• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylej

Banned
wtf I get out of shower and party is full. such disrespect. Booties get online nerd. Xenowood you get online too little nublet.

My favorite part was spawning right into people's reticules.

I'm still waiting for test to get back to us on Cragmire Doubles.

There was one moment on the second match on Powerhouse where your entire team spawned behind me in Rock Garden.

SWAT spawns are kind of iffy in general, methinks.

Team Slayer, Team Doubles & MLG
Social Slayer & Social Big Team

That would do me fine.

I'd do similar:
Ranked
Team Slayer: Don't change this playlist
Team Doubles: Fine the way it is as well
MLG: Cut the MLG playlist. A ranked playlist in H3 will this little population is just not sustainable anymore.

Social
Social Slayer: Add some small weighting of a couple core objective gametypes in here, as well as SWAT and Snipers. These gametypes are skipped after veto.
Social Big Team: Don't change
Rumble Pit: Don't change

So 5 playlists like you suggested.

inb4 Fyre brings up that achievement requirements rip these both apart.

Moa

I'd do similar:
Ranked
MLG: Cut the MLG playlist. A ranked playlist in H3 will this little population is just not sustainable anymore.

Social
Social Slayer: Add some small weighting of a couple core objective gametypes in here, as well as SWAT and Snipers. These gametypes are skipped after veto.

Sounds a lot more reasonable, just irritates me how the population counters on Halo 3 are broken and probably will be for months to come, so we can't truly see which playlists are, dead.

FyreWulff

I'd do similar:
Ranked

Social

Missing a ranked FFA list, otherwise it'd work.

In theory, you can cut H3 down to 3 lists. Ranked FFA, Ranked 4v4, and one that resets it's EXP for 7 on the 7th.

I have all the requirements in this ancient post

I thought it already was?

Damn, poor decision on Bungie's part.

BR starts were slightly reduced in Halo 3 due to the voting data. So they were staying in line with what players were voting for..

Havok

TS needs to go BR start.
To be fair, so does every other playlist in that game.

something something something map movement
It essentially is. If you're ranked high enough, everyone vetoes for BR starts, and it's weighted more towards BR starts I think. You'll get BR games 95% of the time.
Then when it's paired with a bad map, you have to choose whether you want to play a crappy gametype or a crappy map because the system assumes that you're voting against both the gametype and map.

Moa

It essentially is. If you're ranked high enough, everyone vetoes for BR starts, and it's weighted more towards BR starts I think. You'll get BR games 95% of the time.

Am I right in thinking that if the first gametype is AR starts, after veto, the second gametype will ALWAYS be BR starts?

Well they only have millions of dollars. Don't know about 343, but Reach only made 200M on launch day. Expecting MM updates is sort of batshit crazy expectations, they are probably barely scraping by just to pay electricity in their building.

Moa

Well they only have millions of dollars. Don't know about 343, but Reach only made 200M on launch day. Expecting MM updates is sort of batshit crazy expectations, they are probably barely scraping by just to pay electricity in their building.

A future MM update is in the works if you ask me, the Objective maps competition on Waypoint, the Cartographers were looking for maps forged on the Anniversary Pack for the Anniversary playlists.

A future MM update is in the works if you ask me, the Objective maps competition on Waypoint, the Cartographers were looking for maps forged on the Anniversary Pack for the Anniversary playlists.

Oh great as long as the Craptographers are involved I'm sure itll be great! Hoping for some sweet Heavy updates.

Then when it's paired with a bad map, you have to choose whether you want to play a crappy gametype or a crappy map because the system assumes that you're voting against both the gametype and map.
That does suck when it happens, yeah, and the playlist should be BR starts. As is, though, I think it's a great playlist. It love it so much – I shouldn't have stopped playing it in Halo 3's heyday.
That's 5% too much AR.
Hush you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom