• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corona, are you serious? You live in a country with INCREDIBLE beer and you're going to drink emaciated iguana piss from Mexico?

You're going to be the second person I've added to my ignore list today.
fixed for accuracy

220px-Newcastle-brown-ale.jpg
My man. *brofist*

I thought that was the only reason to drink beer.
If you're poor or under the legal drinking age, those are the only legit reasons.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Halo talk: the idea of the Forerunner weapons conforming (one might say adapting) to the user is downright bad ass. Little touches like this continue to endear me to 343.

Fuchsdh

Anybody want to do co-op legendary for Halo 3 or ODST? When I changed my accounts I lost my legendary achievements. :( GT is same as Gaf name.

Like Woorlong, I'm in US so if you're EU better off finding chaps on your side to reduce lag.

Add me on XBL and I'm always up for a campaign run. What times are you usually on?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Men drink Jameson's.

Also I can't stand New Castle, I abhor it. I like Sam Adams and when I want something light I like Blue Moon.

(I barely drink anymore though, doesn't go well with strength training)

GhaleonEB

All those Forerunner weapons look wayyyyy too similar.

lol @ Suddoth2
Which is yet another reason why the weapon name pop ups will come in handy. I think those similarities are why they added them.

Anyone notice that there are very few jaggies in the videos we've seen? Halo 4 engine is awesome.

Yeah, it's all incredibly clean. I'm really impressed with the engine.

Edit: probably the only one here, but I don't drink. I like sparkling cider though!

Still wondering who these blue Prometheans are, the orange ones are obviously under the Didacts influence and like I said in the last thread these ones might be under the control of the Librarian or maybe the now Rampant Cortana has something to do with it?

I've been wondering the same thing. Builder Security could also be an option.

Vire

Which is yet another reason why the weapon name pop ups will come in handy. I think those similarities are why they added them.

Edit: probably the only one here, but I don't drink. I like sparkling cider though!
Or you know they could design them so that they are easily recognizable. Weapons, characters and vehicles should all have unique silhouettes that help differentiate them.

Dug

Banned
Saw the helmets on the The Halo Council today, looks great. I hope ODST gets in though!

found someone that wants it.

^ I really wanted to see enemies and allies perform assassinations in Reach...I hope that means it will happen in 4.

Yup, the weapons may look similar, but with time and better pictures Im sure we will be able to tell them apart, especially with weapon name pop ups. I will say that I wish they had a lot more variation already, some should look cleaner. But still.

And I'm not really a drinker either, though its probably for the better since I have chronic pancreatitus. =P

doing this too. but in classic mode. halo 2 iz best haloz. srry.

While Halo2's multi is pretty stellar, going back in, I find the campaign to be bad. And not bad in a "Hey this is a little worse than other halos so it's the end of the world bad." But bad in a "I don't want to play this anymore" kind of way. Conflicts are so small, fights are linear, and paced so poorly. I remember liking it at the time, but it really just doesn't stand up.

I mean, every campaign has issues, but Halo 2's is the only campaign that I actively dislike.

I still need to grab a copy ofanniversary and replay it. I haven't run through CE since Reach

GhaleonEB

Or you know they could design them so that they are easily recognizable. Weapons, characters and vehicles should all have unique silhouettes that help differentiate them.

Well, yeah. I was pointing to the fact that they are so similar as being the reason they added the pop up telling you what they are. More distinguishable weapons would be ideal; given how similar they are, I can see players running for one weapon and finding out it's another as they approach it.

BigShow36

I really hope increasing the movement speed doesn't cause ice-skating, seeing as how the default movement speed looks terribly slow. Default Halo speed has gotten pretty damn slow over the past few games, and I was really hoping it would be bumped up for 4, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

http://venturebeat.com/2012/06/06/e3-2012-halo-4s-war-games-is-gunning-for-call-of-duty/

"Spawning in and pushing the right stick forward for the first time — particularly coming off a recent Halo: Reach party — we felt the game was noticeably slower, more deliberate, almost plodding at times. You just don’t get the same sense of speed. Even bumping up the sensitivity didn’t bring it back to Reach’s level. You still space-jump, but as a Spartan IV super soldier, you’re a few notches down the rung from the Master Chief, and you don’t move like him. You go at the speed of a human marine crossing a bombed-out ruin … a la Call of Duty."

Also, random thought: I hope they're keeping an eye on the boost/thruster AA, the one that fires you forward at a high rate of speed. More importantly, make sure it can't be used to bump teammates through geometry like you can with AL or vehicles like you could in Halo 2, 3, and Reach.

Hopefully if you contact another player while using it you just stop, instead of pushing them.

( Fun ( ) Halo ) ( FyreWulff )

I really hope increasing the movement speed doesn't cause ice-skating, seeing as how the default movement speed looks terribly slow. Default Halo speed has gotten pretty damn slow over the past few games, and I was really hoping it would be bumped up for 4, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

http://venturebeat.com/2012/06/06/e3-2012-halo-4s-war-games-is-gunning-for-call-of-duty/

"Spawning in and pushing the right stick forward for the first time — particularly coming off a recent Halo: Reach party — we felt the game was noticeably slower, more deliberate, almost plodding at times. You just don’t get the same sense of speed. Even bumping up the sensitivity didn’t bring it back to Reach’s level. You still space-jump, but as a Spartan IV super soldier, you’re a few notches down the rung from the Master Chief, and you don’t move like him. You go at the speed of a human marine crossing a bombed-out ruin … a la Call of Duty."

errr hasn't everyone said it feels faster then Reach? not only in combat but movement speed as well? this is the only slightly negative thing I've seen.

BigShow36

errr hasn't everyone said it feels faster then Reach? not only in combat but movement speed as well? this is the only slightly negative thing I've seen.

Watching the videos, I thought it looked slow right off the bat. Reach is terribly slow as well though, so being slightly faster than Reach isn't really that great either.

heckfu

Banned
Watching the videos, I thought it looked slow right off the bat. Reach is terribly slow as well though, so being slightly faster than Reach isn't really that great either.

1. Reach is slow
2. Faster than Reach isn't really that great
3. Wants cake
4. Prefers to eat it too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom