• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
iHaWkeNshQ3Xb.JPG

oh god.

Am I the only one that likes the sniper design?

also, i don't really think the light rifle is as powerful as everyone thinks, it looked like it took a bunch of shots to kill that knight in the video.

Nuborn

Its legit, just go to the xbox waypoint app and select the halo 4 banner. The way the synth blends into the orchestra is amazing, and gives the track such a more foreboding nature than when we first heard it back in the first look vidoc.

JuanGGZ

Banned
As I said in my article on HaloDestiny, it's a part of the HaloWaypoint experience on Xbox 360. Go to the app, and select the Halo 4 banner. Next, go to the Stuff selection, and that's the ninth video. Have fun. =)

I am not sure if posted but HaloDestiny found two new tracks of the Halo 4 OST. The one posted seems legit for me.

http://www.halodestiny.net/news-2029-deux-nouvelles-musiques-pretes-a-l-ecoute.html#skip

Sounds legit.

No seriously. Sounds awesome.

As I said in my article on HaloDestiny, it's a part of the HaloWaypoint experience on Xbox 360. Go to the app, and select the Halo 4 banner. Next, go to the Stuff selection, and that's the ninth video. Have fun. =)
Awesome, thanks :)

Least exciting leak ever.
Not all of them can be barn quality.

Its legit, just go to the xbox waypoint app and select the halo 4 banner. The way the synth blends into the orchestra is amazing, and gives the track such a more foreboding nature than when we first heard it back in the first look vidoc.

It is an amazing track.

The OST is in good hands.

Edit: That last track gives me an alien/desolate space feeling, very nice.

Did someone say that melee lunge was decreased quite a bit? *hope*
Is melee lunge even neccessary at this point? I'm already dreading the prospect of having to contend with unlimited Sprint + Thrusters + Sword/Shotgun in an environment like Adrift (which consists of tight, narrow corridors). Melee lunge on top almost sounds like overkill. :/

Overdoziz

Banned
Is melee lunge even neccessary at this point? I'm already dreading the prospect of having to contend with unlimited Sprint + Thrusters + Sword/Shotgun in an environment like Adrift (which consists of tight, narrow corridors). Melee lunge on top almost sounds like overkill. :/
Lunge is definitely a must for online console play.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

From the impressions and videos we've seen, it seems like the importance of melee has gone down drastically.

Lunge is definitely a must for online console play.

Definitely, just like bullet magnetism is a must for precision weapons.

From the impressions and videos we've seen, it seems like the importance of melee has gone down drastically.
A good thing, imo. The first 3 halo games broke down to the 'Golden Tripod'; Weapon, Melee, Grenade. Reach added Armor Abilities without tweaking the rest of the tripod. It was a poorly balanced table. 3 Long legs, 1 short. Halo 4 is making AAs more significant, and in doing that Melee and Grenades need to be altered to accommodate it (you can't really nerf weapons as they want faster kill times).
Speaking from a game design philosophical perspective.

Still worries me that there's a Sword on Adrift. Sounds about as terrible as the Sword and Shotgun on Countdown.
This is what I'm thinking. I hated having to contend with folks abusing Evade + Sword/Shotgun on Countdown.

Yeah, there seems to be a greater emphasis on gunplay in the videos I've seen. I'm just wary as to how well some armour abilities and secondary perks will work when coupled with specific weapons. At the moment none of the perks seem ruinous in themselves, but I remember MW2 degenerating in to a complete and utter shitfest once everybody sussed One Man Army + Danger Close + grenade launcher = infinite grenade spam. I'd hate for Halo to go the same way.

The sword is Halo 2 may be the most broken weapon in Halo multiplayer, but I loved that damn thing. Guy sees you with an SMG, whip out the sword and lunge from like 20 feet away and the sword hasn't even appeared in your hand yet. Infinite ammo and shit so you just go on 10-15 kill streaks with it and no one knows to look out for you since everybody kinda looks the same.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Still worries me that there's a Sword on Adrift. Sounds about as terrible as the Sword and Shotgun on Countdown.
Yup, and don't forget personal ordnance Scattershots. Countdown is a decent map completely ruined by sword/shotty camping, and Adrift looks like it may have the same fate.

