy. Dancing around a rock in Valhalla to grab a flag.
6. Thread Needles. Needler action on Longshore.
7. Double Fail. The laser isn't always a safe bet.
8. Ghal and I Own. Successful bomb run on a forge map.
9. Prowler > Chopper.
10. Nothing to It. My Chopper run ends in a hilarious way. I think it was Blood who died. Or was it Coco? Can't remember.
11. Rainin' Goose. My infamous Mongoose splatter on Valhalla.
12. Whodda thunk?. My bubble shield is defeated by an energy drainer. lulz
13. Extermination. On Orbital.

TheOddOne

343i has to explain the conflict between
Halsey and Parangosky. A normal gamer knows Dr. Halsey maybe(it depends if they play Reach). But they don't know what she has done, or that she is the most important person for the Spartan-IIs. Otherwise these are not Spartan-IIs. They are Spartan-IVs which are trained by ONI from the beginning. We know how the ODSTs reacted to the details of the Spartans-II program, why should the Spartan-IVs be defender for Halsey? There are rational adults. They will nearly have the same reaction.
Huh? I don't quite get your drift.

as I've posted before, this is the greatest H3 clip of all time.

http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=105756774

blainer exterm as fast as you can pull the trigger. I've seen a lot of crazy shit in my H3 days, never saw anyone do that again.
The quit at the end caps it off perfectly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qxDl1xZTs8

This is the best Halo 3 MLG top 10 I have ever seen.
When Ogre1 got that splatter medal gaming was lifted to new heights!
Wow. Suits you.

FyreWulff

Yeah it's terrible in Halo 3 as well. Nothing better than getting launched off damn map from BR fire when you're in a Warthog. It also bumped the 'Hog around in the hills of Valhalla, ridiculous.

Solution: bring back the snow hog on tracks.

warthog_concepts.jpg

Maximum grip.

GhaleonEB

Going through my own rendered H3 videos:

1. Fish-Barrel. Something cool I noticed on High Ground.
2. 3 Kills...splat. Some hilarious mancannon action on Avalanche.
3. Whoops. I let the enemy team get the flag in the most hilarious way
4. Teasing Penguin. I am distraction.
5. Fancy. Dancing around a rock in Valhalla to grab a flag.
6. Thread Needles. Needler action on Longshore.
7. Double Fail. The laser isn't always a safe bet.
8. Ghal and I Own. Successful bomb run on a forge map.
9. Prowler > Chopper.
10. Nothing to It. My Chopper run ends in a hilarious way. I think it was Blood who died. Or was it Coco? Can't remember.
11. Rainin' Goose. My infamous Mongoose splatter on Valhalla.
12. Whodda thunk?. My bubble shield is defeated by an energy drainer. lulz
13. Extermination. On Orbital.

Remember this game? Good times.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

There isn't a Spartan civil war, no. pink Spartans do not have a galactic beef with Mauve Spartans. You'll have to wait.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome videos!

I wish most of them were in first person, though. I feel like it's usually a better perspective to show the action, unless it's a wide spread carnage shot.

Edit : Ooh, first official confirmation of no Spartan civil war? First I've seen, anyways. Good to know. I hated the idea.

kylej

Banned
There isn't a Spartan civil war, no. pink Spartans do not have a galactic beef with Mauve Spartans. You'll have to wait.

The most important piece of Halo canon to me is whether Cortana's ass will be improved during the Halo 4 timeline. Please confirm or deny thank you.

I miss the days when RvB wasn't trying to get serious with its story. Haven't even cared to see the last season or two.

I really enjoyed the second last season, the one that introduced their MoCap scenes. It complemented the humour.

As for Halo 4, surely it's just Spartan's training? What better way to practice than against the best of the best?

I mean we had coloured teams as part of the lore from FOR. MC is part of Blue Team.

Top Bottom