• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

Trey

temporarily. If I don't think about Cortana's new cans in Halo 4 there's pretty much nothing to be excited about. I don't know why the old HaloGAF guard is all leaving, seems like there's been an exponential rise in sensitive people and canon nerds, need good people to hang around to balance it out. maybe that explains it, I guess.

You say this like it's a bad thing.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
temporarily. If I don't think about Cortana's new cans in Halo 4 there's pretty much nothing to be excited about. I don't know why the old HaloGAF guard is all leaving, seems like there's been an exponential rise in sensitive people and canon nerds, need good people to hang around to balance it out. maybe that explains it, I guess.
We'll have to take as many down with us as we can.

feel

I miss numbers. Would trade one hundred halogaffers for him and Eazy.

I've contacted the Admins multiple times over the past year about EazyB's ban (I've seen a bunch of permabanned members return over the years) but I never get a response.

Homeboyd

I miss numbers. Would trade one hundred halogaffers for him and Eazy.

I've contacted the Admins multiple times over the past year about EazyB's ban (I've seen a bunch of permabanned members return over the years) but I never get a response.
The ultimate sacrifice would be someone willing to sacrifice themselves for him. You know, trade perma's.

Kuroyume

Banned
Perhaps it's jumping to conclusions but some of us feel that in the past developers have read posts from many canon fans all over the net going on about skyboxes and story details in maps which have resulted in these other elaborate maps with fictional stuff in them. And, when you see maps chug in the framerate you can't help but put the blame on some space ship battle going on a mile away above your head or some low-g area that isn't necessary. But they're there for some reason... To tell some story in multiplayer that many of us feel doesn't need to be told.

Those things may not have anything to do with framerate issues or just generally bad maps but it's an easy scapegoat.

Perhaps it's jumping to conclusions but some of us feel that in the past developers have read posts from many canon fans all over the net going on about skyboxes and story details in maps which have resulted in these other elaborate maps with fictional stuff in them.
Maybe they're there because the map designers and artists wanted them there? I don't think that's a stretch - these are collaborative projects after all, with competing interests.

I'm with you though in personally prioritizing a solid framerate and smooth mobility above and beyond other things. You get that down and then add flavor without violating those two aspects.

In campaign the slowdown seems to become more prominent when multiple effects are on screen e.g. Fuel Rod Explosions
I always figured it was the smoke effects, all other things being equal.

Eazy really wasn't. He was a really smart guy, but couldn't control his temper/posting style.
Had he been a tad more sensible he'd still be here. Can't say I haven't missed him in recent months especially though :-/.
Perhaps it's jumping to conclusions but some of us feel that in the past developers have read posts from many canon fans all over the net going on about skyboxes and story details in maps which have resulted in these other elaborate maps with fictional stuff in them. And, when you see maps chug in the framerate department you can't help but put the blame on some space ship battle going on a mile away above your head or some low-g area that isn't necessary. But they're there for some reason... To tell some story in multiplayer that many of us feel doesn't need to be told.

Those things may not have anything to do with framerate issues or just generally bad maps but it's an easy scapegoat.
Easy scapegoat. I'm going to believe Bungie knows/knew that 99.99999% of time on that map is not at all concerned with the Skybox.
In campaign the slowdown seems to become more prominent when multiple effects are on screen e.g. Fuel Rod Explosions
In multiplayer, a) there's Forge b) somewhat similar to campaign, but more...

Perhaps it's jumping to conclusions but some of us feel that in the past developers have read posts from many canon fans all over the net going on about skyboxes and story details in maps which have resulted in these other elaborate maps with fictional stuff in them. And, when you see maps chug in the framerate you can't help but put the blame on some space ship battle going on a mile away above your head or some low-g area that isn't necessary. But they're there for some reason... To tell some story in multiplayer that many of us feel doesn't need to be told.

So developers are for some reason listening to fans drove on and on about story but not to those people who offer criticisms about the multiplery? Okay.

Blueblur1

I blame Reach. I'm being serious.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
You contrast "sensitive people" to "good people". That's why I don't like you.

Trey

What about an article using an article using Gaf as a source?

: /

That entire article is terrible. From premise to execution. Look at this shit:

some shit from the article said:
Anyways, Halo fans can bet that boosters and cheaters will hopefully no longer plague your leader boards.

What the hell does that even mean? How can you bet on hope?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
The original source is Stinkles at Gaf though.

Caught those edits though lol

Dude.. that shit ain't free.

Yeah, helps to read the post before replying. Derp, lol.

In the case of the article though "The Examiner" is the source of the "news" and frank's posts were the "quotes" used in the article. So it makes sense. At least this is how I understand it from what my journalist wife is telling me.

kylej

Banned
Maybe they're there because the map designers and artists wanted them there? I don't think that's a stretch - these are collaborative projects after all, with competing interests.

I'd like a solid gold toilet, doesn't mean I'm going to get one. Keep that superfluous garbage out of the maps and make them fun to play 2 years after release, not impressive to idiots who will play 5 games of Halo 4 before playing COD.

The fact that not one single person stopped Zealot from being released with a space section and no kill timer proves to me that nobody at Bungie cares about balance or playtesting. Throw fancy looking stuff all over the place, make it shiny, let the artists have fun, who cares. Hopefully 343 is different, but those Mechhouse pictures already look worse than just about any Halo map I've ever seen.

You contrast "sensitive people" to "good people". That's why I don't like you.

And yet you still read every one of my posts.

It would be absolutely amazing if Microsoft gave the Reach DLC away for free.
Nah, that $10k they'll get in the next 5 years is way more worth it.

feel

I blame Reach. I'm being serious.
I can see a huge chunk of the remaining Halo 2 and 3 era people leaving if Halo 4 is another unsalvageable turd. Then the Reach era guys can just bask in the completely friendly, colorful, abuse-free circle jerk environment.

zap

EazyB + KyleJ = maximum hard hitting truths about Halo, while being hilarious.

Eazy's posts were the best when i was lurking.

Top Bottom