• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

FyreWulff

Apparently Bungie's plan is to make everyone go dark with them. I'll rehost it in a sec

edit:

TCJCs.jpg

I noticed it months ago. Pretty cool banner, makes me miss the good old Bungie days (shitty ones aside), they have a way with graphics/logos/etc that I really love.

Ah, so it's been up there for a while. And now my computer is dying from those quoted GIFS.

Havok

Ah, so it's been up there for a while. And now my computer is dying from those quoted GIFS.
Recent Chrome versions chug really hard on large images and GIFs, at least for me. Just tried the most recent Firefox though, and that works like a charm.

feel

Well, that won't be satisfying now will it? ;)

I said this in Tashi's stream, but I want a "repulsor" AA that pushes people away from you for a fixed time. (out of melee range)

Problems solved. ;)
That's... I... I like it :O

Only people trying to abuse melee, shotgun, sword, etc would be affected, and I don't care
for those people.

edit- wait I would only want it to push players out of melee range, not anything else

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

Only issue is if it's capable of being used for griefing and what else it might deflect.

I could see deflecting incoming missiles and regular frags, but not bullets or stuck grenades. I also wouldn't want it lasting longer than a few seconds, anything more would be broken as hell.

I would want it as an AA simply to keep melee back obviously though. Wouldn't be OP and would have a good viability.

Edit: You're killin' me Gui. lol

edit- wait I would only want it to push players out of melee range, not anything else

Yeah, that's all I want it for.

I'm predicting what else it would do based on previous implementation of AAs.

Ryaaan14

Banned

Only people trying to abuse melee, shotgun, sword, etc would be affected, and I don't care
for those people.

Is being rly gud with one of those considered being abusive? >:_\

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Martyrdom Remember Reach AA pls.

Yeah, that's why I posted what I just did. I can see many ways in which an AA like that would be broken as hell. Basically it would be the new armor lock if it did any of the things I listed other than push people out of melee.

Is being rly gud with one of those considered being abusive? >:_\

In a game where everyone can sprint plus have another AA?. Yeah.

Avengers was good. It's not great, exceptional, the second coming of Jesus or anything, just good. I don't think the film will hold up well under scrutiny and I'm curious to see how opinions fare when the hype dies down.

I haven't seen the Avengers, but it seems more of a popcorn superhero movie, while Nolan's Batman films are more focused on character studies that involve a hero.
Those two things are not, and should not be mutually exclusive. That's why Avengers was merely good to me. It just doesn't have what it takes to be exceptional. You should read Matt Fraction's Invincible Iron Man "World's Most Wanted" and "Stark Dissassembled" storylines if you want to see how to combine the two exceptionally.

Top Bottom