• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

I always kill my brother when we play the campaign. It has to be...

When I first played co op with a old school friend I managed to set it up so that I had him constantly spawning off the map, it was at the flood bridges near the end of the Ark on Halo 3, and by killing him then directly looking over the edge he would constantly respawn off, it was brilliant. Dude could have taken the controller off me by force if he wanted to, I was laughing hard enough where I wouldnt have been able to stop him lol.

Just watching my sister play though, its interesting watching how she always forgets to change her AA and then rarely uses the AA anyway, 343 mentioned that sprint is by far the most used AA but how much of that is just down to people looking away from the screen between games/ when they die and coming back to a freshly spawned character who has defaulted at sprint? Happens to me a lot and I know about it! Casuals like my sister probably defualt with sprint out of not really knowing what the hells going on.

If I worked at 343 I would experiment by placing another AA on top of the list for a playlist for a short period and see how that influences the numbers.

Mik2121

I'll add you when I get on later too :) I play Reach with a few people here pretty often. I've got a super busy week or two ahead, but I'm sure I'll still be on a bit :)

Great! BTW, I'm playing with... 'Blazez Bear' right now. Can't remember who was him.. is he a gaffer?

zap

Ughh.. getting back into Reach, forgot the horrible matchmaking stuff where people leaves and you're left on a team with less people and nobody else joins... It would be great if I could play with some of you guys :)

Can any of you add me?... my gamertag is M1k2121

I posted this earlier (two days ago or so?) but nobody added me :(

Hey man, I just added you on Live, GT: nzapster.

I responded the first time, but forgot to send the FR. I'm in NZ, so timezones aren't quite so bad between us :) I'm on a few days a week until about this time (midnight NZT).

Mik2121

Hey man, I just added you on Live, GT: nzapster.

I responded the first time, but forgot to send the FR. I'm in NZ, so timezones aren't quite so bad between us :) I'm on a few days a week until about this time (midnight NZT).

Hey! It's cool, I remember seeing your comment, but then I tried to get back to it when I was on my 360 and just couldn't find it (too many comments since then). I was hoping you'd see my new comment :p

feel

thatfeelparty.jpg

Quick and dirty
funny-bored-guy-party-1.jpg
LOLed

Moby Frankie is pimpin

I'll try get one game in. Exam 9am tomorrow. Essay style questions on Waste management. I need to take that shit to the next level.

Consider playing Reach as revision.

"Waste Management is a serious issue to consider today. Now, I'm no pro, but when I gots noobs charging me I like to hold that left button, armour lock that shit, make time stand still and then manage the waste, if you know what I mean."

Gazzawa

Consider playing Reach as revision.

"Waste Management is a serious issue to consider today. Now, I'm no pro, but when I gots noobs charging me I like to hold that left button, armour lock that shit, make time stand still and then manage the waste, if you know what I mean."

The plasma pistol charge is a serious drain on modern societies energy resources. Renewable Forerunner energy technology is needed.
I'll never forget that RADs are the unit of radiation. It came up in and exam and I hadn't studied it. Luckily I thought of my gaming experience. Thanks again for lending me Fallout 3 Zeouterlimits.

The plasma pistol charge is a serious drain on modern societies energy resources. Renewable Forerunner energy technology is needed.
I'll never forget that RADs are the unit of radiation. It came up in and exam and I hadn't studied it. Luckily I thought of my gaming experience. Thanks again for lending me Fallout 3 Zeouterlimits.

The units for energy are now known as nanomachines. Learn it. Love it. Live it.

MrBig

Call me crazy, but I like the old DMR more. It even seems to have more detail model/texture wise.

e0rYN.png

ufUel.jpg

Halo 4 is taking on the mainline Halo 1/2/3 aesthetic in place of Reach's high noise/gritty path. Reach was a break from the norm that was enjoyable in most areas but honestly I'm glad to see 343 carrying on with the clean lines lower frequency details of Halo 3.

Visually I've loved everything I've seen about halo 4, and can't wait to see Sparth, Oaksford, and all the other guys concept work. It's just the mp gameplay that saddens me, but I'll still give it plenty of chances.

Fuchsdh

Listened to the Radio 'cast. It took you guys <8 minutes to devolve into talking about StarCraft.

cWLcG.gif

Nice, looking forward to the next one.

One of the things I also liked about the podcast was that it seemed you guys recorded it while in the same room. It had that atmosphere about it. Very impressive.

One of the things I also liked about the podcast was that it seemed you guys recorded it while in the same room. It had that atmosphere about it. Very impressive.

Yea, I agree.

The story of Domino and Devo at the Spring showcase was pretty cool too. I wish they would have let them post the 'Halo 4 no cameras' picture early, the shitstorm would've been hilarious.

789shadow

Banned
What kind of customs do you play? I would love to play some competitive halo 3 again sometime!

He plays really bizarre stuff. First game, clay shooting.

But there was that AWESOME gametype that I rocked called Blam!. Basically, three guys with shotguns, one invisible alpha zombie. Who will win?
Me, both times.

Does anyone play multi-team in Reach? Is it just me or does that Rocket Hog race completely ruin that playlist now? I love playing multi-team, but rocket hog race is the most boring gametype.

edit: Oh and one thing ive noticed in general in games that allow for people to vote is that, the voting system doesnt really work. People are always choosing the same maps over and over and its just not fun to always be on Hemorrhage... There are so many good Reach maps that never appear anymore because of this. I think in Gears3 MP, they just put one map after the other (except for in Horde where u vote), and i have to say, its a lot better that way. You have a lot more diversity that way and you play all the maps. The voting system is nice in theory but in practice it doesn't really work. I wonder if H4 will address this?

Does anyone play multi-team in Reach? Is it just me or does that Rocket Hog race completely ruin that playlist now? I love playing multi-team, but rocket hog race is the most boring gametype.
LEAVE ROCKET HOG RACE ALONE!

But seriously, they already reduced the frequency of it appearing as a voting option, you used to be able to play it just about every game. If they're not going to have a dedicated race playlist, then they should leave it alone in multi-team.

The best way to play multi-team is to get a large group together, so you can control the vote. But I understand your frustration if Rocket Hog Race isn't your thing. Personally, I love hunting down those red markers.

Yes and Hog Race is a disgrace that needs its own playlist or nothing at all. It always gets voted for by block voting guests. A lot of the time now I'll just quit instantly, I don't care, I play Halo to shoot, not to play some dreadful mario kart variant. Interestingly enough, I've never seen such pre-lobby dashboard quitting as in the occasion that it appears, a lot of players have just lost their rag with it coming up all the time. Practically every time it gets voted for, I see at least one or two dashboard quits.

Yes and Hog Race is a disgrace that needs its own playlist or nothing at all. It always gets voted for by block voting guests. A lot of the time now I'll just quit instantly, I don't care, I play Halo to shoo, not to play some dreadful mario kart variant. Interestingly enough, I've never seen such pre-lobby dashboard quitting as in the occasion that it appears, a lot of players have just lost their rag with it coming up all the time. Practically every time it gets voted for, I see at least one or two dashboard quits.

Man, i try never to quit in Reach, but i have to say i soon as it gets voted, im outta there. I absolutely hate that gametype and it doesn't help that im also extremely fed up of Hemorrhage.

Yeah, I quit when I don't get what I want, oh wait, no I don't, 'cause I'm not a fuckin' baby.

You know what, i don't really care what you think. I do not enjoy the game-type period and when i see it, i quit. I'm not going to play a game-type i absolutely despise simply because Reach doesn't address the quitting issue. If joining a game after it started was in the game, quitting wouldn't even be an issue. Luckily 343i aren't stubborn like Bungie was and it isn't a problem in Halo4 anymore. If Halo put its playlists by game-type to begin with, people wouldn't have to pray and hope, or have 8 friends with them in order to help their chances so they can be able to play something different every once in a while like neutral assault, or Juggernaut, or any of the other game-types that are combined in those god damn stupid overall "objective" playlist. Reach doesn't work well that way. You cannot put overall game-types in a "objective" playlist, and a voting system that lets people pick the same maps all the time and not expect people to get really fed up and quit. Something has to give.

Yeah, I quit when I don't get what I want...oh wait, no I don't, 'cause I'm not a fuckin' baby.
Alternatively people should be able to play what they want. You're right, I'm not a baby, I'm someone who has limited time and doesn't want to waste that time being frustrated at repetitive or stupid map/gametype choices.

Portugeezer

Halo 4 is taking on the mainline Halo 1/2/3 aesthetic in place of Reach's high noise/gritty path. Reach was a break from the norm that was enjoyable in most areas but honestly I'm glad to see 343 carrying on with the clean lines lower frequency details of Halo 3.

Visually I've loved everything I've seen about halo 4, and can't wait to see Sparth, Oaksford, and all the other guys concept work. It's just the mp gameplay that saddens me, but I'll still give it plenty of chances.

I agree, although the Reach gun model is more detailed I prefer the clean look of Halo 4... ultimately it's not a big deal for me, I'd take it either way but a change is nice especially considering Halo 4 is set a few years after Reach.

Overdoziz

Banned
Rocket Hog Race has no place in a playlist where all other gametypes are 'normal' gametypes. Just remove it and put it in Action Sack where it belong.

Alternatively people should be able to play what they want. You're right, I'm not a baby, I'm someone who has limited time and doesn't want to waste that time being frustrated at repetitive or stupid map/gametype choices.

No no, that makes you a baby. Now lets go kill our teammate for the sniper.

heckfu

Banned
You know what, i don't really care what you think. I do not enjoy the game-type period and when i see it, i quit. I'm not going to play a game-type i absolutely despise simply because Reach doesn't address the quitting issue. If joining a game after it started was in the game, quitting wouldn't even be an issue. Luckily 343i aren't stubborn like Bungie was and it isn't a problem in Halo4 anymore. If Halo put its playlists by game-type to begin with, people wouldn't have to pray and hope, or have 8 friends with them in order to help their chances so they can be able to play something different every once in a while like neutral assault, or Juggernaut, or any of the other game-types that are combined in those god damn stupid overall "objective" playlist. Reach doesn't work well that way. You cannot put overall game-types in a "objective" playlist, and a voting system that lets people pick the same maps all the time and not expect people to get really fed up and quit. Something has to give.

yawn.

Portugeezer

Yes yes yes! CTF all day, fuck yeah.

I want CTF so bad, y u people no vote for CTF when it comes up?

Hey You

LEAVE ROCKET HOG RACE ALONE!

But seriously, they already reduced the frequency of it appearing as a voting option, you used to be able to play it just about every game. If they're not going to have a dedicated race playlist, then they should leave it alone in multi-team.

The best way to play multi-team is to get a large group together, so you can control the vote. But I understand your frustration if Rocket Hog Race isn't your thing. Personally, I love hunting down those red markers.

I thought 343/CC's were collecting Race maps, I guess nothings going to come out of that?

Top Bottom