• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

I think you may be mis-alinging my point. All I'm saying is, handing out points for doing something natural as you put it (the "distractions") comes from the same sad "go you" camp that putting the text in the middle of the screen does.

Gotcha. I feel stupid for even mentioning it now because honestly, all I was doing was cracking wise.

Holy shit, why didn't I think of that?

For the same reason you registered for membership to a gaming community to participate in a Halo community thread, located in the community section, but hate the community?

<your mom joke>

dontjudgep11.gif

Tawpgun

Hang on a second. I've repeatedly been told very plainly that I have "bad opinions" when I don't happen to fall in line with the majority. I once even said that I thought I was pretty good at the game, to which juices replied, after looking at my stats, eh, you're not really that good. And after that I've asked to play with people here more than once and have been ignored every time. I've only ignored people who appear to me to be very obvious trolls who have virtually nothing positive to say in any given conversation.

Why is it cool for me to get shitted on but I can't express MY distaste for other's opinions without being dismissed as an elitist?
Dat majority mob rule. At least majority in HaloGAF.

I don't remember specifics, but I do recall some of your opinions making me waaaaaaaaaaaat

J10

Banned
Thats a horrible reason, i mean seriously. See this thread? yeah its in the community forum, its also the most active and largest in this forum. Want to know why? because we exists, discuss and thrive as a community and honestly your welcome in that community because its open and cool like that. Yes we may argue and fight and such but we are still all part of the community at the end of it all. If your only here for David and Frank then get twitter and lurk this forum and refrain from posting about how much you dislike communities being communities in a community thread in a community forum.

I think you're over exaggerating in the expression of your interpretation of the sentiments behind my statements.

kylej

Banned
Hang on a second. I've repeatedly been told very plainly that I have "bad opinions" when I don't happen to fall in line with the majority. I once even said that I thought I was pretty good at the game, to which juices replied, after looking at my stats, eh, you're not really that good. And after that I've asked to play with people here more than once and have been ignored every time. I've only ignored people who appear to me to be very obvious trolls who have virtually nothing positive to say in any given conversation.

Why is it cool for me to get shitted on but I can't express MY distaste for other's opinions without being dismissed as an elitist?

lol

1) You dismissed everyone (by not wanting to participate with the rest of us), not just the two or three who are asses. The way to get past these people is to laugh at them for being silly
2) I doubt people intentionally ignored any requests, people have their own little groups that they're comfortable, did you send any FR to the numerous tags? That's how it normally starts. Same for everyone new over the years. I'd play with you if you had asked, but I don't play Reach anymore, I'm sorry.
3) These trolls you're talking about love Halo. I.. can't force your opinion but I'll just say : give it time, you might change your opinion about them

Kids mad I called him bad? Thats what I do. Its really for their own good. Like how you tell that stinky kid he smells like shit and to go shower instead of ignoring it.

No one is saying its cool for you to get shit on, but if your coming off as obnoxious with your posts then people will care less when you're shit on than when you shit on long standing members who frequently socialize and interact pleasantly with people.

Juices saying your not a good player means nothing, Juices is a fantastic player the kid has put hundreds of hours into competitive halo, what he judges "good" and others judge as good is entirely subjective. For the record id call myself a good player but as far as GAF rankings go im mid tier at the very best.

HaloGAF has ZERO trolls, the closest your ever going to get to trolls are Over and Kyle and they are both dedicated players who care alot about competitive halo, fine they may come off dickish at times but its just their shtick they both post constructive and reasoned arguments at time.

This thread is never going to be 100% solid constructive discussion about Halo because its a community thread for a COMMUNITY

J10

Banned
Gotcha. I feel stupid for even mentioning it now because honestly, all I was doing was cracking wise.

For the same reason you registered for membership to a gaming community to participate in a Halo community thread, located in the community section, but hate the community?

But I don't hate the community. Sometimes there are sections of the Halo threads that make me shake my head. That's all.

Dat majority mob rule. At least majority in HaloGAF.

I don't remember specifics, but I do recall some of your opinions making me waaaaaaaaaaaat

And that's fine. I would still like to play Halo with you though. I came here to meet and play with people who are passionate about the game. You're all here everyday, so I assumed I might meet that goal at some point.

daedalius

I mean, have you said you like armor lock?

Because that will pretty much get everyone to look at you with disdain.

As for community discussion... its a community discussion, you can either choose to try and make it better, drag it down, or not participate.

Weird day.

I like armor lock and bloom.

Oh...

I think you're over exaggerating in the expression of your interpretation of the sentiments behind my statements.

Really

Not really. I'm not here for the community though. I'm here because Frankie and Ellis don't have much of a presence anywhere else.

You're not here for the community

You are here because of Frank and David.

Try again

Tawpgun

No one is saying its cool for you to get shit on, but if your coming off as obnoxious with your posts then people will care less when you're shit on than when you shit on long standing members who frequently socialize and interact pleasantly with people.

Juices saying your not a good player means nothing, Juices is a fantastic player the kid has put hundreds of hours into competitive halo, what he judges "good" and others judge as good is entirely subjective. For the record id call myself a good player but as far as GAF rankings go im mid tier at the very best.

HaloGAF has ZERO trolls, the closest your ever going to get to trolls are Over and Kyle and they are both dedicated players who care alot about competitive halo, fine they may come off dickish at times but its just their shtick they both post constructive and reasoned arguments at time.

This thread is never going to be 100% solid constructive discussion about Halo because its a community thread for a COMMUNITY

Best post in a while. 100% troofs.

+1000

Oh and J10, you said you liked Armor Lock. Now I remember. I'm open to differing opinions. I can see why people like ARs. Even bloom.

But armor lock is too far.

Im not even joking. You can like using it, trolling people etc...

But if you seriously think it's a good addition to the game... That's just gross.

Oh and J10, you said you liked Armor Lock. Now I remember. I'm open to differing opinions. I can see why people like ARs. Even bloom.

But armor lock is too far.

Im not even joking. You can like using it, trolling people etc...

But if you seriously think it's a good addition to the game... That's just gross.
Starwolf territory.
Blocked.

Also Gazza what's your twitter?
Said hotness.

J10

Banned

I'm back. Missed this before. I didn't shit on any long standing members. I said I didn't stay for the community because the community made it clear to me early on that "bad opinions" weren't welcome. So, if I came off as obnoxious it was because someone here was obnoxious towards me first.

And I'm out again.

I'm back. Missed this before. I didn't shit on any long standing members. I said I didn't stay for the community because the community made it clear to me early on that "bad opinions" weren't welcome. So, if I came off as obnoxious it was because someone here was obnoxious towards me first.

And I'm out again.

what you whining about. man the fuck up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom