• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

senador

Banned
It would be absolutely amazing if Microsoft gave the Reach DLC away for free.
Nah, that $10k they'll get in the next 5 years is way more worth it.

Well when you put it like that... That's still $10k. That'd be cool, but that's still revenue they'd want. :/

temporarily. If I don't think about Cortana's new cans in Halo 4 there's pretty much nothing to be excited about. I don't know why the old HaloGAF guard is all leaving, seems like there's been an exponential rise in sensitive people and canon nerds, need good people to hang around to balance it out. maybe that explains it, I guess.

I miss numbers. Would trade one hundred halogaffers for him and Eazy.

I've contacted the Admins multiple times over the past year about EazyB's ban (I've seen a bunch of permabanned members return over the years) but I never get a response.

I can see a huge chunk of the remaining Halo 2 and 3 era people leaving if Halo 4 is another unsalvageable turd. Then the Reach era guys can just bask in the completely friendly, colorful, abuse-free circle jerk environment.

:/

Not that either of you care, but I like you both, I just think you are both unnecessarily harsh. I wouldn't want you guys to stop posting, but I'm curious as to why you still stick around if you hate Reach, hate what 343 is doing, hate art and skyboxes, and seem to hate nearly everyone in HaloGAF. Is it just a tough guy front or something? <3

Ramirez

Not that either of you care, but I like you both, I just think you are both unnecessarily harsh. I wouldn't want you guys to stop posting, but I'm curious as to why you still stick around if you hate Reach, hate what 343 is doing, hate art and skyboxes, and seem to hate nearly everyone in HaloGAF. Is it just a tough guy front or something? <3

Everyone in here loves Halo, probably more than any other franchise. If they don't voice their opinions here, where else would they do it? Not every one in here has to be 100% hunky dory with the changes thus far.

Most of the people who do lay out complaints have very valid criticisms, but people always focus on the jokes or the harshness of the post. It's the internet, quit taking it so seriously, and laugh at it. Eazy was never serious in his posts, even the thing that got him banned wasn't meant to be vile, it's just his sense of humor, I realize that not everyone can take it in stride, but I wish they could!

Stupid/conversation-provoking idea: What if only the first half of halo 4's campaign was on the disc, and a patch came out globally on "official" day one for all standard-edition copies (legendary/mythic/full-scale model of cortana's ass made by tempur pedic editions not included) free of charge as a way of preventing campaign leaks?

Stupid/conversation-provoking idea: What if only the first half of halo 4's campaign was on the disc, and a patch came out globally on "official" day one for all standard-edition copies (legendary/mythic/full-scale model of cortana's ass made by tempur pedic editions not included) free of charge as a way of preventing campaign leaks?
Sounds great for the people who don't plug their 360s online.

senador

Banned
Everyone in here loves Halo, probably more than any other franchise. If they don't voice their opinions here, where else would they do it? Not every one in here has to be 100% hunky dory with the changes thus far.

Most of the people who do lay out complaints have very valid criticisms, but people always focus on the jokes or the harshness of the post. It's the internet, quit taking it so seriously, and laugh at it. Eazy was never serious in his posts, even the thing that got him banned wasn't meant to be vile, it's just his sense of humor, I realize that not everyone can take it in stride, but I wish they could!

Sure, but at what point does it stop being a joke? Internet is real life too yo. Jokes are fun, but unnecessary harshness and bitterness ALL the time gets old man. I'm not offended, I just wonder why is all. I get the tie to Halo, but many hate Reach and are planning on hating Halo 4. Seems like a pretty negative way to be. Negativity up towards 4, during 4, and after. Just weird is all.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
That's a really drastic solution to a pretty negligible problem. I, for one, would be real pissed. I always buy standard editions.

Hell no.

Overdoziz

Banned
Sure, but at what point does it stop being a joke? Internet is real life too yo. Jokes are fun, but unnecessary harshness and bitterness ALL the time gets old man. I'm not offended, I just wonder why is all. I get the tie to Halo, but many hate Reach and are planning on hating Halo 4. Seems like a pretty negative way to be. Negativity up towards 4, during 4, and after. Just weird is all.
Some people are just dicks who hate everything.

I detest reach, but I keep playing it because their is nothing better (with a decent population and a good encode).

feel

Well when you put it like that... That's still $10k. That'd be cool, but that's still revenue they'd want. :/

:/

I like most people here, and Halo 4 is still not
confirmed to be terrible despite 343's best efforts in making it seem that way, so I'll be sticking around at least until both those things change. :)

Ramirez

I don't see how having doubts about what has been revealed for 4 so far is "planning" to hate it. They're only going off the info that has been provided thus far, and to be fair, it is sounding like an even bigger departure than Reach.

That's a really drastic solution to a pretty negligible problem. I, for one, would be real pissed. I always buy standard editions.

Hahahahahaha hence the stupid thought warning beforehand. I was just trying to think of some interesting/practical way to handle it. It was at its worst in Halo 3; you'd literally have people making live accounts named after late-game events to fuck people over.

I was thinking about Halo 4 earlier, and I think the only thing holding me out so far is that it's 343, so they still haven't squandered my good will. Lemme just say if this was a Bungie joint, and they were announcing things verbatim to how it has been so far, I would've been done with Halo.

For now though I can't really say as much until November!

Because Reach is a great game. One of the better on Xbox 360 right now.

Shame its a bad Halo game though.

Exactly. Compared to Halo 2 and 3, Reach isn't very good. Because it takes away all of the stuff that made those great. As it's own game though, it's very good. I think if Bungie had said from the beginning this is a very different experience people would have accepted it better. Instead they made comments like "this is the definitive Halo game," when everyone knows it isn't. I hated Reach the first few months it was out, but after realizing it's a totally different beast, I was able to enjoy it a lot more.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Because Reach is a great game. One of the better on Xbox 360 right now.

Shame its a bad Halo game though.
Nothing says bad decisions like picking the guy whose last game he worked on sold 5 copies to go and design your game. Then he shoehorns those same elements into Reach.

kylej

Banned
Nothing says bad decisions like picking the guy whose last game he worked on sold 5 copies to go and design your game. Then he shoehorns those same elements into Reach.

What about finding the matchmaking guy who took 8 weeks to remove a fusion coil from Valhalla and picking him up for your dev team?

Tawpgun

To be fair Shadowrun is a incredible game besides it minimal sales.

Best Shooter on Xbox speaking strictly gameplay wise.

One dev team wtf moment I remember is how there was a playlist manager who, going from his gamertag, hardly played Reach at all.

If you're going to manage playlists, it should be mandatory you play the damn game.

Best Shooter on Xbox speaking strictly gameplay wise.

One dev team wtf moment I remember is how there was a playlist manager who, going from his gamertag, hardly played Reach at all.

If you're going to manage playlists, it should be mandatory you play the damn game.

I'd assume he played it... you know... at work...

Overdoziz

Banned
Best thing about 343's Reach updating is when they added fusion coils to that jetpack-only area on Powerhouse but didn't bother putting a soft-kill there. Dat troll.

I played the Shadowrun demo like crazy. It was really fun, but when it came out I was like a sophomore and straight broke. I bought it 2 years later but it took forever to find a match so I never got into it like I should have. Too bad that dev team is gone. Shadowrun 2 with post launch support would have been great.

kylej

Banned
Best thing about 343's Reach updating is when they added fusion coils to that jetpack-only area on Powerhouse but didn't bother putting a soft-kill there. Dat troll.

shhhh, don't insult the matchmaking manager you'll upset him

proI_broom_1.jpg

FyreWulff

For certain objective gametypes it would make an area that appears to be in legal playspace suddenly take your objective away, or you could reset objectives by tossing them into it. IE in Stockpile you could just take the flags for the upper team and toss them up there 3 feet away and reset them far away from the cap point.

It'd be like playing locked side spawns on Refuge.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I forgot the fusion coils were even added.

Top Bottom