• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

Portugeezer

OT, Plywood's avatar reminded me that Emilia Clarke has crazy eyebrows:

sUSCR.gif

(from Reddit today)

Would still.

1900-perv.jpg

1DNo6.gif

Portugeezer

Guys, is Just Cause 2 worth it? It's also really cheap

I'm watching a guy playing it. He just got on a balloon, grappled it onto a plane and is now just cruising around to this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l9DchICWLM

I would say so, there is a lot of stuff to blow up and things to collect, gives you a lot of freedom to do things the way you want to. It's also cheesy as fuck, but almost so bad it's good, it doesn't take itself seriously.

It just feels like a game I'd only play once and never touch it again. Don't really feel like spending money on games like that

It's exactly like that, that's why I say get it cheap which it should be now right? Also look at the video I posted above you in my previous post.

zap

Guys, is Just Cause 2 worth it? It's also really cheap

I'm watching a guy playing it. He just got on a balloon, grappled it onto a plane and is now just cruising around to this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l9DchICWLM

It is really fun, I had a blast. I didn't care much for the story and missions, but just screwing around is amazing.

I still remember the first time I was flying around admiring the scenery (it's pretty) then hearing a faint wub-wub in the background. I originally thought it must have been my neighbours, but then I realised it was getting louder. I saw a blimp in the distance and went towards it, of course. Turns out there was a party in this blimp and naturally, I crashed it, by jumping out of my plane and paragliding in, killing some guards and having a good time. Then I stole a glider from the hangar and continued to explore.

Such a cool game. The only thing I really missed as a co-op mode - that would have made everything better.

Gui_PT

It's exactly like that, that's why I say get it cheap which it should be now right? Also look at the video I posted above you in my previous post.

But I don't want a game that wouldn't be fun after only 1 playthrough =\

I would say so, there is a lot of stuff to blow up and things to collect, gives you a lot of freedom to do things the way you want to. It's also cheesy as fuck, but almost so bad it's good, it doesn't take itself seriously.

It is really fun, I had a blast. I didn't care much for the story and missions, but just screwing around is amazing.

I still remember the first time I was flying around admiring the scenery (it's pretty) then hearing a faint wub-wub in the background. I originally thought it must have been my neighbours, but then I realised it was getting louder. I saw a blimp in the distance and went towards it, of course. Turns out there was a party in this blimp and naturally, I crashed it, by jumping out of my plane and paragliding in, killing some guards and having a good time. Then I stole a glider from the hangar and continued to explore.

Such a cool game. The only thing I really missed as a co-op mode - that would have made everything better.

Thanks guys

kylej

Banned
Yeah but I loved ME2. I think Assassins Creed is the only franchise I love right now. Oh and Saints Row The Third, that was amazing. LA Noire was cool too. I think those are the only games I finished last year.

Games are boring on these old dinosaur consoles.

Arnie

ME3 is an average third person shooter with a wonky story, poor animations and a general lack of polish. It's also the worst game in the series. ME2 was the peak, and ME offered greater RPG depth and a more intriguing premise and villain.

MrBig

Yeah but I loved ME2. I think Assassins Creed is the only franchise I love right now. Oh and Saints Row The Third, that was amazing. LA Noire was cool too. I think those are the only games I finished last year.

Get Witcher 2

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

If you loved ME2 you will love ME3 more than likely, at least until you get to the end. May as well wait until the new DLC ending comes out.

Gui_PT

ME3 is an average third person shooter with a wonky story, poor animations and a general lack of polish. It's also the worst game in the series. ME2 was the peak, and ME offered greater RPG depth and a more intriguing premise and villain.

Naw ME2 has probing and it's just a corridor shooter

Arnie

Get Witcher 2

Makes Mass Effect 3 seem even worse when you play them back to back.

The Witcher 2 is infinitely superior.

Naw ME2 has probing and it's just a corridor shooter
ME2 had a better story, structure and more chances for your decisions to affect the story and it's outcome. It also felt far more polished than ME3, which just felt rushed. Some of the cinematics and animations in ME3 were laughably bad. Bioware really has gone down the shitter. And this is from someone who holds KOTOR as one of his favourite games of all time.

If Mass Effect 3 was more polished, it would be much better than ME2. Or at least I only remember the Asari Homeworld mission and some Ex-squadmate specific side quest. They were great. Especially the cutscene at the end of the homeworld mission.

Otherwise The Witcher 2 is the better game. Seriously! It's freakin' amazing! Get The Witcher 2.

Gazzawa

this mans judgement is weak just like his choice in football clubs.

MrBig

How are the loads on it? Seamless? Skyrim made me want to light my dick on fire with the constant load screens.

Another part of console syndrome.

A quick google search tells me they're less frequent and shorter than skyrim, the system is completely different from PC so I can't say exactly.
I played skyrim on PC, but I watched my sister play it on 360 a few times and it was unbearable.

Off topic, but I figured I may ask here in case anyone knows:

I have a Macbook, I believe it is 2 years old.. anyways, I went to see the Avengers last night and my friend ended up staying at my place cause he was sick. He texted me asking if he could use my macbook, I said of course. Anyways, long story short, when I come home to use the computer it is really really laggy and chugging along. Then, suddenly my computer stops holding a charge, and turns off immediately when I unplug it..it still will not hold a charge. =(

Is there anything I can do about this, like did something bad get downloaded, or is it just bad luck?

This thread made me think back and realize that the only Firefight-like encounter I ever look forward to in a Halo campaign is the final fight on NMPD HQ.

The space mission in The Long Night of Solace is essentially Firefight in space. The second part of it is much better, though.

MLG Reach > Halo 3

MLG Reach is a huge improvement over Vanilla but a chunk of the maps still suck and the DMR is still pretty shitty even sans bloom. The shield recharge time is also atrocious.

Its the most playable thing in Reach, but that doesnt make it worth playing. :p

all the cool kids are playing it.
get. its good. i waited for the £20 bomba price and I don't regret it one bit.

Remember when I said you should play ME1 and 2 first?

Well after seeing that ending, playing the previous games makes no difference so just get it :lol =(

I hear ME1 is quite different gameplay wise so I may pick it up, but in terms of the gameplay while they look like fun games they dont look outstanding, then again no game looks that incredible to me at the moment. :(

I don't hate everything. :p

You seem to like Reach, so your judgement is in question.

How are the loads on it? Seamless? Skyrim made me want to light my dick on fire with the constant load screens.
As a person who played the console version I can tell you about it. The loading times are short. Very short. I'd say about 5sec-10sec is the maximum. And it loads big areas.

Edit.: I should add that I installed the game on the Hard Drive.

Off topic, but I figured I may ask here in case anyone knows:

I have a Macbook, I believe it is 2 years old.. anyways, I went to see the Avengers last night and my friend ended up staying at my place cause he was sick. He texted me asking if he could use my macbook, I said of course. Anyways, long story short, when I come home to use the computer it is really really laggy and chugging along. Then, suddenly my computer stops holding a charge, and turns off immediately when I unplug it..it still will not hold a charge. =(

Is there anything I can do about this, like did something bad get downloaded, or is it just bad luck?

Try taking out the battery and putting it back in.

Gui_PT

As a person who played the console version I can tell you about it. The loading times are short. Very short. I'd say about 5sec-10sec is the maximum. And it loads big areas.

Edit.: I should add that I installed the game on the Hard Drive.

Maybe it's just me but 5-10 second load in an installed game is terribly long.

In 2012

kylej

Banned
5-10 sec load times? Eh. I should probably just build a pc but... I have so many other things I want to spend money on :/

You've got a Mass Effect avatar. That's like a heroin addict telling you the stuff's not bad for you, through brown and cracked teeth.

Interesting fact, heroin is actually pretty easy on your organs and body, it's the hunt for cash to keep the habit up that's hard. A philosophy professor of mine used to do social work, and when women were pregnant and heroin addicts, it was easier on the baby for them to keep using than to go through withdrawls.

There's your early Sunday morning depressing fact for y'all.

Top Bottom