• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
The fuck is Xenolock?
xeno- 
a combining form meaning “alien,” “strange,” “guest,” used in the formation of compound words

lock 1 (lk)
n.
4. An interlocking or entanglement of elements or parts.
a. Sports A hold in wrestling or self-defense that is secured on a part of an opponent's body.
b. A secure hold; control
c. A sure thing; a certainty

Basically my friends from H2 said I had a weird playstyle. Xenolock popped into my head as a cool name(oh to be young again) and that's basically it. #nerdmomentoftheday
Some of us actually do it right.
Not so stealth brag. I wasn't always named Plywood and the name is taken anyway. Or perhaps I can just add another O? Eh Ryaaaaaaaaaaan?

KageMaru

Considering Halo 4 takes control of the Chief for me during specific sequences, such as opening the elevator doors on the FUD, and punching both an Elite and a Knight, I'm pretty OK about John talking in the same perspective but with me in control in a limited number of instances.

He's not going to suddenly turn into a wise cracking Duke Nukem.

If anything it makes more sense - talking only in cut-scenes and being mute during gameplay despite the crazy shit happening around him, both in and out of battle, never really made any sense.

Just look at the silent Rookie in ODST, easily one of the weakest aspects about the game's narrative.

Yeah these are some good points.

Why is that a good thing, though? It's kind of a strange meta commentary at that point. :lol

And I'd hate to speculate on why Bungie chose this route for the entire series, because I suspect it has to do with them just choosing to remain consistent with Halo 1 (the final game which had quite a short development) rather than to expand upon their hero. As Slighty Live brought up, they even did it in ODST for some odd reason.

Not really saying what is good or bad, just what I've observed. Master Chief being silent has never bothered me, especially when we consider most characters don't speak in FPS. The Rookie though was a whole different story since he didn't even speak during the cut-scenes.

CyReN

Sounds like Jazzy and I are going to Pax, does anybody have hotels setup yet? or any plans? I'll sleep on the floor/closet if need be.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Why didn't 343 apply the TU to all playlists? The balance changes are so much better for the game.

Why didn't 343 apply the TU to all playlists? The balance changes are so much better for the game.
Over this there has been some debate. There was even a poll in Team Slayer, the results of which were not published, but did prompt 343i to incorporate the Team Slayer/Super Slayer split.

Needless to say, I disagree with you strongly for sound reasons I won't go into at this time.

Well just saw the Digital Foundry Tech Analysis of Halo 4. Framerate bumped up and down in the 26-30 range during as DF says "intense effects work." Here's hoping for a locked 30 by time of release.
Plenty to time for that polish to hit, a locked 30 is something I am willing to give 343I the benefit of the doubt on.

Would love to hear some 343I reactions to the article actually *cough*

Totally missed the link to Frankie's GAF post in it, ha!

FyreWulff

Why did 343 only put a single map pack on a disc that can't even load the other DLC?

Only the Shadow knows.

i4xdA9wNzmsiZ.JPG

The new sniper is like 343 as a weapon: some people like scopes, some people like viewscreens, let's stick both on there and please no-one?

edit: for the record, the Reach one has the cable too, it's just not as obvious.

feel

Why did 343 only put a single map pack on a disc that can't even load the other DLC?

Only the Shadow knows.

The new sniper is like 343 as a weapon: some people like scopes, some people like viewscreens, let's stick both on there and please no-one?
When did you become a Member again? Congrats!

No human being can type in that many friend codes in one lifetime.
NYTimes: Microsoft mocks Nintendo's archaic online infrastructure on the Neogaf boards.

I like Halo 4's the best. Those sharp-ass mothafuckers look like they hurt. Needler assassination should involve you taking one of them and stabbing a dude through the heart.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
frankie, can we expect similar needles on the needle rifle in halo 4?

worth a shot

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
They both makes it hard to see shit.

I think that's part of the reason why I said it was so hard to use when I grabbed a hold of it during a match at E3. I was kinda forced into staying zoomed in. I'm not sure how I even managed to get a no-scope headshot on my first attempt, too.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I like Halo 4's the best. Those sharp-ass mothafuckers look like they hurt. Needler assassination should involve you taking one of them and stabbing a dude through the heart.

i like its needles best, but the gun itself looks odd. like the one from 3. reach's is definitely the best IMO. nice looking needles and without a doubt the best looking body of the bunch.

Woorloog

Banned
I like the needler as it is in Reach. I think it's good to have alternative/sub-weapons like that on the map to find and mix things up a bit. It's not a power weapon by any means, but in certain situations it'll come out on top.

Plus, dudes explode in a big pink firework. That's never not satisfying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom