• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

Trey

Everyone in here loves Halo, probably more than any other franchise. If they don't voice their opinions here, where else would they do it? Not every one in here has to be 100% hunky dory with the changes thus far.

Most of the people who do lay out complaints have very valid criticisms, but people always focus on the jokes or the harshness of the post. It's the internet, quit taking it so seriously, and laugh at it. Eazy was never serious in his posts, even the thing that got him banned wasn't meant to be vile, it's just his sense of humor, I realize that not everyone can take it in stride, but I wish they could!

It's a slippery slope. Can't really expect to say whatever you want and go "jokes, man" when someone takes issue.

Shadowrun was one of the better MP games this gen, console wise. The PC port of it controlled like a fat pig. But the console version was awesome.

So the Halo 4 news just took a nose dive right back to another blackout?

Frankie said that there would be one or two little things before E3. We don't know when those will be yet.

I played some more Super Slayer today and man is it rare to get a non-forge map in that playlist. That inspired me to carve the following into my calf:

"Things I Loved About Squad Slayer (In No Particular Order)"
1. No Armor Lock
2. Very little gray
3. TU settings

...there might have been more, but I passed out from the blood loss/frustration of playing Super Slayer. And pardon the pun, but I also badly miss bleedthrough.

I had some good times on Shadowrun back in the day. Being on a team full of Ninja Trolls provided some of the best times I've ever had on Live.

heckfu

Banned
There's money in that.

don't mind me...

AD-Animated-gif-arrested-development-3695382-275-155.gif

I had some good times on Shadowrun back in the day. Being on a team full of Ninja Trolls provided some of the best times I've ever had on Live.

Ninja Trolls were so beast in pub matches. I had my best match ever with one. 32 kills on 8v8 Poco Raid. It was a massacre.

Shadowrun is clearly one of the best MP shooters ever but it should have been a $15 XBLA title.

Ramirez

I'd assume he played it... you know... at work...

Playing people at the office is not even close to the same thing as playing in real MM. First day Reach is out, people are abusing the low G area of Zealot, obviously no one at the office was lame enough to do it. This is why you can't test stuff like that only in the work environment, the plebs of the internet will always try to cheese every thing possible.

It's a slippery slope. Can't really expect to say whatever you want and go "jokes, man" when someone takes issue.

Sure ya can, doesn't mean everyone will be ok with it though. The stuff people usually take issue with on message boards is usually always miniscule in the grand scheme of things anyways.

GhaleonEB

You make my banana stand.

There's money in that.

I read this exchange five or six times thinking you were talking about this.

Kitchenware_Banana_stand.jpg

Which made the context a little weird. Were you saying that Stinkles is good at woodworking? Banana stands are useful, and you are saying Stinkles is also useful? That you like bananas and making banana stands is a euphemism for being awesome? And Stinkles was saying, hey, banana stands are big business. Gotta make a living somehow.

Then it clicked. Oh.

It's been a long day.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
My pre-E3 info prediction: Multiplayer clip with new features that we don't already know about. Speculation and naysaying will ensue, hype will skyrocket/plummet, and clarification will be given at E3. Clip may include a new vehicle.

Among many other things, I expect clan info at E3. I feel like E3 will be the single biggest moment in the Halo 4 hype machine, and Microsoft's best opportunity to steal attention away away from other competitive FPSs. Clan support and other social features would go a long way in getting people to play Halo 4, and to get their friends to play Halo 4.

And I expect some kind of new campaign teaser at E3, for sure.

don't mind me...

AD-Animated-gif-arrested-development-3695382-275-155.gif
Haha, awesome.

Computron

For certain objective gametypes it would make an area that appears to be in legal playspace suddenly take your objective away, or you could reset objectives by tossing them into it. IE in Stockpile you could just take the flags for the upper team and toss them up there 3 feet away and reset them far away from the cap point.

It'd be like playing locked side spawns on Refuge.

Oh snap! what's that? Managing matchmaking is more complex than NeoGAF armchair game designers would have you believe? NO WAY.

Hire FyreWulff.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I read this exchange five or six times thinking you were talking about this.

Kitchenware_Banana_stand.jpg

Which made the context a little weird. Were you saying that Stinkles is good at woodworking? Banana stands are useful, and you are saying Stinkles is also useful? That you like bananas and making banana stands is a euphemism for being awesome? And Stinkles was saying, hey, banana stands are big business. Gotta make a living somehow.

Then it clicked. Oh.

It's been a long day.

I wanna hang my headphones on that

Its not more complicated.

Testing it and getting it into MM is. Thats also their job though and they should know how to do it so thats completely irrelevent.

The fact is their knowledge just isn't there. They don't know what good Halo is, it comes from tons and tons of playtime that they just don't seem to have. A good comprehension on what changes mean and how casual and competitive play differ.

All of which quite a bit of people here know much better than Shishka and its now apparent NinjaOnFire also knew.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
You just hate it because the people there actually put up a fight and you can't increase your perfection count. :p
No I just don't think Reach allows for flexibility in terms of gameplay customization. Changing any of the variables calls for all of the variables to be changed which is why ZB doesn't work and MLG is a bandaid.

Top Bottom