• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Karl2177

Can you elaborate on this?

You can't just have Halo: CE with updated maps and graphics inside of every disc. You have to update it in some way. IMO Halo 2 and 3 did a marvelous job of adding to it without breaking the initial feel of Halo. Sure, there were some great ideas poorly implemented like dual wielding, laser, and equipment to an extent. Reach (and by the looks of it, 4 as well) is adding bad decisions without double checking them(and if they are double checking them and thinking they are good, we need to get them out of their positions at the key Halo development studio).

If you were to throw the CE sandbox into the 3 or Reach design, it wouldn't be good. It's not because the games themselves aren't good, it just doesn't fit into them well. But Reach is bad.

Trey

You can't just have Halo: CE with updated maps and graphics inside of every disc. You have to update it in some way. IMO Halo 2 and 3 did a marvelous job of adding to it without breaking the initial feel of Halo. Sure, there were some great ideas poorly implemented like dual wielding, laser, and equipment to an extent. Reach (and by the looks of it, 4 as well) is adding bad decisions without double checking them(and if they are double checking them and thinking they are good, we need to get them out of their positions at the key Halo development studio).

Shots fired.

If you were to throw the CE sandbox into the 3 or Reach design, it wouldn't be good. It's not because the games themselves aren't good, it just doesn't fit into them well. But Reach is bad.

You almost had me until the bolded.

senador

Banned
Fall damage doesn't bother me at all. Grunt Birthday Party is in?

Edit: Glad I have only neem checking in sporadically, the gloom and doom and judgement still happening based on short shitty videos is lame.

On the first part, they did that with Anniversary, which I guess doesn't need to be stated and is a single player experience and was budget priced; but what I'm trying to say is that if it was truly an outdated game then it wouldn't need to have been made.

On the otherhand, I agree that changes are necessary. I guess when looking back on things though, what changes would I think benefit in the long run? Vehicle jacking, adding a bumper jumper control scheme, Forge for map tweaking. On the additions you felt were questionable, let's take them out. Imagine a Halo 2 without dual wielding, a Halo 3 without laser and equipment. Do you think these removals end up making those games better? If so I don't see them as making CE appear aged, you're doing the same thing as you ever were.

Just watched the new leak.

That...does not look good. The AR might have an inherent advantage. If it's supposed to dominate close range, sprint is going to get people into close range a lot quicker than they should be able to.

In before people start saying "well you can't judge you haven't played yet," but that's what I just saw, pretty clearly.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Just watched the new leak.

That...does not look good. The AR might have an inherent advantage. If it's supposed to dominate close range, sprint is going to get people into close range a lot quicker than they should be able to.

In before people start saying "well you can't judge you haven't played yet," but that's what I just saw, pretty clearly.

Hey what was the footage you watched? Finished code from November?

Fracas

#fuckonami

tumblr_luq8vq1Zdl1r6aoq4o1_250.gif

Seems like beta code to me, which is for feedback, is it not? I saw video, I gave feedback on what I saw.

I dunno if that video is sped up or what, because shields seemed to recharge REALLY fast and at one point the sprint seemed insanely quick.

senador

Banned
Seems like beta code to me, which is for feedback, is it not? I saw video, I gave feedback on what I saw.

I dunno if that video is sped up or what, because shields seemed to recharge REALLY fast and at one point the sprint seemed insanely quick.

It's a leaked video. What the fuck?

Trey

halo may not be what we remembered, but I got to say it looks damn fun to play

Looks like what I remember from 3 and Reach. But it does look fun. Let's fucking do this. (I'm totally convinced I can just turn off whatever I don't like, but I might not have to. So hype.)

.shin

Banned

Well your username surely lives up to your feedback.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Well uh, to lighten the mood here I guess...
Thinking about adding a "haters gonna hate" line to my avatar. This is what I have atm:

Thoughts? I feel like the color is off a little.

Hydra what is your perfect Halo game? Call of Duty: World at War?

I have no perfect game. I certainly don't have much of a say in what story the writers want to tell. I don't have any input into choosing what musical scores make it on the disc.

So why should I tell someone they shouldn't be doing the job they do? As a consumer, as a gamer, as a human being? Because they add text to the middle of a screen? Are they taping your eyes open in order to see it? For adding a new weapon you won't like? Are they taping your hands to the controller?

Walk away. It's what consumers of entertainment should do when the entertainment runs out. Demanding changes for shit that hasn't been announced, hasn't been explained or hasn't even been hinted at by 343, or any developer is incredibly silly?

My perfect Halo has shifted and changed in my own mind quite a bit. I like campaigns insofar as I like watching them being played through. Reach made me want to play single player a lot more than I would normally. I like wacky customs. I enjoy watching and playing MLG. I downloaded the Bungle Pro gametypes completely falling for the joke. I laugh at how I liked the idea of putting emphasis on the less used weapons.

If I don't like Halo 4, I won't play it, simple as. Let them know that it isn't my kind of game by not buying it or trading it in.

This sort of thing has happened far too much in the music I like. I certainly don't go about suggesting the band kicks a member. It's... silly

senador

Banned
^^ Well said. I don't always agree with you, but I feel you are pretty damn reasonable. Thanks for that.

Serious question: what's wrong with fall damage?

I like it. Have to think twice, can't just hop down from the high ground.

Limits escape routes. But, on the other hand, I'm sure there's a good reason it's there. /notsarcasm

I consider that a good thing. I don't think the player should be able to go everywhere all the time just because he wants to.

Limits escape routes. But, on the other hand, I'm sure there's a good reason it's there. /notsarcasm

I have no perfect game. I certainly don't have much of a say in what story the writers want to tell. I don't have any input into choosing what musical scores make it on the disc.

So why should I tell someone they shouldn't be doing the job they do? As a consumer, as a gamer, as a human being? Because they add text to the middle of a screen? Are they taping your eyes open in order to see it? For adding a new weapon you won't like? Are they taping your hands to the controller?

Walk away. It's what consumers of entertainment should do when the entertainment runs out. Demanding changes for shit that hasn't been announced, hasn't been explained or hasn't even been hinted at by 343, or any developer is incredibly silly?

My perfect Halo has shifted and changed in my own mind quite a bit. I like campaigns insofar as I like watching them being played through. Reach made me want to play single player a lot more than I would normally. I like wacky customs. I enjoy watching and playing MLG. I downloaded the Bungle Pro gametypes completely falling for the joke. I laugh at how I liked the idea of putting emphasis on the less used weapons.

If I don't like Halo 4, I won't play it, simple as. Let them know that it isn't my kind of game by not buying it or trading it in.

This sort of thing has happened far too much in the music I like. I certainly don't go about suggesting the band kicks a member. It's... silly

I might be a little biased, but I appreciate this post.

FyreWulff

I completely ignore when people remark on it, because it's bitched about not being there if it's gone, and then people bitch when it's there.

At least it didn't make the Reach TU though. That would have made Spire so fun, what with people being able to jump off the Spire and land directly on the flag cap point without dying.

Fracas

#fuckonami

How's this? It's better, but it's all I can really do on ms paint. Anyone wants to make one up, I'd be appreciative.

Top Bottom