• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two things I hated about Reach's movement:
1) When you hit the ground from any height above jump height you would crouch and absorb the fall before being able to move again. I want to be able to hit the ground running. Like a boss.
2) When a grenade explodes near you the shock seems to slow you down (movement and camera).

Please rid the game of both of these traits. I don't care how realistic it is, I want to feel like a Spartan.

Two things I hated about Reach's movement:
1) When you hit the ground from any height above jump height you would crouch and absorb the fall before being able to move again. I want to be able to hit the ground running. Like a boss.
2) When a grenade explodes near you the shock seems to slow you down (movement and camera).

Please rid the game of both of these traits. I don't care how realistic it is, I want to feel like a Spartan.

There are so many more little weird things with Reach movement that are just super annoying also.

Risen

At 5:20 in that video. Crouching with the Hardlight shield was a "new sandbox combination they had never thought of."

But but but GAF says you have to actually play it to understand it and offer valid opinions on game mechanic balance. lol :/

Is it "jerkful" to state the truth?

Depends on how it's said/typed.

CyRen said:
I survived the great cut of ElzarTheBam friendlist.

I never made the list in the first place ;( am sad.

I know what I want for my birthday:
2820937-web_preview.png

http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/Universe...bf0-0f01-469f-b081-0c0a20cd02bf#imageNumber=1

Heh, the Sticky D looks good to me. Shoot it to a surface, wait for enemy to come around the corner, and boom. The MLG kids were mistakenly trying to use it like the Reach grenade launcher. If they knew how to use it I think we'd be a lot more impressed.

That doesn't sound like a good weapon to me at all though. It's a purely defense weapon. The grenade launcher could do that if you liked, but it's main use was on the attack of moving and sometime airborn players in direct combat scenarios, not to mention all the bouncing it did was awesome for some sweet angled attacks.

Frank said the Grenade Launcher was underused, but it appears they have replaced it with a weapon with only a fraction of Grenade Launchers functionality.

Was that the Lead Multiplayer designer? For real?

Yep, Lead War Games designer.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
That doesn't sound like a good weapon to me at all though. It's a purely defense weapon. The grenade launcher could do that if you liked, but it's main use was on the attack of moving and sometime airborn players in direct combat scenarios, not to mention all the bouncing it did was awesome for some sweet angled attacks.

Frank said the Grenade Launcher was underused, but it appears they have replaced it with a weapon with only a fraction of Grenade Launchers functionality.
Oh yeah, no doubt. I'd wayyyyyy prefer to have the GL over the SD.

Prepare for the friend request of your lifetime Elzar, Karl, and Spawn
Any HaloGAF matches going on tonight? I'll be playing Reach tonight....starting around 10pm EST
I'm on most nights around that time, feel free to add me. GT is Franklinaut. Not actually
sure if I'll be on tonight though, haha

I'll be on anyone's friends list. only have like 20 friends currently. i had a lot of fun when me and a couple gaf members did Tip of the Spear LASO
(oh god the falcon part, the horror)

GT: dangerbeck

You know whats going to happen when you use the Hardlight shield when crouched? You stand up because the animation for the hardlight shield has a spartan standing up.

Its essentially like asking what happens if you sprint while crouching.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I may be on Reach tonight. Should do a Gaf big team night with 8 of us.

Also, I only have like 30 people on my list. Add if needed/wanted.

You know whats going to happen when you use the Hardlight shield when crouched? You stand up because the animation for the hardlight shield has a spartan standing up.

I just burst out laughing thinking of a Spartan crouch-sprinting.

daedalius

So what happens when you crouch while sprinting guise?

Crouch while armor locking?

Crouch while jet-packing?

I got it, crouch while evading... GENIUS!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

That's exactly what I'm thinking.

I was a little perturbed by that 343 guy's unsure response, but I think he was just kind of flustered. I wouldn't worry too much about it... yet.

Honestly, I think it's possible he was simply confused but didn't realize it. I mean, could you ever crouch in any Halo game while playing in third person (carrying turrets)? No. Why would this be different with the HLS?

At least I expect that you won't even be able to crouch simultaneously.

CyReN

I wouldn't break Kevin Frankin balls too hard, he's basically doing a Q/A for over a hour about Halo 4. Everyone isn't going to know everything about the game, especially when it's still in the tweaking phase. It's good though that Walshy/Shibby did bring those things up so they can look at it.

FyreWulff

You'll have to download a friends app that increased it to 150.

It's such bullshit. I play Halo with people from:

Penny Arcade Forums
NeoGAF
HBO
Bungie.net

Even if I split it evenly, that's 25 people per site I can have, and each has way more than that many people on them, and that's ignoring any people local to me that I play with and family members.

It's sad when MS still has 100 friends limits when Nintendo lets you make Groups (clans) with limits far and beyond that. Fucking Nintendo.

Penny Arcade Forums
NeoGAF
HBO
Bungie.net

Even if I split it evenly, that's 25 people per site I can have, and each has way more than that many people on them, and that's ignoring any people local to me that I play with and family members.

It's sad when MS still has 100 friends limits when Nintendo lets you make Groups (clans) with limits far and beyond that. Fucking Nintendo.

Xbox 720 either needs groups or 1000 friend limit.

Trey

Penny Arcade Forums
NeoGAF
HBO
Bungie.net

The cap will increase when MS announces XBL Platinum (tm) for ninety nine yew-ess dollars.

Fuchsdh

I imagine the 720 or whatever will boost the friends limit, but it's still kind of stupid they haven't increased it now when I'm certain they have the capability.

That said, how many friends do you really need?

Honestly, I think it's possible he was simply confused but didn't realize it. I mean, could you ever crouch in any Halo game while playing in third person (carrying turrets)? No. Why would this be different with the HLS?

At least I expect that you won't even be able to crouch simultaneously.

I think you will be able to, you could with the riot shield, and everyone knows H4 is just a reskinned Modern Warfare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom