• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

Imagine if more than a few hundred people also clicked I want to play CTF...

I do think grouping in playlists makes a certain amount of sense. I almost believe removing some control is a good thing. Forces people to go outside of their comfort zone.
On the other hand that's nonsense, player empowerment all the way.

They dont go out of their confort zone though, they just choose none of the above till they see slayer or quit till they do. Its nice in theory but it doesnt work in practice. And some playlists right now have only a few hundred people in them so i dont see the difference.

Portugeezer

I absolutely get that, and If every playlist was by game-type instead of the random shit that it is now, you could play exactly which game-type you wanted whenever you wanted and there would be no issues, or at least a lot less. But hey, i guess that's not simple enough for some people.

Sadly it seems to be. I'm an objective player, but that doesn't mean I enjoy every fucking obscure objective modes and their variants.

I get it, they don't want to split the community too much, but let's face it the community is split up either way and classic game modes like CTF warrant their own playlist.

Join in progress... loadouts... I am indifferent about those, now if only they would have specific game mode playlists like in COD, I would be happy.

GhaleonEB

I don't find it extreme at all. Matchmaking is always a compromise. It's poor sportsmanship to drop out when a gametype is democratically chosen, in Halo or anything else. We all came together to find a game within a specific set of options (and in the case of people here, options that are usually known and expected), walking away after getting something you hate is just selfish and disrespectful to your fellow players. You shouldn't even be searching in a playlist that has options you hate.

Scrubs gather, and now the game begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no DMR starts, hold no objectives, destroy no bks. I shall wear no medals and win no glory. I shall live and die at my spawn. I am the loser in the postgame. I am the watcher on the death cam. I am the Fyre that burns against the good games, the scrublord that brings the pistol to a DMR fight, the jetpacker that ruins your cover, the armor locker that guards against your rockets. I pledge my life and honor to Halo, for this night and all nights to come.

Aggrotek

Scrubs gather, and now the game begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no DMR starts, hold no objectives, destroy no bks. I shall wear no medals and win no glory. I shall live and die at my spawn. I am the loser in the postgame. I am the watcher on the death cam. I am the Fyre that burns against the good games, the scrublord that brings the pistol to a DMR fight, the jetpacker that ruins your cover, the armor locker that guards against your rockets. I pledge my life and honor to Halo, for this night and all nights to come.

Win.

I think someone could post that everyday in here and it would never get old.

Haha, that didn't seem like something you wrote, Ghaleon.

Magnificent.

Inb4 Im called a D-muncher by Frankie.

I am dying here. And nice hotlink.

I'm guessing this came from Game of Thrones.

I'm guessing this came from Game of Thrones.

Yes, it's the oath of the Night's Watch.

Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all nights to come.

Interesting, I never realized this until now, but part of the oath is cut out in the show: "I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers"

I haven't read/watched it yet either. The wife actually asked me if I wanted to start watching it the other day.

Do it.

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Night's_Watch

Oath

When joining the Night's Watch, all members must swear the following oath, either in a sept if they are of the Faith of the Seven, or before a heart tree if they follow the Old Gods of the Forest.

Hear my words and bear witness to my vow. Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.

You ought to give the Witcher 2 a try, Ghal. Its fantasy world is a nice blend of Elder Scrolls fantasy and Game of Thrones politics, and it plays pretty well.

Just don't play it when your kids are around, unless you want them to be exposed to polygon boobs at an early age. :lol

You ought to give the Witcher 2 a try, Ghal. Its fantasy world is a nice blend of Elder Scrolls fantasy and Game of Thrones politics, and it plays pretty well.

Just don't play it when your kids are around, unless you want them to be exposed to polygon boobs at an early age. :lol
Oh if you have the choice to offer Triss a bath, you should choice it. At least send you kids out before...

I read that as Elzar scrolls, lol.

Anyway, I finally bought a blu ray player today, in preparation for one future release.

Don't let me down Ridley.

Risen

I haven't read/watched it yet either. The wife actually asked me if I wanted to start watching it the other day.

No matter what Time magazine says... Martin is certainly NOT "the American Tolkien" nor is he "by far the best" in the genre. Save your time and watch Game of Thrones, then go read Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series or Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time.

vhfive

No matter what Time magazine says... Martin is certainly NOT "the American Tolkien" nor is he "by far the best" in the genre. Save your time and watch Game of Thrones, then go read Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series or Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time.

lol

TheOddOne

the-rock-clapping.gif

GhaleonEB

I'll need a game to get me through the late summer/fall; I'm debating between Arkham City and Witcher 2.

As for boobs, I took my kids to Titanic 3D - twice - so they've seen 3D boobs. Though I'll probably avoid playing it while they're up regardless.

(BTW, I've had that Halo/Game of Thrones quote linked in the OP since it was posted, so it was easy to chase down. I think I was just looking for a reason to post it again. :lol)

I'd going through Arkham City right now Ghal, and I'd definitely recommend the Witcher 2 over it.

W2 has a fantastic political story with great characters and some of the best action rpg combat out there (nevermind being one of the best looking games, both artistically and technically).
Arkham City is good fun, but so far it just feels like more Asylum with less atmosphere. Cool to see some of the villians missing from Asylum though.

Hyper is right though, the first few hours of the W2 are tough till you understand the combat and get a few of the talents in the talent tree.
In a sense there's some crossover in the combat between Rocksteady's Batman and the Witcher 2. The Witcher 2's combat is a much more hardcore, less forgiving version of it, but they both focus on countering, crowd management and using all the tools at your disposal. Huh, that only just occurred to me. Cool.

As for boobs, I took my kids to Titanic 3D - twice - so they've seen 3D boobs. Though I'll probably avoid playing it while they're up regardless.
There are full softcore sex scenes, so it's probably a good idea.

And yeah, always tell Triss she needs to take a bath. Though if you don't you apparently get a 50% magic resistance, which could be useful on higher difficulties.
Pfft, I'll brew some potions if it means more (or rather less) magic clothing.

I'll need a game to get me through the late summer/fall; I'm debating between Arkham City and Witcher 2.

(BTW, I've had that Halo/Game of Thrones quote linked in the OP since it was posted, so it was easy to chase down. I think I was just looking for a reason to post it again. :lol)

Apparently those boobs were censored in Japan because they didn't want people reaching out for them. Then again, I'd reach out for Kate's 3D boobs too.

And yeah, always tell Triss she needs to take a bath. Though if you don't you apparently get a 50% magic resistance, which could be useful on higher difficulties.

I'd going through Arkham City right now Ghal, and I'd definitely recommend the Witcher 2 over it.

W2 has a fantastic political story with great characters and some of the best action rpg combat out there (nevermind being one of the best looking games, both artistically and technically).
Arkham City is good fun, but so far it just feels like more Asylum with less atmosphere. Cool to see some of the villians missing from Asylum though.

My biggest problem with that game was that it lacked focus, so many villians and so many distraction.

I didn't think they handled the side mission management smartly either.

My biggest problem with that game was that it lacked focus, so many villians and so many distraction.

I didn't think they handled the side mission management smartly either.
*nods*
Yeah. I quickly realised that playing it in small chunks is better than the crazy marathon of wonder I did with Asylum. The game is very "busy" and impatient. Constantly popping things up and putting stuff in front of your face. I almost wish I could turn some of the UI off.
I shall look into a mod (playing it on PC).

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Blood of my blood.

I highly recommend Portal 2 if you can grab it for cheap.

FyreWulff

Prisoner again

start a up a

what the fuck

Hyper is right though, the first few hours of the W2 are tough till you understand the combat and get a few of the talents in the talent tree.
In a sense there's some crossover in the combat between Rocksteady's Batman and the Witcher 2. The Witcher 2's combat is a much more hardcore, less forgiving version of it, but they both focus on countering, crowd management and using all the tools at your disposal. Huh, that only just occurred to me. Cool.

There are full softcore sex scenes, so it's probably a good idea.

Pfft, I'll brew some potions if it means more (or rather less) magic clothing.
Id say pick The Witcher 2, too. At least because of the amazing developer support of CD Project Red.

daedalius

lol serious?

Terry Goodkind is some of the most juvenile fantasy I think I have read.

Wheel of Time is pretty epic, although I petered out about the 7th 1000 page book in.

I was using XBox Live as a Vent server last night, my PC mic is broke. :p

Have done that before since there are some halogaffers that refuse to use skype/vent.

Ram, you getting d3/pandas?

Personnally, i think having them by playlist makes it a lot less frustrating for everyone. I have no problem with having some mixed as long as they are all available seperately as well. I rather choose exactly what i wanna play rather than hope and pray for it. The way it is now is exactly why im fed up of certain maps and gametypes. Because people always choose the same thing of whats avaliable. And because thats the way its set up by bungie doesnt necessarily mean it cant be better. Why must we rely on them making the playlists? Why must juggernaut appear only certain times?

I personally hate the fact that i rarely play juggernaut or assault anymore simply because the people in the room wanna play the same 3 things all the time.

I see playlists now with 400 people, how is having a specifically designed playlist for every ganetype somehow worst? I dont think it is, i think its a lot better that way.

Here is what I read when I see a post like this:

Personnally
avaliable
seperately
ganetype

Weekly done. I love Firefight, and that was too much Firefight.
Yes it was. Would have been a smarter choice to roll that out for next month's update, but whatever.

...completely off topic, but if anyone here likes Ron Swanson Nick Offerman, go see his live show. Not the typical stand-up routine and it's absolutely great.

Top Bottom