Tashi

Well, at least Adrift doesn't have lifts to camp at like on Countdown.

Countdown was completely mishandled. Just because you have a CQC map, doesn't mean you have to litter it with CQC weapons. CQC weapons in CQC maps become over powered. Make the power weapons maximum effectiveness situational and require skill. Let's say I pick sword or shotgun. I have a power weapon. It's a pretty great advantage. Now throw me on a tight map like Countdown, my advantage becomes even greater. And now, put radar on. It's crazy. There's nothing wrong with taking these weapons and bringing the users wielding them out of their comfort zone. They have a power weapon, don't make it easy for them.

Overdoziz

Banned
Countdown was completely mishandled. Just because you have a CQC map, doesn't mean you have to litter it with CQC weapons. CQC weapons in CQC maps become over powered. Make the power weapons maximum effectiveness situational and require skill. Let's say I pick sword or shotgun. I have a power weapon. It's a pretty great advantage. Now throw me on a tight map like Countdown, my advantage becomes even greater. And now, put radar on. It's crazy. There's nothing wrong with taking these weapons and bringing the users wielding them out of their comfort zone. They have a power weapon, don't make it easy for them.
Exactly. Bungie putting a Sniper on Hemorrhage and a Sword and Shotgun on Countdown makes no sense to me. Of course you need some long lines of sight for the Sniper but putting it on a map take has no cover whatsoever takes it too far. Same with CQC weapons on CQC maps. It's turns power weapons into free kill weapons.

A sniper on Countdown is great because there are some nice long lines of sight (i.e. vent -> S3). It's powerful in the right hands but useless in the hand of someone like Tashi. Creates a bigger skill-gap.

I really hope 343 doesn't go down this path like Bungie has done so many times in the past. What the 343 member said during one of the MLG videos about putting power weapons on the map that are appropriate worries me. This is because he mentions not putting a Sniper on small maps even though the size doesn't have much to do with whether a power weapon is good fit on a certain map or not. I depends more on the layout.

Tashi

Exactly. Bungie putting a Sniper on Hemorrhage and a Sword and Shotgun on Countdown makes no sense to me. Of course you need some long lines of sight for the Sniper but putting it on a map take has no cover whatsoever takes it too far. Same with CQC weapons on CQC maps. It's turns power weapons into free kill weapons.

A sniper on Countdown is great because there are some nice long lines of sight (i.e. vent -> S3). It's powerful in the right hands but useless in the hand of someone like Tashi. Creates a bigger skill-gap.

I really hope 343 doesn't go down this path like Bungie has done so many times in the past. What the 343 member said during one of the MLG videos about putting power weapons on the map that are appropriate worries me. This is because he mentions not putting a Sniper on small maps even though the size doesn't have much to do with whether a power weapon is good fit on a certain maps. I depends more on the layout.

Yea this worried me too. I'm glad they're looking at it on a map by map basis though. We'll see how it turns out.

Also, sword has too many swipes. Should be 5 or 6. Rockets have 4 shots, Sniper in Reach has 8 or 12, Shotgun has a full clip

Overdoziz

Banned
Yea this worried me too. I'm glad they're looking at it on a map by map basis though. We'll see how it turns out.

Also, sword has too many swipes. Should be 5 or 6. Rockets have 4 shots, Sniper in Reach has 8 or 12, Shotgun has a full clip
Yeah, the amount of ammunition that CQC weapons have in Halo has always been excessive. A shotgun should have 1 clip with maybe 7-8 shots in it. Sword should have 5 kills in it and the Hammer about the same.

Also, why did the Sword in Halo 2 MP have unlimited ammo anyway? The one in campaign did have limited ammo, right?

Karl2177

Yeah, the amount of ammunition that CQC weapons have in Halo has always been excessive. A shotgun should have 1 clip with maybe 7-8 shots in it. Sword should have 5 kills in it and the Hammer about the same.

Also, why did the Sword in Halo 2 MP have unlimited ammo anyway? The one in campaign did have limited ammo, right?

Why was a lot of the stuff in Halo 2 odd? Time constraints, probably.

The one in campaign had limited energy, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom