• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

Ken

In relation to gears, this...

Reminds me of theron guards.

gow21.jpg
That's a Kantus, not a Theron Guard.

kylej

Banned
halo4_360_editeur_011prkz1.jpg

All the shots look good except for this one. What in God's name is going on with the mech map's art style? It's like a glittering display of incongruous metal retardation.

Why does he always give them cool infos?
Yeah right! I hate that guy! He is member at GAF for years and still he posts the cool infos at HaloWaypoint...

All the shots look good except for this one. What in God's name is going on with the mech map's art style? It's like a glittering display of incongruous metal retardation.
Halo never sold well in Japan. It will change now because it has a Mech. WHY DO YOU NOT GET IT?!

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

How can you tell from this one frame
per second
?.

GhaleonEB

Looks like all the human architecture in previous Halos: bad.

It's always seemed like they wanted a chunky, visually cluttered industrial style to contrast with the cleaner Forerunner and Covenant designs. But that meant they've seldom been pleasing to look at.

Karl2177

I'm just thinking for user ease of use here, but why do all of the primary rifles have to be a bullpup design? It's just something small, but another way to distinguish the guns is based on their reload design. DMR, BR, and AR all use the standard bullpup design and a cool addition would be a front loading design for one of them. Just a thought.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Warehouse looks like a Halo map. The other map (name?) looks like a new Halo map.

Not that Warehouse looks bad, it just looks similar to what we are used to as far as industrial human halo maps go.

Overdoziz

Banned
It's always seemed like they wanted a chunky, visually cluttered industrial style to contrast with the cleaner Forerunner and Covenant designs. But that meant they've seldom been pleasing to look at.
The only nice looking human architecture is found in New Alexandria. It was simple, sleek and not brown.

Myyke

Neo Member
I'm just thinking for user ease of use here, but why do all of the primary rifles have to be a bullpup design? It's just something small, but another way to distinguish the guns is based on their reload design. DMR, BR, and AR all use the standard bullpup design and a cool addition would be a front loading design for one of them. Just a thought.

Bullpup is the future!

War House (temp name) looks great - the lighting in that shot is excellent.

I'm digging the layout, too. Looks like the blocks in the bottom right let you jump up to the middle platform. Bringing back Halo 3's jump height should be great for map design, Reach seems limited by its short hops. (Remember the beta's jump height? I assume that's what most of the maps were designed to. Blech.)

Karl2177

I'm digging the layout, too. Looks like the blocks in the bottom right let you jump up to the middle platform. Bringing back Halo 3's jump height should be great for map design, Reach seems limited by its short hops. (Remember the beta's jump height? I assume that's what most of the maps were designed to. Blech.)
Shamelessly stolen from your very own HaloGAF.com:
monumenttosins.jpg

feel

The visual design on that pic with the mechakyle looks good to me. Better than similar indoor human industrial locations on previous games. I can see it going to hell once we're looking at it ingame and aliasing appears on every one of the millions edges on the screen.

I really can't wait to see the new Jackals. Also, it seems the assault carbine may be the covie weapon described there.

Grenades are not nukes. There will be male choral pieces influenced heavily by prior games. The exact monk chant? Not so much.
Im still kinda bummed that Halo's iconic theme, which showed up in the CG trailer, won't be present in Halo 4.. While I do agree its time for Neil to make the music his own, I think it should at least have some presence at least once, however mild. There is no way you can break away from Halo's themes entirely, and I imagine many will be waiting to hear some of it.\.

Don't think I can link the image, but in the Halo 4 GameInformer, there's an image of a Grunt that appears to have the signature breathing mask that Grunts have had before.

That picture was released in the media frenzy today, right here:

Also, goddamnit. If you hit someone with a plasma pistol charge it should knock them out of sprint/their armor ability. JUST SAYIN
I really hope this happens. Any kind of EMP device should without a doubt disable AA's as well as shields. I'd love to be able to drop a jetpacking fool to his death with a well-placed plasma charge. Pretty please?

Grenades are not nukes. There will be male choral pieces influenced heavily by prior games. The exact monk chant? Not so much.
The H4 jump height alone would have been enough to make the Reach grenades seem not as horrible as they are, but that's still good news to hear, especially considering that one of the new enhancements is carrying more grenades.

Damn those pics are great.

Judderman

drawer by drawer

I hate Reach's jump height, I feel gimped when I jump in that game.

Finally bought the Anniversary Map Pack, now I can hear people question the quality of my internet connection on classic Halo maps!

I really hope this happens. Any kind of EMP device should without a doubt disable AA's as well as shields. I'd love to be able to drop a jetpacking fool to his death with a well-placed plasma charge. Pretty please?

Oh man, that would be glorious.

J10

Banned
I have a question about the Spartan colors in those multiplayer action shots.

The Spartans IVs look less like Red and Blue and more like Orange and Sky Blue. Is that a result of the lighting on that map or are the colors always washed out like that? That's pretty impressive if the lighting would have such a noticeable effect on the armor colors.

I have a question about the Spartan colors in those multiplayer action shots.

The Spartans IVs look less like Red and Blue and more like Orange and Sky Blue. Is that a result of the lighting on that map or are the colors always washed out like that? That's pretty impressive if the lighting would have such a noticeable effect on the armor colors.

Its the lighting i think, if you rewatch the reveal video the shots on warhouse are much more akin to "classic" colours of dark red and blue

I will say, despite my nitpicks, I am really, really impressed with 343, they seem to have a stellar team and are really blowing me away. I cannot wait to see more, especially Jackals and Brutes.. Oh, and weapons and vehicles. Oh, and everything.

Please change the Grunts feat and hands to the Halo Reach look while retaining everything else that is new. The design would be flawless that way, at least IMO.

Top Bottom