• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Myyke

Neo Member
Anniversary is 4 melees to kill. Punching someone without shield and him not dying is terrible though. It should be 2 punches to get rid of the shields and 1 to kill someone without shields.

Unless you have the Hulk Smash armour ability which converts the user's shields into enhanced melee damage. 1 hit KO with full shields at the cost of full shield depletion and a 10 second delay to user's shield's recharging.

Make it happen 343!

nbraun80

Anniversary is 4 melees to kill. Punching someone without shield and him not dying is terrible though. It should be 2 punches to get rid of the shields and 1 to kill someone without shields.

Yeah I guess I could accept 3, but I just prefer 2. If they go with 3, there better be bleed through.

Unless you have the Hulk Smash armour ability which converts the user's shields into enhanced melee damage. 1 hit KO with full shields at the cost of full shield depletion and a 10 second delay to user's shield's recharging.

Make it happen 343!

Hulk_out__Master_Chief_by_DR_EmpireZombie.jpg

Agreed.

I like Reach's melee the best, cause it has the whole variability thing with the shield. At best you can get someone down with two melees, but because damage doesn't carry over you could start shooting and then melee before he shield is out, causing you to waste your hit. I like Reach's shield mechanism in general.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I like Reach's melee the best, cause it has the whole variability thing with the shield. At best you can get someone down with two melees, but because damage doesn't carry over you could start shooting and then melee before he shield is out, causing you to waste your hit. I like Reach's shield mechanism in general.

If I am reading this right, you want a form of armor lock that causes vehicle EMP map-wide when activated.

daedalius

So you like the fact that you could land 3 DMR shots on someone as they run up to you, melee you, and now you are at a disadvantage because your shield is broken and theirs is not?

No thanks.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i had no idea that hilarious gif of the tower of spartans on countdown came from a gaffer (A27 Tawpgun)

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I am so glad to have you in charge of the franchise, you bring fresh ideas.

Also, is this the calm before the storm? No more tidbits before the big show?

If I am understanding this correctly, Melee should have an ammo counter and you have to empty a 10 melee clip to take a shield down. In Campaign.

GhaleonEB

I played a couple games of Firefight Limited in Doubles last night with a random (good) partner. Had a great time; we held off the NEP on Corvette, somehow, against a boss wave of 24 Elites. Didn't run into the Heretics, thank goodness.

Not so luckly when we played it next on Courtyard: Heretic Snipers in Round 2, and right as they arrive the four Elite Ultras drop in, for a total of 28 Elites closing in on us. We had an amazing moment where we'd each grabbed a plasma cannon off a downed Brute Chieftain and taken up refuge in the spawn room, one on either side of the door. Two waves fell to the crossfire, but then mine ran out and he poked his head around the corner for a peek, and took a headshot from a sniper on the far side of the map. And that was that - eight lives chewed through in ~2 minutes.

Here's hoping the NEP Limited game type is fixed in next month's update. Firefight Limited is still awesome.

Kinda hope the weekly Challenge payouts get a kick in the rear soon, the last two have been pretty small.

Gazzawa

Went into the dole office today.
It was awesome
I am lying it was not at all awesome

They asked if I had been looking for work and I told them no I just wanted enough money to preorder teh limited edition halo 4s
Hydraknockz you need to get on that shit! Free money
dat shame

m23

HMnaS.gif

This has to be my favourite so far from the E3 gif thread LOL.

Gametrailers is having some sort of pre-E3 Show the week before E3, do you guys think we'll see a Halo 4 trailer there? There have been some pretty big games shown there in previous years, so it may be possible we see a multiplayer trailer before the show even begins.

TheOddOne

This has to be my favourite so far from the E3 gif thread LOL.

Gametrailers is having some sort of pre-E3 Show the week before E3, do you guys think we'll see a Halo 4 trailer there? There have been some pretty big games shown there in previous years, so it may be possible we see a multiplayer trailer before the show even begins.
I think they will show the multiplayer footage we have already seen.

LosDaddie

Banned
Reach is still fantastic. I finally got back into the game now that the CEA map pack went on sale, and damn, I missed Halo. :lol Maybe I'm just a Halo fanboy because I've been playing MW3 at my neighbor's house (while his wife is out of town), and I don't have as much fun compared to Halo Reach. I think it's the whole dueling aspect that Halo games have.

I'm still clearing out backlog games (Bastian currently), but I'll be playing Reach throughout the week. Hit me up. GT: LosDaddie

FyreWulff

I've been getting back into Reach lately, Big Team is mindless fun and has a decent population after the update. I was enjoying some of the maps (well, as much as you can enjoy a sea of gray) then I got Heavies on Cragmire... holy shit it's awful. I already hated Spire but who knew it could get any worse? I played it twice and had to quit the third time, ugh.

uh4Fy.gif

Wait, seriously?

You're complaining about the quantity of total DLC... 6 months before the game's release? WTF?

Dude, I know you're a glass half empty kind of person, but this is ridiculous. (There's not even a 'well, my reading of the LE contents is that this is the only DLC they're going to release, down the road - if I'm right, then I'm disappointed'. You're so positive that your interpretation of a rather vague hint is the only reasonable one that you're ALREADY DISAPPOINTED BY WHAT YOU DON'T HAVE. Do you think you'll apologize when the fourth pack comes out? I really doubt it. :( )

Microsoft has yet to publish any content outside of the original LE or season pass content for any game they've published (Gears of War 3 DLC as the most recent example). Hell, I've yet to see ANY publisher release content outside of the original noted pieces in the pass, on either 360 or PS3. And for their last 360 Halo games with LIVE DLC, they've only released 3 packs (ignoring the fact that the Mythic Collection was split up for marketing reasons AFTER Bungie intended it to be one pack). So they've historically been happy with 3-and-done with Halo, and I said it SEEMS like they're happy to continue with that.

If they're on the two year cycle now? Sure.. whatever. It works, since there'd be at most a year of down-time between 4's last DLC and 5. If it's the 3 year cycle, people better hope that there's more content beyond those 9 maps, lest they want to move onto other games actually releasing DLC after the 9 packs finish (and I'm giving 343 the benefit here of assuming all 3 of those packs come out in a timely fashion, unlike 3's and Reach's final packs)

I've been complaining about their DLC policies since the late term of Halo 3. Those of us that just assumed that 3's DLC schedule was an anomaly of Mattrick taking over got burned again with Reach. The maps themselves we've gotten? Great. But they're handing their playerbase over to other games with more steady content release schedules.

I'll buy the 4th pack for full price the day it comes out. Apology? Sure, I guess if I need to issue apologies for speculation now. Until then, I've learned my lesson with 3 and Reach and won't be buying 4's DLC full price, if at all. There's no point when MS has made it clear that they won't be pricedropping anymore. There's no longer any benefit to being a DLC early adopter.

Okay. I've decided. I ain't going dark. Whatever 343 decides to show they show. Microsoft's press conference is on a Monday at 9:30am PST? Okay, so that's 12:30pm my time. Hopefully I won't have a shift that goes past 12:30.

Karl2177

Melee talk? I know Striker is one of the bigger supporters of nerfing it, and I fully agree with him. I was hoping Halo 3 would have melee similar to 2 while Brute weapons would have increased melee damage(because of the spikes and stuff).

Okay. I've decided. I ain't going dark. Whatever 343 decides to show they show. Microsoft's press conference is on a Monday at 9:30am PST? Okay, so that's 12:30pm my time. Hopefully I won't have a shift that goes past 12:30.
You say that like it was up for some kind of debate. You couldn't go dark if someone paid you (and I'm not offering). ;-)

Top Bottom